Computers & Electronics

Official Moonbox user thread: 4K Quad Core Moonbox M4S (Moonbox PRO) is HERE!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2017 2:17 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2007
1094 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto
rsxonly wrote:
Jan 21st, 2017 1:32 pm
is the hkworld and cloudvod working for people on the black m3 moonbox? mine is stuck in loading screen.
same stuck at loading screen
Jan 17, 2013
23 posts
Can anyone help me to solve the 404 error for the ilive plus?
Jan 19, 2017
35 posts
4 upvotes
ppc0311 wrote:
Jan 21st, 2017 3:05 pm
Can anyone help me to solve the 404 error for the ilive plus?
You're best bet is to uninstall and then install it again
Jan 19, 2017
35 posts
4 upvotes
edzzz66 wrote:
Jan 21st, 2017 12:31 pm
The iplayback and the cloud vod not loading today. however ilive plus is working fine. anyone else?
iplayback - this app should be close to dead. My parents are using black M3 and it was barely living last night. I switched them to cloudvod and the viewing improved by a great deal

Cloudvod - did you install new cloudvod?
Jan 19, 2017
35 posts
4 upvotes
Here is a new issue that is not app related.

I received my Pro about 2 weeks ago. No issues and then in these past couple of days, after turning the box on, that square/cursor one uses to select apps, does not appear. I changed it to the arrow but you can't select apps with it. I either need to wait a long time or reboot 5-10 times before the square comes back so I can select channels. Anyone encounter this before and perhaps know the fix? Thanks
Jan 17, 2013
23 posts
Thanks WuWUWU1 for the quick response. I tried it still has 404 error..any other ideas? Thanks
Nov 2, 2015
47 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Wuwuwu1 wrote:
Jan 21st, 2017 3:20 pm
iplayback - this app should be close to dead. My parents are using black M3 and it was barely living last night. I switched them to cloudvod and the viewing improved by a great deal

Cloudvod - did you install new cloudvod?
Yes, new cloud vod version 12/25. Both iplayback and cloud vod were working last night but both struck on loading screen today. wondering is because they are working on the server ?
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2006
13966 posts
180 upvotes
Is this the picture you guys get when you try to load hkworld?

Your text to link here...
2013 Contest Win Wishlist
  • Leafs Tickets / iPad / E-Reader / 46" HDTV / PS3 Gaming System / Cash / Guitar / Keurig
Jan 20, 2017
4 posts
Wondering if somebody can help me out here..
I purchased the moonbox a few weeks ago and all the apps no longer work so I reset the whole system.
I realised that the "gather store" is where I need to download the chinese and HK apps since TV Apps Garden is no longer there. The problem is, when I open the gather store, it instantly closes and does the same thing again when I open it again.

Does anyone have any ideas of how I can get in gather store or TV apps garden to download apps?

Thanks.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2004
2915 posts
214 upvotes
Does anyone know how to factory reset a Moonbox Pro? Is it the same instructions as for the M3S?

Make sure the box is off.
Press down the update button only and turn on the box.
Keep holding down the update button until you see the moonbox logo show up on the screen then release the update button.
After about 10-20 seconds you will get to the the system recovery page similar to this:
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
1131 posts
77 upvotes
owner of the M3 since October 2014. All of the app (iLive, HK World, iPlay back, cherry live) are now pretty much dead. Over the two years of ownership, the first year was full of frustration. there was always something not working either here or there. When they finally got things on track, got to enjoy for about a year; and now they shut it down to force u to buy a new one. What a pity. Can't complain for $150 over two years I guess. 2 months of Rogers would have costed the same. (But for $150, one could have gotten almost 2 years of Netflix too)

Anyhoo, rant aside, what's the best new box out there currently for hk material? Not sure if I want to give the moonbox folks another chance
Jul 6, 2016
14 posts
Wuwuwu1 wrote:
Jan 21st, 2017 3:25 pm
Here is a new issue that is not app related.

I received my Pro about 2 weeks ago. No issues and then in these past couple of days, after turning the box on, that square/cursor one uses to select apps, does not appear. I changed it to the arrow but you can't select apps with it. I either need to wait a long time or reboot 5-10 times before the square comes back so I can select channels. Anyone encounter this before and perhaps know the fix? Thanks
I have the same issue....even after rebooting many times still same problem....anyone can help to fix the problem.
Jul 6, 2016
14 posts
Homer88 wrote:
Jan 21st, 2017 7:09 pm
Does anyone know how to factory reset a Moonbox Pro? Is it the same instructions as for the M3S?

Make sure the box is off.
Press down the update button only and turn on the box.
Keep holding down the update button until you see the moonbox logo show up on the screen then release the update button.
After about 10-20 seconds you will get to the the system recovery page similar to this:
which one is the update button?
Jan 19, 2017
35 posts
4 upvotes
manho wrote:
Jan 21st, 2017 7:55 pm
owner of the M3 since October 2014. All of the app (iLive, HK World, iPlay back, cherry live) are now pretty much dead. Over the two years of ownership, the first year was full of frustration. there was always something not working either here or there. When they finally got things on track, got to enjoy for about a year; and now they shut it down to force u to buy a new one. What a pity. Can't complain for $150 over two years I guess. 2 months of Rogers would have costed the same. (But for $150, one could have gotten almost 2 years of Netflix too)

Anyhoo, rant aside, what's the best new box out there currently for hk material? Not sure if I want to give the moonbox folks another chance
So in addition to 2 moonboxes (bedroom - m3 and living room - pro) , my parents have a htv in a rec room. A lot of Canto content and I never hear any complaints. Maybe I should have went to another htv instead of going into the pro. As much as I do enjoy the moonbox, "if it ain't one thing, it's the muthaf........ nother" (to quote snoop).

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)