Computers & Electronics

Official Moonbox user thread: 4K Quad Core Moonbox M4S (Moonbox PRO) is HERE!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2017 6:52 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 22, 2016
455 posts
70 upvotes
Shu wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 11:55 pm
Which channels on htv? I haven't noticed issues with htv...
I have htv2, would you mind checking if the korean and japanese channels in 粤回味are working? 韩剧台& 日剧台, on my htv2 thse channels won't open.
Last edited by User713487 on Mar 19th, 2017 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1529 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
User713487 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 11:57 pm
LOL, which one are you referring to? Quite a few of these iptv services had taken the cash then disappeared. I t is like gambling, isn't it? My worst nightmare was with maige, us$350 for less than 3 months of usage.
Maige... heard it was a paid service, never saw it Toronto....had no clue it was so expensive for the maige box
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1529 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
User713487 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 12:00 am
I have htv2, would you mind checking if the korean and japanese channels in 粤回味are working? 韩剧台& 日剧台, on my htv2 thse channels won't open.
Those channels loaded properly but the recordings were of an error message about no video source or something.....sorry not very good at reading chinese
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data
Aug 22, 2016
455 posts
70 upvotes
Shu wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 12:10 am
Those channels loaded properly but the recordings were of an error message about no video source or something.....sorry not very good at reading chinese
Those channels had been off for almost aweek now, and nobody knows how to contact their customer service. Thank you for checking it out for me.

Besides maige, i also got burnt by another iptv service called yuehai, the cost was about us$80 per year, started off with more than 200 channels, but by the 4th month, number of channels went down to 80, not long after that, the whooe thing disappeared, then several months later, they resurfaced under a different name, anf of course they ignored allvthe old customers.

I have been using moonbox since their 1st generation, never had any major issues until recently, at least so far they haven't abandoned their customers yet, unlike my other awful experience with tvPad which just like maige, took the customers' money and disappeared, I now have 2 expensive paperweights.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1529 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
User713487 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 12:26 am
Those channels had been off for almost aweek now, and nobody knows how to contact their customer service. Thank you for checking it out for me.

Besides maige, i also got burnt by another iptv service called yuehai, the cost was about us$80 per year, started off with more than 200 channels, but by the 4th month, number of channels went down to 80, not long after that, the whooe thing disappeared, then several months later, they resurfaced under a different name, anf of course they ignored allvthe old customers.

I have been using moonbox since their 1st generation, never had any major issues until recently, at least so far they haven't abandoned their customers yet, unlike my other awful experience with tvPad which just like maige, took the customers' money and disappeared, I now have 2 expensive paperweights.

I had 6 tvpad when it stopped working...not going to put money into any company that pulled the plug on their loyal customers

When I went to get another of these tv boxes , the rep was pushing the coolbox...they said it is made by the tvpad people...say it was the tvpad5 with a new name, because tvpad pulled the plug on me therefore I'm not going to put any more money into their new boxes

Htv has been great so far and I really like their blue house on top of the box which tells me if there is any connectivity issues (red house for errors with internet)
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1529 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
Those channels lost the source of the video feed for the last 3 days...maybe it has incredibly bad weather where the server is doing the video capturing ....
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 2, 2003
14816 posts
788 upvotes
Scarborough
i dunno why you have to deny the clear logic i laid out and explained in great detail the gaps in your logic. just like you're trying to help share information, i'm trying to clear up any confusion you cause. my stating that what you heard from CS Moonbox doesn't mean moonbox is moving completely to a subscription model is not calling you a liar. the msg you receive merely means they are releasing new apps. you yourself subsequently found out that moonbox will still support the old apps. this was specifically the point i have always been trying to make.

i don't get paid for doing any of this so i'm glad to have help staying on top of the situation. but don't jump to conclusions is all i'm saying.

i still haven't gotten confirmation from moonbox what their strategic direction is going forward. so anything is still possible at this point. they're clearly trying different things, and adding a subscription model will make the business more sustainable.

let's see how things play out over the next few days/weeks. exciting times!
MOONBOX REPLACEMENT:IPTV Group Buy
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1529 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
That was 6 tvpad in the family...including relatives and friends that number would be around 12

This time with moonbox it is around 6 boxes that is having problems so I'm replacing with htv boxes
Feb 10, 2004
713 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
I want a HTV box :)
Shu wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 1:10 am
That was 6 tvpad in the family...including relatives and friends that number would be around 12

This time with moonbox it is around 6 boxes that is having problems so I'm replacing with htv boxes
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1529 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
actng wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 1:10 am
i dunno why you have to deny the clear logic i laid out and explained in great detail the gaps in your logic. just like you're trying to help share information, i'm trying to clear up any confusion you cause. my stating that what you heard from CS Moonbox doesn't mean moonbox is moving completely to a subscription model is not calling you a liar. the msg you receive merely means they are releasing new apps. you yourself subsequently found out that moonbox will still support the old apps. this was specifically the point i have always been trying to make.

i don't get paid for doing any of this so i'm glad to have help staying on top of the situation. but don't jump to conclusions is all i'm saying.

i still haven't gotten confirmation from moonbox what their strategic direction is going forward. so anything is still possible at this point. they're clearly trying different things, and adding a subscription model will make the business more sustainable.

let's see how things play out over the next few days/weeks. exciting times!
I wouldn't mind paying a little extra each year if it would guarantee the quality of service that we get but right now their pay service is also quite unreliable
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1529 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
killer_chan wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 1:14 am
I got my htv from market village for $220 paying by MasterCard

Give me some upvotes!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1529 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
killer_chan wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 1:14 am
The pmall store would only do $220 for cash since we picked up 5 moonboxes from them
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 2, 2003
14816 posts
788 upvotes
Scarborough
honestly i could use the help, i'm really busy with my day job and supporting all the users for free... you and i should be working together!

i love that someone else can get info from moonbox also. with my 4 years of experience dealing with them, and knowing the history behind the scenes... if I were to clarify some of the confusion in your posts, you could build on top of what i have to contribute, much like i'm trying to build on top of what i know, to provide the best info to all the users...

instead of getting defensive and accusing me of calling you a liar (which i'm not) and worse of all letting posters like Shu or Bry626 or sexyj or whoever else i forgot to mention, add fuel to the popcorn drama fire... and detracting from the overall discussion of the actual state of Moonbox.

fair?
MOONBOX REPLACEMENT:IPTV Group Buy
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1529 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
actng wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 1:20 am
honestly i could use the help, i'm really busy with my day job and supporting all the users for free... you and i should be working together!

i love that someone else can get info from moonbox also. with my 4 years of experience dealing with them, and knowing the history behind the scenes... if I were to clarify some of the confusion in your posts, you could build on top of what i have to contribute, much like i'm trying to build on top of what i know, to provide the best info to all the users...

instead of getting defensive and accusing me of calling you a liar (which i'm not) and worse of all letting posters like Shu or Bry626 or sexyj or whoever else i forgot to mention, add fuel to the popcorn drama fire... and detracting from the overall discussion of the actual state of Moonbox.

fair?
Don't want to add gasoline to the popcorn fire but it just burns that the moonbox sucks at the moment, if I could be watching something good I wouldn't have so much time to post here

I usually only post when there isn't anything more interesting to do

The op isn't a bad guy but seems to be a bit slow in receiving support from the moonbox support team
Mar 23, 2003
851 posts
52 upvotes
I agree on one thing..If you just talking about some apps..ESP. new app are on subscription base.. pls say it clearly..Honest..Some of those apps .. those new apps mentioned here are not moonbox exclusive.. they can be installed on other Android box too.. don't let these new subscription based app scare us..

At least for me.. I care more about those basic moonbox app.. those iLove apps that came with moonbox..I care if they are stable or not and if moonbox is continuing with them.