Tags:
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2947 posts
521 upvotes
Home
wearysky wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2017 10:57 am
That's a pretty solid deal then, provided they don't have any sneaky fine print on the voucher that says they'll claw it back if you don't stay with them for X amount of months. I'm seeing locked Q10s going for $100 on Kijiji, unlocked for $130 right now.
Yeah, that's the thing I want to figure out. Trade-in is not a gift or any 'free' offer, it's more like selling my property, so I would think it is a permanent credit applied.
BTW in GTA kijiji I can see at least two Q10s - $50 and $80.
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
11220 posts
3326 upvotes
Oakville
terry0703 wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2017 11:16 am
Yeah, that's the thing I want to figure out. Trade-in is not a gift or any 'free' offer, it's more like selling my property, so I would think it is a permanent credit applied.
BTW in GTA kijiji I can see at least two Q10s - $50 and $80.
Yeah, that's what one would hope. But you never know if they're going to consider some amount above and beyond the regular trade-in value to be a "bonus gift credit" or something. Rogers loves being shady like that.
Public Mobile
Koodo
Oct 29, 2016
119 posts
25 upvotes
Not sure if anyone would be interested in this, but thought I would share.
Tonight I'm working at the Canadian launch party for the G6.
I'll be demonstrating the features of the phone to guests and sharing the event on social media.
They're giving me a unit to use all night so I'll be making lots of snapchat stories.
Add me if you're interested, snapchat username bengigan
Aug 15, 2012
339 posts
77 upvotes
Mississauga
Is it true that the G6 is using the same screen as the G5? Hopefully it doesn't have the same screen burn-in issues either. If it does end up with the same problems, then it's clear LG has serious quality checking problems. No wonder the 5X, G4 and V10 are known for bootlooping.
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
11220 posts
3326 upvotes
Oakville
sk2003 wrote:
Apr 5th, 2017 4:32 pm
Is it true that the G6 is using the same screen as the G5? Hopefully it doesn't have the same screen burn-in issues either. If it does end up with the same problems, then it's clear LG has serious quality checking problems. No wonder the 5X, G4 and V10 are known for bootlooping.
Well, it's got a different aspect ratio so it's not *exactly* the same screen, at any rate. :)
Public Mobile
Koodo
Aug 15, 2012
339 posts
77 upvotes
Mississauga
wearysky wrote:
Apr 5th, 2017 4:41 pm
Well, it's got a different aspect ratio so it's not *exactly* the same screen, at any rate. :)
Meh, according to this thread

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/commen ... ion_award/

A user mentions the G5's screen burn-in issues (a lot of people have been reporting ghosting on the screen since April 2016 and earlier) and LG's lack of quality control, and I'm speculating that since the G5 and G6's screens are very similar, the G6 may suffer from the same screen issues. I don't trust LG; too many of their phones have been involved in lawsuits. I say this as a person who owns an LG phone that was involved in a class action lawsuit back in 2013. We'll see in a couple of months if the G6 gets the ghosting issue or not. Hopefully not, but knowing LG...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4485 posts
1285 upvotes
bengigan wrote:
Apr 5th, 2017 3:49 pm
Not sure if anyone would be interested in this, but thought I would share.
Tonight I'm working at the Canadian launch party for the G6.
I'll be demonstrating the features of the phone to guests and sharing the event on social media.
They're giving me a unit to use all night so I'll be making lots of snapchat stories.
Add me if you're interested, snapchat username bengigan
How's the camera (compared to the G5)?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15914 posts
949 upvotes
Woodbridge
Apple, LG, moto, hTc, Samsung, etc.

They all have their flaws. Each device I had to either return or exchange. Sometimes it's just luck.

The beauty of my addiction...situation is by the time Apple iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy Note 8 comes out my G6 will be sold.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Oct 29, 2016
119 posts
25 upvotes
9394 wrote:
Apr 6th, 2017 10:25 am
How's the camera (compared to the G5)?
The camera is ridiculous, that was the main thing I was demonstrating for guests.
There's actually two rear camera's plus the front facing camera.
It's filled with features that a lot of people weren't used, like manual mode. This allows you to adjust things like white balance and shutter speed
There's also wide angle lens mode like in the G5
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2947 posts
521 upvotes
Home
bengigan wrote:
Apr 6th, 2017 12:10 pm
The camera is ridiculous, that was the main thing I was demonstrating for guests.
There's actually two rear camera's plus the front facing camera.
It's filled with features that a lot of people weren't used, like manual mode. This allows you to adjust things like white balance and shutter speed
There's also wide angle lens mode like in the G5
I think all those features are also in G5, and 9394 wants to know what are the differences..he asked 'compared to the G5', and he is probably asking about image quality and performance.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1623 posts
238 upvotes
Milton, Ontario
I see some mention about no DAC on G6.
What does that mean in terms of using and difference in sound ?
Is it noticeable, is it a gimmick, can you pick up a difference in headphones ?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15914 posts
949 upvotes
Woodbridge
I don't mind losing it for Wireless Charging.

Besides it only works using the 3.5mm jack right, I rarely use it with Bluetooth. Yes, even before Apple started this whole courage nonsense.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1623 posts
238 upvotes
Milton, Ontario
bembol wrote:
Apr 6th, 2017 10:09 pm
I don't mind losing it for Wireless Charging.

Besides it only works using the 3.5mm jack right, I rarely use it with Bluetooth. Yes, even before Apple started this whole courage nonsense.
You mean DAC only works over headphone jack ? Then it's useless to me since I only use Bluetooth headphones.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
6837 posts
1059 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
toyopl wrote:
Apr 6th, 2017 8:43 pm
I see some mention about no DAC on G6.
What does that mean in terms of using and difference in sound ?
Is it noticeable, is it a gimmick, can you pick up a difference in headphones ?
Same DAC in the G6 Korean version as in the V20
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel