• Mar 1st, 2018 6:53 pm
Tags:
Nov 7, 2013
430 posts
99 upvotes
the 604
KnockingTheDoors wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 1:54 am
Man...I took it out to the beach yesterday for Celebration of Lights last night.
Was charging with my battery bank, maybe port or cable got damaged...
Sigh
definitely check the cable. had a similar situation with my Sammy tablet, was worried i wrecked the port, but a $2 USB cable from YokoYaya saved the day
Mar 15, 2017
298 posts
84 upvotes
AMRadio wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 3:32 pm
definitely check the cable. had a similar situation with my Sammy tablet, was worried i wrecked the port, but a $2 USB cable from YokoYaya saved the day
My laptop has a USB C port as well, cable is loose there as well I'm sure it's the cable..
Thanks for some assurance though hah!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
5175 posts
1992 upvotes
Received notification on an update. Version: V10e-July-25-2017 (29mb)

"Phone usability and functionality have been further improved"
Mar 15, 2017
298 posts
84 upvotes
I'll create a H870DS thread for OTAs, etc. so we don't confuse others with the Canadian variant
Nov 25, 2006
2 posts
I got this phone delivered yesterday but I'm getting really bad 4g signal strength. I'm on Koodo in Edmonton and get 1-2 bars and based on lte discover I'm usually around -115 dbm. Can get 30mbps download speed on speedtest.

Had anyone had similar issues or have ideas on what i could try?
Dec 28, 2015
53 posts
6 upvotes
Calgary
jlemko wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 5:13 pm
I got this phone delivered yesterday but I'm getting really bad 4g signal strength. I'm on Koodo in Edmonton and get 1-2 bars and based on lte discover I'm usually around -115 dbm. Can get 30mbps download speed on speedtest.

Had anyone had similar issues or have ideas on what i could try?
Are you new to Koodo? If not which phone (s) you use before?
Nov 4, 2003
563 posts
45 upvotes
Fyi, for anyone that got the koodo g6 from wow mobile, there's an update to the December 2017 security update. I got it via lg bridge on the PC. Tapping the update button on the phone didn't prompt me for the update. It was released Jan 22 2018. I'm on the latest update for 4 hours so far the standby drain seems to be fixed. That was my biggest pet peeve on the phone with this random standby drain even though I wasn't using the phone. Hopefully the Oreo update will be coming in Q1 though I doubt it.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
2359 posts
428 upvotes
Blue7thGen wrote:
Jan 24th, 2018 3:06 pm
Fyi, for anyone that got the koodo g6 from wow mobile, there's an update to the December 2017 security update. I got it via lg bridge on the PC. Tapping the update button on the phone didn't prompt me for the update. It was released Jan 22 2018. I'm on the latest update for 4 hours so far the standby drain seems to be fixed. That was my biggest pet peeve on the phone with this random standby drain even though I wasn't using the phone. Hopefully the Oreo update will be coming in Q1 though I doubt it.
I never had the battery drain issue but just started yesterday. Really disappointed.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
2359 posts
428 upvotes
Just got the update via autodownload. Spent the whole day downloading and crashed at 21%. Don't bother.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2013
4709 posts
986 upvotes
Riyadh, Kingdom of S…
what is this update for?
VirginMobile $40 4gb LG G6
Freedom 2x $45 10gb S9 Plus & iPhone 8

Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2006
1214 posts
308 upvotes
Winnipeg
Blue7thGen wrote:
Jan 24th, 2018 3:06 pm
Thanks for this. Also got the update via the LG Bridge software as downloading it via wifi was futile as it was crawling to say the least.
Lorenzo
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
12199 posts
4631 upvotes
Guys I recommend you install the new update for the G6 that came out today. It looks like it has fixed the idle battery drain issue from the previous version. Still no Oreo but that's ok, so long as the current Nougat build works well. It looks like the Oreo update has been delayed indefinitely, perhaps due to the Spectre issue.
I am a Public Mobile, Zoomer, and Koodo customer.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2006
1214 posts
308 upvotes
Winnipeg
SickBeast wrote:
Jan 25th, 2018 10:07 am
Guys I recommend you install the new update for the G6 that came out today. It looks like it has fixed the idle battery drain issue from the previous version. Still no Oreo but that's ok, so long as the current Nougat build works well. It looks like the Oreo update has been delayed indefinitely, perhaps due to the Spectre issue.
I concur that the idle battery drain seems to be fixed.
Lorenzo
Nov 14, 2010
60 posts
19 upvotes
Edmonton
Mine took forever to download yesterday too. Just installed it. Hopefully the Oreo update comes soon.