Cell Phones

Official LG G6 thread.

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2017 2:39 am
Tags:
Mar 15, 2017
139 posts
44 upvotes
I ordered the 64 GB H870DS right...in blue...
Anyone have any ideas if it even exists?
Hope they send me the G6+ or something
Nov 7, 2013
353 posts
75 upvotes
the 604
KnockingTheDoors wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 5:36 pm
I ordered the 64 GB H870DS right...in blue...
Anyone have any ideas if it even exists?
Hope they send me the G6+ or something
it does exist. LG released additional colours to the original G6 when they released the G6+

the blue looks pretty sexy, also considered that one
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1701 posts
264 upvotes
Milton, Ontario
Ordered yesterday afternoon, and today I got DHL tracking, looks like package is moving.
So not a tracking number generated but package gets shipped two weeks later like many Chinese businesses do.
Really impressed, less than 24hrs from order and it's on the way.
Mar 15, 2017
139 posts
44 upvotes
AMRadio wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 6:52 pm
it does exist. LG released additional colours to the original G6 when they released the G6+

the blue looks pretty sexy, also considered that one
But when they did that didn't they reduce the storage capacity to 32GB?
My package tracking shows it's "customs status updated" in CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA
Nov 7, 2013
353 posts
75 upvotes
the 604
KnockingTheDoors wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 9:19 pm
But when they did that didn't they reduce the storage capacity to 32GB?
My package tracking shows it's "customs status updated" in CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA
i think that colours now span the entire line-up? not sure, pretty sure i saw that on the Korean LG site.
Aug 20, 2009
167 posts
113 upvotes
im torn between the G6 for $419USD or the V20 at $345USD. Hmm...
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1701 posts
264 upvotes
Milton, Ontario
I have G6 only due to size difference.
When looking at them side by size its a big difference on real estate to hold.
Jun 13, 2012
49 posts
52 upvotes
Calgary
I was considering the V20 as well, but choose the G6 due to size too.
Nov 7, 2013
353 posts
75 upvotes
the 604
update

1. battery. left the phone in the car by accident last night. data, wifi, bt, gps, and always-on display OFF. i remember it had a 75% charge when i last checked at 6:30pm. got back to the car at noon. it was down to 50%. 25% charge loss, over about 18 hours, just doing nothing? NOT IMPRESSED. it's now about 2pm, and in the last two hours, i've read some emails and texts (with the screen at max, as i was outside), made one 30 second phone call, streamed Google Music for about 25 minutes, taken about half dozen new photos, had a 3 minute DUO call, installed one new app. phone is down to 36%! NOT IMPRESSED.

2. daylight visiblity = not awesome. indoors/under controlled lighting the screen is gorgeous. but step outside, say under the clear blue sky in downtown Vancouver today, with overhead sun, and the screen is barely readable. sure, ALL phones have this issue. but on the G6, the issue seems especially pronounced.

3. camera. apparently these are mid-range sensors, but you'd never know it. just like, don't zoom in on your photos and expect a lot of detail, you're liable to be disappointed. (coming from a 23MP Sony, yes, this is a bit of a let down.) but haven't tried manual mode or RAW yet though. wideangle = total win, however.

edit: the G6's manual camera mode = GENIUS. still having lots of fun with it, but i can Strongly Recommend. even the manual modes on the Sonys don't seem to be as intuitive or robust. if you like playing with photography, G6 = very strong choice. also, unlike Sony, when you go back into the camera app, it stays in the mode and settings you applied, instead of defaulting to Auto Mode.

4. front camera video calling = AWESOME. 5MP wide angle video comes out super clear on LTE, according to other parties; and (indoors, haha), the screen of course is brilliant.

5. performance. lag? none (on the H870DS, anyway). stutters? sometimes you might barely notice, when scrolling. for example, when i swipe left to open Google Now cards in Nova, or when scrolling through Google Music, but this could very well be app specific. otherwise buttery smooth.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2015
1560 posts
1045 upvotes
AMRadio wrote:
Jul 29th, 2017 4:54 pm
update

1. battery. left the phone in the car by accident last night. data, wifi, bt, gps, and always-on display OFF. i remember it had a 75% charge when i last checked at 6:30pm. got back to the car at noon. it was down to 50%. 25% charge loss, over about 18 hours, just doing nothing? NOT IMPRESSED. it's now about 2pm, and in the last two hours, i've read some emails and texts (with the screen at max, as i was outside), made one 30 second phone call, streamed Google Music for about 25 minutes, taken about half dozen new photos, had a 3 minute DUO call, installed one new app. phone is down to 36%! NOT IMPRESSED.

2. daylight visiblity = not awesome. indoors/under controlled lighting the screen is gorgeous. but step outside, say under the clear blue sky in downtown Vancouver today, with overhead sun, and the screen is barely readable. sure, ALL phones have this issue. but on the G6, the issue seems especially pronounced.

3. camera. apparently these are mid-range sensors, but you'd never know it. just like, don't zoom in on your photos and expect a lot of detail, you're liable to be disappointed. (coming from a 23MP Sony, yes, this is a bit of a let down.) but haven't tried manual mode or RAW yet though. wideangle = total win, however.

edit: the G6's manual camera mode = GENIUS. still having lots of fun with it, but i can Strongly Recommend. even the manual modes on the Sonys don't seem to be as intuitive or robust. if you like playing with photography, G6 = very strong choice. also, unlike Sony, when you go back into the camera app, it stays in the mode and settings you applied, instead of defaulting to Auto Mode.

4. front camera video calling = AWESOME. 5MP wide angle video comes out super clear on LTE, according to other parties; and (indoors, haha), the screen of course is brilliant.

5. performance. lag? none (on the H870DS, anyway). stutters? sometimes you might barely notice, when scrolling. for example, when i swipe left to open Google Now cards in Nova, or when scrolling through Google Music, but this could very well be app specific. otherwise buttery smooth.
about the screen, i might have a defective one but i find it looked very pale and dull compared to my G5
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
7459 posts
2882 upvotes
AMRadio wrote:
Jul 29th, 2017 4:54 pm
update

hmm, maybe they swapped the official battery with a crappy 3rd party battery, which is a tactic that a lot of Chinese vendors do. i'd suggest ordering an official battery from a really trusted vendor somewhere. if the charging is slow also then they may have swapped out the charger with a knock off one also.

thanks for the report!
Nov 7, 2013
353 posts
75 upvotes
the 604
ManCaveGamer wrote:
Jul 29th, 2017 11:16 pm
hmm, maybe they swapped the official battery with a crappy 3rd party battery, which is a tactic that a lot of chinese vendors to. i'd suggest ordering an official battery from a really trusted vendor somewhere. if the charging is slow also then they may have swapped out the charger with a knock off one also.

thanks for the report!
charger seems to be legit LG, like the whole package. all accessories came with serial numbers and QR codes, and the box is printed consistently with silver inks. Fast Charging works great.
Jun 22, 2009
239 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
Does it come with a North America charger?
Nov 7, 2013
353 posts
75 upvotes
the 604
update on battery life: go figure, after the brutal previous night, only dropped 2% overnight from 11pm to 8:30am ...
Nov 7, 2013
353 posts
75 upvotes
the 604
Desii wrote:
Jul 30th, 2017 11:45 pm
Does it come with a North America charger?
comes with standard charger, which you can use in North America and Asia