Official LG G6 thread.

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2017 2:39 am
Tags:
Apr 20, 2015
76 posts
19 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
It's good I haven't had problem yet. I'm also loving the camera been experimenting with it and I'm impressed especially with the wide angle camera! I have taken some great shots when I went to a ghost Town
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16176 posts
1024 upvotes
Woodbridge
I think I upgraded so many times nothing really excites me anymore.

The 18:9 display isn't anything special I don't see the point. I guess I rarely use MultiWindow.

I was surprised that the three unlocking sites I use at $17 but Cellunlocker was the cheapest at $11 after conversion.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4701 posts
1504 upvotes
Pisidan wrote:
Apr 14th, 2017 9:11 pm
It's good I haven't had problem yet. I'm also loving the camera been experimenting with it and I'm impressed especially with the wide angle camera! I have taken some great shots when I went to a ghost Town
I love the wide angle camera. The phone has been nothing but great for me and I'm really happy with it....I wouldn't pay $900 for it, but at $500, it's a great deal.

One of the reason I decided against the S8 Plus was the lack of a wide angle camera...here's hoping the Note8 has dual cams.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
1311 posts
154 upvotes
Did anyone get a screen update notification for the g5?
Dec 13, 2016
21 posts
7 upvotes
GTA
ShadowVlican wrote:
Jan 17th, 2017 8:05 am
Hope they learnt their lesson with the G5
From G3, G4 issue I wish no more overheating bootloop, flickering screen on G5 and G6.
Fido 3gb $15 - Pixel XL
Virgin 3gb $15 - iPad Air
Rogers $120/monthly - FLIPTOP
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2003
1162 posts
46 upvotes
Vancouver
Hi guys. I bought my LG G6 last week from Fido. It has been a great phone.

I was wondering, did your phone come with a screen protector installed already? Here is a picture.

As you can see from the top of the phone, there is a screen protector on there. Not the cheap plastic film that comes with the phone.

Has anyone had this on their new phone out of box? If not, I guess I might have gotten a return or something.

Also, does anyone know if there is a why to find out if it is a return? Like a hidden menu or option that shows lifetime calls or data or when the phone was first activated?

Thanks
Feb 11, 2015
112 posts
113 upvotes
Ryu69 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 2:12 pm
Hi guys. I bought my LG G6 last week from Fido. It has been a great phone.

I was wondering, did your phone come with a screen protector installed already? Here is a picture.

As you can see from the top of the phone, there is a screen protector on there. Not the cheap plastic film that comes with the phone.

Has anyone had this on their new phone out of box? If not, I guess I might have gotten a return or something.

Also, does anyone know if there is a why to find out if it is a return? Like a hidden menu or option that shows lifetime calls or data or when the phone was first activated?

Thanks
Pretty sure you got a new one since I had that film on my phone too when I got it and I saw them open the box in the fido store myself.
Zoomer: $36 for 2gb data, 400 Canada-wide minutes, and a free phone?
$26 6gb data, unlimited Canada-wide minutes?
Too good.
Koodo Customer
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4701 posts
1504 upvotes
fubsabob wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 3:02 pm
Pretty sure you got a new one since I had that film on my phone too when I got it and I saw them open the box in the fido store myself.
I removed my screen protector as well.
Apr 20, 2015
76 posts
19 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Yup mine had the protector as well. Just left it on and threw a case on as well
Feb 11, 2015
112 posts
113 upvotes
Pisidan wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 3:59 pm
Yup mine had the protector as well. Just left it on and threw a case on as well
I thought it was a nice protector to have included with the phone itself but after I took it off and put on a glass screen protector it made a world of a difference and I got a pack of 2 screen protectors on Amazon for less than $10. Also screen protectors are so much easier to apply to the LG G6 than other phones since it has the flat screen.
Too good.
Koodo Customer
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2003
1162 posts
46 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks guys. In previous phones I bought, it was just a cheap plastic film. This time for the G6, it was actually a real protector so I got confused and thought I got a return.

Since a few of you got the same real protector on a new phone, I feel better now.

I will leave it on for now, but will change it to a tempered glass one after i come back from vacation.

Thanks everyone!!
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2003
1162 posts
46 upvotes
Vancouver
fubsabob wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 6:16 pm
I thought it was a nice protector to have included with the phone itself but after I took it off and put on a glass screen protector it made a world of a difference and I got a pack of 2 screen protectors on Amazon for less than $10. Also screen protectors are so much easier to apply to the LG G6 than other phones since it has the flat screen.
What was the world of difference? between the one that came with it and a glass one you put on?
Feb 11, 2015
112 posts
113 upvotes
Ryu69 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 7:24 pm
What was the world of difference? between the one that came with it and a glass one you put on?
The look and feel of the glass screen protector just feels much better. The glass screen protector is smoother, holds less fingerprints and seems more clear. Honestly it's not a rush to change the included screen protector since it is good quality but when you do change it you won't regret it.
Too good.
Koodo Customer
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2003
1162 posts
46 upvotes
Vancouver
fubsabob wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 7:56 pm
The look and feel of the glass screen protector just feels much better. The glass screen protector is smoother, holds less fingerprints and seems more clear. Honestly it's not a rush to change the included screen protector since it is good quality but when you do change it you won't regret it.
Thanks!!
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2003
1162 posts
46 upvotes
Vancouver
fubsabob wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 6:16 pm
Sorry. One more question. Besides the screen protector, was there a thin plastic you had to peel off the front and the back and the sides of the phone? Mine didn't. I see unboxing videos and one had all this they had to peel off. they are in the states though.

Thanks