• Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2017 3:03 pm
Oct 21, 2013
224 posts
18 upvotes
North
munsifn wrote:
Dec 13th, 2016 4:38 pm
I came from using a BB Q10, then Z10, then Z30 and I don't miss the HUB with my G5
Yes, it was nice to have everything in one place, but not a necessity IMO.

I did download the BB HUB+ app, but it wasn't great. The HUB on BB devices was done properly.

If you want to use BBM, it works great on the LG (for the handful of contacts who still use BBM)
Thsys my issue. Every non BlackBerry android phone I bought I returned it due to the fact that hub isn't great. Really want to try lg g5 but am not sure how I can survive without the hub. So sitting on the fence
Deal Fanatic
Mar 14, 2009
9724 posts
3266 upvotes
Rogers is releasing the nougat update on Wednesday! Woot! Hopefully Telus and Bell will release it on or near that date as well. I have adoptable storage enabled, I will let you guys know if I have any issues with the update.
I am a Koodo customer, a Zoomer customer, and a Public Mobile customer.
Nov 14, 2014
257 posts
61 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Does anyone have GPS issues or was it just happening to the initial batch? Was reading reddit lgg5 forum and this seems to be the biggest issue discussed there.
Jan 14, 2008
189 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
Looking forward to nougat on the g5
Dec 1, 2012
962 posts
395 upvotes
Beaverton
gc99 wrote:
Dec 18th, 2016 8:24 am
Looking forward to nougat on the g5
Why? What difference will it make?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4567 posts
1376 upvotes
Run your software update!!!!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 14, 2009
9724 posts
3266 upvotes
9394 wrote:
Dec 19th, 2016 9:32 pm
Run your software update!!!!
Yup! I'm getting Nougat right now! Bell and Telus have released it today, Rogers will be getting it tomorrow.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4567 posts
1376 upvotes
SickBeast wrote:
Dec 20th, 2016 2:21 pm
Yup! I'm getting Nougat right now! Bell and Telus have released it today, Rogers will be getting it tomorrow.
I got it last night...I run the Nova Prime launcher, so don't really notice too much difference. Battery life might have decreased a bit, but will need to run a few cycles first.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 14, 2009
9724 posts
3266 upvotes
9394 wrote:
Dec 20th, 2016 3:25 pm
I got it last night...I run the Nova Prime launcher, so don't really notice too much difference. Battery life might have decreased a bit, but will need to run a few cycles first.
Well I can confirm that even with the adoptable storage mod enabled, the update worked perfectly and I did not lose any of my files. Apparently the Antutu benchmark scores are way up with nougat on the LG G5. My phone does seem more responsive. I also really like the interface improvements they have made. It's also great to see LG upgrading the G3 to nougat as well in the new year. That phone is almost 3 years old at this point. Hopefully LG will support the G5 just as well in the long term.
Nov 14, 2014
257 posts
61 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
How is your gps? Does it lock quickly?
Sep 22, 2009
158 posts
8 upvotes
Markham, ON
SickBeast wrote:
Dec 20th, 2016 4:04 pm
Well I can confirm that even with the adoptable storage mod enabled, the update worked perfectly and I did not lose any of my files. Apparently the Antutu benchmark scores are way up with nougat on the LG G5. My phone does seem more responsive. I also really like the interface improvements they have made. It's also great to see LG upgrading the G3 to nougat as well in the new year. That phone is almost 3 years old at this point. Hopefully LG will support the G5 just as well in the long term.
G3 gets nougat too? Wow, kudos to LG. So far, i'm loving my G5, esp the fingerprint reader and the location of it. Only complain is i can't get my wifi tether to work. Anyone else with this issue? Hopefully nougat will fix this issue (didn't upgrade yet).
Dec 1, 2012
962 posts
395 upvotes
Beaverton
Anyone getting a keyboard notice constantly?

Im hoping the update clears it up as it's frustrating.

I keep getting this notice.......
Images
  • Screenshot_2016-12-21-08-05-39.png
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2006
1116 posts
279 upvotes
Winnipeg
That shows up when you have an app open that uses a keyboard and you have more than one keyboard available (enabled). Disable keyboards you're not using in apps setting section and it might go away.
Lorenzo
Deal Fanatic
Mar 14, 2009
9724 posts
3266 upvotes
Battery life seems much better in nougat, particularly the idle drain. I'm on course to get around 4h of sot which is pretty good.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3524 posts
399 upvotes
Richmond Hill
my battery life seemed to have shortened. Just updated mine last night
If you like me, i will like you back, on this forum

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)