• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2017 2:39 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3832 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
Can anyone recommend me a wireless charger for this phone? or is there none for the Canadian version?
BST meeting place:
Monday-Fri (9am-5pm): Queen Station or Eaton Centre
Monday-Thurs (after 5:30pm): Sheppard & Yonge
Saturday and Sunday: n/a
Aug 5, 2008
150 posts
91 upvotes
yesstyle wrote:
May 9th, 2017 11:43 am
Can anyone recommend me a wireless charger for this phone? or is there none for the Canadian version?
The Canadian version supports wireless charging, people have tested it out with other wireless chargers (i.e. Samsung).
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16309 posts
1074 upvotes
Woodbridge
yesstyle wrote:
May 9th, 2017 11:43 am
I guess it depends on your budget.

I like the design of the new Samsung with the stand but it's pricey at $89.99. I looked at kijiji but I heard they are fakes?
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3832 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
bembol wrote:
May 9th, 2017 10:13 pm
I guess it depends on your budget.

I like the design of the new Samsung with the stand but it's pricey at $89.99. I looked at kijiji but I heard they are fakes?
i was thinking brands like Aukey or Anker.
BST meeting place:
Monday-Fri (9am-5pm): Queen Station or Eaton Centre
Monday-Thurs (after 5:30pm): Sheppard & Yonge
Saturday and Sunday: n/a
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4883 posts
1725 upvotes
So just noticed my camera glass is cracked. Phone was not dropped. Anyone know how warranty works (I am assuming it's not covered). =(

UPDATE: Spoke with LG and it's going to cost $149.99 and 5-10 day TAT
May 17, 2017
1 posts
9394 wrote:
May 13th, 2017 7:44 pm
So just noticed my camera glass is cracked. Phone was not dropped. Anyone know how warranty works (I am assuming it's not covered). =(

oops, sad to hear that. I see some people has similar problems in youtube, looks like the quality of the rear camera glass is not strong enough.

How did that happen.. Is that after you took a long video? or using the flush for a long time? then made the camera glass too hot..?

Neutral FaceNeutral FaceNeutral Face
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4883 posts
1725 upvotes
JoeTheLine wrote:
May 18th, 2017 1:55 pm
oops, sad to hear that. I see some people has similar problems in youtube, looks like the quality of the rear camera glass is not strong enough.

How did that happen.. Is that after you took a long video? or using the flush for a long time? then made the camera glass too hot..?

Neutral FaceNeutral FaceNeutral Face
No extended use, just seemed to happen.

LG was kind enough to give me the place that they would be sending the phone to anyways and fixing just the camera glass is only $75.

http://www.futuretel.ca/
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
12441 posts
4035 upvotes
Oakville
9394 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 9:48 am
No extended use, just seemed to happen.

LG was kind enough to give me the place that they would be sending the phone to anyways and fixing just the camera glass is only $75.

http://www.futuretel.ca/
Be careful, Futuretel has a TERRIBLE reputation.

Edit: to be fair, a lot of that is for claiming stuff on warranty claims that isn't true (it was water damaged so not covered, etc). So hopefully you won't have any issues with that.
Public Mobile
Apr 20, 2015
85 posts
21 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
If I were you I would fight LG on the free replacement under warranty for the camera glass, apparently it's a common issue of it just cracking for no reason. On Twitter I number of ppl have complained about it happening to them
Sep 1, 2011
181 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
yesstyle wrote:
May 8th, 2017 2:48 pm
Anyone with a G6 coming from a G5? Opinions?

Also, i heard you can make your own gifs with the S8? Does the G6 have the same feature?
I have both G5 and G6. Going to give the G5 to my wife cause her Samsung Alpha is dying on her.

I would say the G5 has a better camera. Better battery life (especially you can replace it with a modular battery on the go). The speaker seems to be better and louder on the G5 than G6.

Performance wise, the apps seem to open and close faster on G6 than G5. G6 is better looking, more premium built and plus and waterproof and dust proof.

I came from Samsung Note 5 and S7 Edge, it caused me problems, system problem on S7 Edge, screen, backcover and battery problem on Note 5. Totally lost faith in Samsung, so I am not even going to upgrade back
to Samsung. Plus I got Nougat way way before my friend who has Samsung S7 . Happy with LG so far :-)
, Xperia Z1, Note 3, iPhone 5S, LG G3, iPhone 6, Samsung Alpha, Sony Xperia Z3 Compact, Galaxy 6, LG G Flex 2, S6, S7Edge, LG G5, LG G6
Mar 15, 2017
31 posts
27 upvotes
I will travel next week Europe and was considering to buy the LG G6 there. It will give me time to transfer, download updates also in the evening.

Is it a valid idea or are the unlocked versions there somewhat limited to my home Canadian Koodo network?
Jul 28, 2016
1 posts
9394 wrote:
May 13th, 2017 7:44 pm

That sucks. I was hoping the Canadian variant would not have this problem. I wonder how prevalent it is. I guess I should opt for the insurance through Telus.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4883 posts
1725 upvotes
zoglover wrote:
May 24th, 2017 6:34 pm
That sucks. I was hoping the Canadian variant would not have this problem. I wonder how prevalent it is. I guess I should opt for the insurance through Telus.
Ended up going through Futuretel and they are charging me $100 to fix the glass. I'll going to try using the insurance on my CC.