Tags:
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2973 posts
529 upvotes
Home
toyopl wrote:
Apr 6th, 2017 11:34 pm
You mean DAC only works over headphone jack ? Then it's useless to me since I only use Bluetooth headphones.
Yes the HiFi DAC activates only when wired devicr is connected via the headphone jack.
Apr 20, 2011
82 posts
30 upvotes
Montreal
Couldn't find the info anywhere:
Does the Canadian LG G6 has FM radio disabled?
Some carriers in the US have decided to leave it (finally!)
I hope Rogers, Bell, Telus will do the same this time around.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
1507 posts
198 upvotes
Is the Korean version better than the na edition?
Deal Addict
May 23, 2003
2041 posts
119 upvotes
No... pretty much the same but they get
audio DAC / No wireless charging

we get
wireless charging / No audio DAC
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
1507 posts
198 upvotes
Thanks! Did you get the information from a phone comparison site? What is dac?
Feb 11, 2015
118 posts
130 upvotes
alexvtr wrote:
Apr 7th, 2017 4:49 pm
Couldn't find the info anywhere:
Does the Canadian LG G6 has FM radio disabled?
Some carriers in the US have decided to leave it (finally!)
I hope Rogers, Bell, Telus will do the same this time around.
I have a fido LG G6 and the FM radio is there but tucked away in a folder. So I would assume that both Rogers and Fido's LG G6's have the FM radio enable for sure. Maybe check out display models in store for Bell and Telus to see if they have the FM radio function.
Zoomer: $36 for 2gb data, 400 Canada-wide minutes, and a free phone?
$26 6gb data, unlimited Canada-wide minutes?
Too good.
Koodo Customer
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2006
1166 posts
290 upvotes
Winnipeg
fubsabob wrote:
Apr 8th, 2017 9:13 pm
I have a fido LG G6 and the FM radio is there but tucked away in a folder. So I would assume that both Rogers and Fido's LG G6's have the FM radio enable for sure. Maybe check out display models in store for Bell and Telus to see if they have the FM radio function.
Awesome information. Thanks given!
Lorenzo
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1815 posts
279 upvotes
Milton, Ontario
Can't find how to enable app drawer :(
Aug 15, 2012
339 posts
79 upvotes
Mississauga
My relative's reporting issues with LTE on Fido with the G6. She only gets 2-3 bars on any given day and she lives in downtown Mississauga (very close to Square One). She went to Fido and the rep told her that their LTE network is quite unstable. Don't know if that's true or not. He gave her a new sim card and switched her to 4G. She gets 4-5 bars on 4G but awful performance on LTE (-110 dbm). She had the GSM / HSPA / LTE auto option selected, and I think she switched her network provider in the mobile network options as well. Will have to check.

My phone doesn't support LTE in Canada, only 4G and I don't have another phone with the Canadian LTE bands, so I can't test LTE signal strength myself.
Apr 20, 2015
85 posts
21 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Got the G6 yesterday and replaced my G4. I was iffy about getting it because of my problems with the g4. I have to say though battery life is amazing and it fits nicely in the hand for a 5.7 inch. I'm really enjoying it so far!
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10479 posts
3795 upvotes
toyopl wrote:
Apr 9th, 2017 9:45 pm
Can't find how to enable app drawer :(
Install Nova Launcher and don't look back. It gets rid of at least half of the LG bloat and it's way nicer.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
1507 posts
198 upvotes
How's the wifi strength oh this phone? I'm travelling with someone who uses an galaxy s5 and he'd always be able to connect to hotspots that I'm unable to.