Official LG G6 thread.

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2017 2:39 am
Tags:
Jun 22, 2009
247 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
Since its dual sim can I have a data only sim in one slot and a talk/text sim in another and have them work simutaneously?
Dec 10, 2003
155 posts
51 upvotes
Can anyone confirm this white asian model comes with gold trim? I love it in gold.
Mar 15, 2017
176 posts
54 upvotes
Desii wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 2:28 pm
Since its dual sim can I have a data only sim in one slot and a talk/text sim in another and have them work simutaneously?
I mean you already asked this in your 'Hot Deals' thread and it's been confirmed numerous times
Jun 22, 2009
247 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
KnockingTheDoors wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 2:39 pm
I mean you already asked this in your 'Hot Deals' thread and it's been confirmed numerous times
Hey man nobody replied and I figured this would be a better place to ask since many people here already have the phone so I don't really understand your need of pointing it out.

Thanks for letting me know that it would work though!
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27709 posts
773 upvotes
Dildo, NL
93civicin604 wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 2:37 pm
Can anyone confirm this white asian model comes with gold trim? I love it in gold.
are we talking about phones, or mail order brides????
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Yota Mafia]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...
Mar 15, 2017
176 posts
54 upvotes
Desii wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 2:56 pm
Hey man nobody replied and I figured this would be a better place to ask since many people here already have the phone so I don't really understand your need of pointing it out.

Thanks for letting me know that it would work though!
My bad if it came out a bit harsh haha sorry!
Nov 5, 2009
647 posts
36 upvotes
I know this is a 6 thread but I'm going to ask anyway. Maybe those who moved up from 5 might know the answer. I googled and still not fixed.

Is there a way where I can just tap a button instead of playing the annoying "swipe button to answer" a phone call? From withing the LG G5 settings, not with an app.

I know I can bring up the phone to my ear and answer the call without touching a button but I still want to be able to do a simple thing in a simple way.

Thanks.
Nov 7, 2013
367 posts
83 upvotes
the 604
93civicin604 wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 2:37 pm
white with champagne, doesn't have the yellow of gold.
Dec 10, 2003
155 posts
51 upvotes
Thanks. Do you have a picture of it? I saw the product photo from LG, looks dam sexy.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1772 posts
272 upvotes
Milton, Ontario
9394 wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 10:19 am
I can't seem to find that option...using a Fido G6.
I also have a Fido G6
Settings>Network>Call>General
Oct 17, 2007
856 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
very tempted to pull the trigger on the eglobal deal..however with v30 around the corner..slim chance but just wondering if anyone happens to remember the approx price drop of the g5 when v20 came out...
Nov 7, 2013
367 posts
83 upvotes
the 604
93civicin604 wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 5:32 pm
Thanks. Do you have a picture of it? I saw the product photo from LG, looks dam sexy.
see what i can do, but i gotta warm up my old phone first! also, my G6 is in a MNML case right now, so it doesn't really show the colours of the metal.
kit25 wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 10:21 pm
very tempted to pull the trigger on the eglobal deal..however with v30 around the corner..slim chance but just wondering if anyone happens to remember the approx price drop of the g5 when v20 came out...
IMO, the G6 via eGlobal has gotta be rock bottom, or close to it. even when never-msrp had that crazy sale and sold hundreds, they didn't couldn't match eGlobal's pricing w/ shipping. LG's not happy with the G6's sales, but i doubt they could discount their "mainstream" flagship even further

edit: side note -- got my CC bill with the eGlobal order listed. paid $529.73 CAD total, after exchange. insane price for 2017 flagship with QuadDAC and 64GB, esp when Koodo (my provider) is selling it for $904 outright, with no Hifi and half the storage, and not even the colour i want. booooooo Kooooodo.
Mar 15, 2017
176 posts
54 upvotes
AMRadio wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 10:57 pm
see what i can do, but i gotta warm up my old phone first! also, my G6 is in a MNML case right now, so it doesn't really show the colours of the metal.

IMO, the G6 via eGlobal has gotta be rock bottom, or close to it. even when never-msrp had that crazy sale and sold hundreds, they didn't couldn't match eGlobal's pricing w/ shipping. LG's not happy with the G6's sales, but i doubt they could discount their "mainstream" flagship even further

edit: side note -- got my CC bill with the eGlobal order listed. paid $529.73 CAD total, after exchange. insane price for 2017 flagship with QuadDAC and 64GB, esp when Koodo (my provider) is selling it for $904 outright, with no Hifi and half the storage, and not even the colour i want. booooooo Kooooodo.
Is there any wiggle for the charging port/cable?
Mine has a bit of wiggle to it with the original cable, don't have another USB C to test with ATM
Nov 7, 2013
367 posts
83 upvotes
the 604
KnockingTheDoors wrote:
Aug 6th, 2017 8:31 pm
Is there any wiggle for the charging port/cable?
Mine has a bit of wiggle to it with the original cable, don't have another USB C to test with ATM
nope, solid. no wiggle. but that's not too uncommon right? key thing is that your phone can still charge etc.

and hey, there's a new update available tonight! will update later
Mar 15, 2017
176 posts
54 upvotes
AMRadio wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 12:58 am
nope, solid. no wiggle. but that's not too uncommon right? key thing is that your phone can still charge etc.

and hey, there's a new update available tonight! will update later
Man...I took it out to the beach yesterday for Celebration of Lights last night.
Was charging with my battery bank, maybe port or cable got damaged...
Sigh