Official LG G6 thread.

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2017 2:39 am
Tags:
Jun 22, 2009
239 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
Placed my order! Which case did you guys go for? I want something clear that shows the phone - any recommendations?
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1701 posts
264 upvotes
Milton, Ontario
KnockingTheDoors wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 5:36 pm
I ordered the 64 GB H870DS right...in blue...
Anyone have any ideas if it even exists?
Hope they send me the G6+ or something
Did you get it ?
Mind posting a pic of front and back ?
Nov 7, 2013
353 posts
75 upvotes
the 604
Desii wrote:
Jul 31st, 2017 10:00 pm
Placed my order! Which case did you guys go for? I want something clear that shows the phone - any recommendations?
i have one of those clear generic thin TPU cases from eBay (seller in Toronto) for $4. even though it's "thin" by case standards, covers the keys, leaves the ports open and is tempered glass friendly, i won't use it. the phone is such a great piece of industrial design IMO, can't stand the idea of slathering a TPU case all over it.

right now, i'm going naked except for tempered glass and a form-fitting pouch; hoping something better comes along.
Jun 22, 2009
239 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
Placed my order Sunday night and it still shows that the order is processing. Is this normal or is the RFD effect kicking in
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
12247 posts
3899 upvotes
Oakville
AMRadio wrote:
Jul 31st, 2017 12:08 am
update on battery life: go figure, after the brutal previous night, only dropped 2% overnight from 11pm to 8:30am ...
Was it in your car that time as well? My initial thought was that maybe in the car it was hunting for signal more overnight, resulting in larger battery drain.
Public Mobile
Mar 15, 2017
139 posts
44 upvotes
I can send pictures of my blue one but it's the same as the LG G6+ in some Korean YouTube videos.
One question for anyone who has the same 870DS model...does it show 4G instead of LTE?
Nov 7, 2013
353 posts
75 upvotes
the 604
wearysky wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 8:50 am
Was it in your car that time as well? My initial thought was that maybe in the car it was hunting for signal more overnight, resulting in larger battery drain.
yup, actually left it in the trunk, and then parked underground. last night it drained about 5%, with WiFi on.
KnockingTheDoors wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 12:35 pm
One question for anyone who has the same 870DS model...does it show 4G instead of LTE?
4G+

cos it's the HK/Taiwan version. same thing tho.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1701 posts
264 upvotes
Milton, Ontario
KnockingTheDoors wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 12:35 pm
I can send pictures of my blue one but it's the same as the LG G6+ in some Korean YouTube videos.
Thanks, googling pics of blue one shows different blue in different markets I guess.
Is it blue on back, silver on side, and black on front ?
Mar 15, 2017
139 posts
44 upvotes
toyopl wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 2:19 pm
Thanks, googling pics of blue one shows different blue in different markets I guess.
Is it blue on back, silver on side, and black on front ?
I currently don't have a device to take a picture of it now...but same exact one:

blue on the back, bluish tint on the silver and black on the front yes.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2292 posts
442 upvotes
AMRadio wrote:
Jul 24th, 2017 11:14 pm
G6 arrived on Friday in great condition. original packaging, fast charger, usb cable, sim eject tool, microfibre cloth, earbuds, manual in Chinese, screen protector film already applied. box came in two layers of bubble wrap. manufactured in Korea, 04/2017. has two IMEI due to it being Dual Sim, and the sticker on the back says "HiFi 32bit DAC" aka Quad DAC. phone came with 50% charge.

heads up: seen some reviewers with a white (European?) model show that has a grey aluminum frame; but the Asian definitely has the champagne frame. i think it's pretty sexy, though it was unexpected.

LG is pretty bad, though not The Worst. they typically don't do incremental Android updates. so if a phone is released at 7.0 it's next big update will be 8.0. (btw: Android O is definitely on the horizon for the G6.) keep in mind one thing re: this particular model. Dual Sim are bottom of the chain when it comes to updates and development. last security update for the H870DS was from April, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of action for this version on XDA.

got here from HK in less than two days! these guys are serious shippers (but via DHL -- so your YMMV totally).

[removed]
I assume you bought the black one with the temped glass screen protector? So does it mean people in eglobalcentral open the box and apply the protector before shipment?
Nov 7, 2013
353 posts
75 upvotes
the 604
white.

if you check other reviews, G6 comes with a film screen protector applied by LG.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2292 posts
442 upvotes
AMRadio wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 6:23 pm
white.

if you check other reviews, G6 comes with a film screen protector applied by LG.
Got it! Thanks!
Jun 13, 2012
49 posts
52 upvotes
Calgary
Arrived today, really good packaging. 2 day delivery, no customs charge. White G6, bought for $526 CAD
Mar 15, 2017
139 posts
44 upvotes
If you get the tempered one with it, it's in a seperate package. Really nice quality glass, I like the smoothness of it rather than the one that came installed.
Only thing about the phone so far is it gets a lot warmer than my 6s.