• Sep 24th, 2017 5:32 pm
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
3113 posts
2972 upvotes
Montreal
munsifn wrote:
Nov 28th, 2016 10:08 am
LG G5 Folio case - 39.99 on blueshop (cheaper with coupon code)
Still waiting on this to come in. Ordered on Saturday. They had a 25% of promo for black Friday, looks like its down to 20% off for cyber Monday. Also looks like the titan colour is out of stock. They had all colours in stock when I orderd.
Bought this Folio case too, it costs $36.78 after 20% coupon and Quebec tax. They shipped yesterday and expect to receive Monday.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
1311 posts
154 upvotes
Does anyone know how the dual sim function work on this phone?

Are both slots full speed or will I need to put the data sim in a particular slot?
If both sims have data, will I be able to choose which data bucket to use?
Will there be a higher sar rating if I use it in dual sim mode?

Thank you.
Jan 7, 2014
20 posts
4 upvotes
I received the Koodo LG G5 with screen quality issue, there is a bright white spot on the screen. Not sure if I can get a replacement. Does anyone has similar experience?
Cell plan:
Public Mobile $40 4GB ($38 with Autopay)
Fido $15 3GB tablet (data only) plan
SpeakOut 7Eleven pay as you go

Credit cards:
Amex SPG, Amex Gold
May 20, 2006
375 posts
46 upvotes
vivibaby wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2016 7:57 pm
Does anyone know how the dual sim function work on this phone?

Are both slots full speed or will I need to put the data sim in a particular slot?
If both sims have data, will I be able to choose which data bucket to use?
Will there be a higher sar rating if I use it in dual sim mode?

Thank you.
why do we keep seeing this dual sim questions. The koodo version is a single sim card phone
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
1311 posts
154 upvotes
lorenzo1000 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 4:09 pm
G5 Unlock Code $4.20
I tried this and it appeared to be unlocked but when I put in my fido sim card I wasn't getting a mobile network state and ip address under settings:about phone:network. Did I mess it up somehow?

Update: I added the apn settings manually but am only able to connect to 4g and not lte. Speed test only got 6 up and 1 down. When I put my pm sim back in the fido apn disappeared. Is this supposed to happen?
May 20, 2006
375 posts
46 upvotes
Still havent received it. Has anyone been unhappy with camera?
Sep 16, 2013
7 posts
Ottawa
Got mine yesterday, played around with it all night. So far, much better than the dtek50.
The camera takes gorgeous pictures. No complaints so far.
Jun 20, 2005
184 posts
13 upvotes
London
seeka wrote:
Dec 4th, 2016 11:23 pm
Still havent received it. Has anyone been unhappy with camera?
I have been very happy with the camera. Even some of the low light photos were better than my Samsung s5
Sep 22, 2009
159 posts
8 upvotes
Markham, ON
Anyone having problem with wifi hotspot tethering? Other devices can't seem to have internet connection after it's connected.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10145 posts
3577 upvotes
carbide wrote:
Nov 24th, 2016 9:43 am
Couple points:

Amazon.com sells the LG BCK-5100 kit for about $20 - that includes spare battery, external charger cradle that doubles as a battery pack to charge other devices, plus battery case. Great value, IMO.

Since the bootloader on Canadian G5 is locked, it is not possible to block ads by replacing the hosts file. Yandex browser with AdGuard plugin works well and saves tons of traffic (loading an RFD page with ads consumes about 1MB, without ads a few kB).
Have you found any way to have those shipped to Canada? I have tried multiple options from multiple sellers, and none of them ship to Canada.
I am a Koodo customer, a Zoomer customer, and a Public Mobile customer.
Oct 21, 2013
226 posts
18 upvotes
North
RoccoI wrote:
Dec 6th, 2016 9:52 am
Got mine yesterday, played around with it all night. So far, much better than the dtek50.
The camera takes gorgeous pictures. No complaints so far.
I've a Dtek50 as well. Other than the camera, what's better? I'm worried about the hub functionality. Its quite not the same on non BB phones.
Sep 16, 2013
7 posts
Ottawa
Camera, battery, screen, faster and smoother.
I found the hub functionality clunky at best, very good integration with BBM but not with SMS.
Deal Fanatic
May 21, 2005
8294 posts
54 upvotes
vhl111 wrote:
Dec 12th, 2016 1:05 pm
I've a Dtek50 as well. Other than the camera, what's better? I'm worried about the hub functionality. Its quite not the same on non BB phones.
RoccoI wrote:
Dec 13th, 2016 3:34 pm
Camera, battery, screen, faster and smoother.
I found the hub functionality clunky at best, very good integration with BBM but not with SMS.
I came from using a BB Q10, then Z10, then Z30 and I don't miss the HUB with my G5
Yes, it was nice to have everything in one place, but not a necessity IMO.

I did download the BB HUB+ app, but it wasn't great. The HUB on BB devices was done properly.

If you want to use BBM, it works great on the LG (for the handful of contacts who still use BBM)
FOR SALE
Shoes for sale, sz 10 - 11
100% Heatware/RFD/HoFo/eBay Feedback
Deal Fanatic
May 21, 2005
8294 posts
54 upvotes
I used Mobifree to have my G5 (Nov16 mfg date) unlocked, $4.99

Code took about 36hrs to arrive, worked fine.

Will recommend.
FOR SALE
Shoes for sale, sz 10 - 11
100% Heatware/RFD/HoFo/eBay Feedback