Computers & Electronics

Official Moonbox user thread: 4K Quad Core Moonbox M4S (Moonbox PRO) is HERE!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2021 4:43 am
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2001
1864 posts
838 upvotes
Oakville
Lexusisf wrote: it's possible OP gets a share from the groupbuy which is why he / she is afraid sales will go down if we speak the truth
actng's cost is anywhere from $145-160 based on Moonbox.hk's distributor cost. Selling at $210 nets him $50 to $65 per unit. As far as I know this is against RFD policy and would require him to be a paid sponsor.
Banned
Aug 9, 2014
1239 posts
400 upvotes
Kursor17 wrote: actng's cost is anywhere from $145-160 based on Moonbox.hk's distributor cost. Selling at $210 nets him $50 to $65 per unit. As far as I know this is against RFD policy and would require him to be a paid sponsor.
There's no way to prove that's the price he gets it at .

Also , the justification will be "it's still cheaper than retail"
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2005
1425 posts
182 upvotes
Is there a way to get the Moonbox app online without buying the hardware?
Banned
Aug 9, 2014
1239 posts
400 upvotes
a_1_a wrote: Is there a way to get the Moonbox app online without buying the hardware?
Moonbox is a hardware, similar to tvpad
Nov 12, 2003
107 posts
Toronto
anyone able to put in ballstreams in Moonbox's XBMC?
both audio / video stutters
Oct 28, 2014
2 posts
Toronto, ON
Recently I bought a Moonbox with Android 4.0.2. I tried to install XBMC (version 13.2 Gotham), but all the movies have only audio signals without video(no images) except youtube which I can watch normally. Do I need Android 4.4 in order to have a normal performance É
Oct 19, 2014
18 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kennyken wrote: anyone able to put in ballstreams in Moonbox's XBMC?
both audio / video stutters
like i said on my previous post. it is the limitation of the hardware. it is fine on my amazon fire.

i even loaded up the android app on it but it just wont play the video.

there might be some work around it, but i didn't bother since my dad doesn't watch nba and i was just curious if it works or not.
Oct 19, 2014
18 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Lexusisf wrote: There's no way to prove that's the price he gets it at .

Also , the justification will be "it's still cheaper than retail"
there is no way to know the price he gets it for, but i know i got mine for 180 in chinatown. i assume they're not selling at cost.
Oct 19, 2014
18 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
actng wrote: Actually, Moonbox 3+ is exclusive to me only. No other Moonbox comes with Ray of HD, for now.
All Moonbox 3s will soon have access to Ray of HD. As soon as I get the green light, I will help upgrade all previous group buyers.

And to be clear, what you "need" is not a 3+, you need your MAC address to be added to the whitelist of the Ray of HD server and not all boxes have been whitelisted yet.
it is fine that you want to sell your box, but please stop giving out misinformation to the clueless people. i was biting my tongue to try and not ruin one's business, but you continue to preach misinformation about exclusivity which is blatantly a lie.

Ray of HD is just an app you can download yourself via search through the app garden by typing 1111hk. there is no such thing as whitelist MAC address for it. if you got the moonbox you will be able to get it and watch it when the server is up and running. simple as that.

I can't believed you say it is exclusive to you only. they made the app just for you to try or something? who are you to them?

If that is the case then how do other people watch it? i myself can watch it. it is just not online all the time, assuming the app is not ready for prime time like the other ones.

i can save you the trouble with "helping" others to upgrade. Just follow my instruction on top and you will all get it.

there is no need to hide an app just to seem more exclusive. if you are not willing to help that is fine, no one is forcing you to, but if you just want to make a sale by spreading misinformation then that is some shady *****.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17118 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
I will restate the facts once again. Please don't spread misinformation or insult anyone.

The Moonbox 3+ is exclusive to me only. Only boxes I get come with the new app for now. This will eventually change where all resellers have new app. But until then this is true.

To install the new app, the box must be whitelisted. If you can install the new app, it means your box has been whitelisted by Moonbox. But this isn't necessarily the case with all of the boxes. As the boxes become whitelisted, your reseller will provide information to you on how to upgrade if you request it. I've been instructed not to share the method of upgrading on open forum.

There is a lot more happening behind the scenes than the general public knows. I share what I can with what little I know.
Apr 8, 2009
315 posts
70 upvotes
weapon007 wrote: there is no way to know the price he gets it for, but i know i got mine for 180 in chinatown. i assume they're not selling at cost.

where? store location, pm me.
the stores in pacific mall sells for lot more.

thanks in advance
Oct 19, 2014
18 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
al_the_great wrote: where? store location, pm me.
the stores in pacific mall sells for lot more.

thanks in advance
i live in nyc. i assume pacific mall is not in nyc
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17118 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
Alright RAPTORS are back! Who's watching on their Moonbox?

Banned
Aug 9, 2014
1239 posts
400 upvotes
weapon007 wrote: there is no way to know the price he gets it for, but i know i got mine for 180 in chinatown. i assume they're not selling at cost.
usd or cad?
May 15, 2013
5 posts
Woodbridge
Can I use the Moon Box 3+ to browse my local network and play rmvb format movie in my WDCloud?
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17118 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
chum28 wrote: Can I use the Moon Box 3+ to browse my local network and play rmvb format movie in my WDCloud?
yup... either out of the box with the standard player... or via a video playing app you download from google playstore... or in xbmc...
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
1756 posts
385 upvotes
Anyone in Toronto has problem with the "love" live app? All those love apps are not playing. I 7 destiny they said they got attack by T company. But i think over the past week, I have not been able to use those apps during prime time dinner hours. I tried early morning and it works, but I have jobs and the morning hours won't benefit me...
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17118 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
softech wrote: Anyone in Toronto has problem with the "love" live app? All those love apps are not playing. I 7 destiny they said they got attack by T company. But i think over the past week, I have not been able to use those apps during prime time dinner hours. I tried early morning and it works, but I have jobs and the morning hours won't benefit me...
you have moonbox 3+ right?
sometimes this helps... run the clean up app when your streams/apps are not working. it should be right next to your red app.
then try again, it works on a number of occasions based on reports from other users reporting the same problem.
email me if you can't find the clean up app.
Nov 14, 2005
161 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
actng wrote: you have moonbox 3+ right?
sometimes this helps... run the clean up app when your streams/apps are not working. it should be right next to your red app.
then try again, it works on a number of occasions based on reports from other users reporting the same problem.
email me if you can't find the clean up app.
all my apps do not work right now either
it wont' even fetch the list.
Jun 14, 2005
975 posts
37 upvotes
Hey guys,

Mysteriously lost the Tv apps Garden app on my moonbox. May be someone else in the family deleted it by accident ugh.. Anyone know how I can get this reinstalled onto my moonbox?

Thanks!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)