Computers & Electronics

Official Moonbox user thread: 4K Quad Core Moonbox M4S (Moonbox PRO) is HERE!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2017 4:17 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1467 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
softech wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 1:29 am
I agree on one thing..If you just talking about some apps..ESP. new app are on subscription base.. pls say it clearly..Honest..Some of those apps .. those new apps mentioned here are not moonbox exclusive.. they can be installed on other Android box too.. don't let these new subscription based app scare us..

At least for me.. I care more about those basic moonbox app.. those iLove apps that came with moonbox..I care if they are stable or not and if moonbox is continuing with them.
I also prefer the basic apps... even the new app (fast fish) is a bit difficult to navigate, pressing the left arrow sometimes allow me to choose the different groups, sometime it scrolls up a page of channels instead...much easier to navigate with cherry tv
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 2, 2003
14775 posts
749 upvotes
Scarborough
Shu wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 1:29 am
The op isn't a bad guy but seems to be a bit slow in receiving support from the moonbox support team
thanks for the fair comment
it's slow cuz they haven't decided what they're going to do yet.
and i'm not dealing with the customer service guy... that cs guy last month allegedly said moonbox was out of business!
i need to sleep... sorry to those i haven't gotten back to yet... will keep answering PMs, texts, whatsapps, emails, phone calls in the morning
MOONBOX REPLACEMENT:IPTV Group Buy
Feb 8, 2017
10 posts
2 upvotes
User713487 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 10:34 pm
DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER! The following just came in from customer service, I don't want to be accused of speculating, so do your own translation.

測試期2天。
Trial period is for 2 days.

新點播回看,23號發佈。
NEW VOD & NEW PLAYBACK to be released on 23rd.

免費的是否取消,要看未來幾天是否仍然有攻擊。 如果還持續攻擊,我們就想放棄了。
whether or not to discontinue the free apps depends on if the servers get attacked agaij in the next few days, if the attacks continue, we will consider giving up.
I Just got a reply from the MoonBox CS via WeChat, i.e. Moonbox99, I've asked him a direct question whether the free to view apps i.e. iLivePlUS, CloudVOD & iPlayback will still continue their services after the subscription based apps go into full throttle, the question was posted this morning at 11:39am, and I finally got a reply from him 6 hours later. The answer was a STRAIGHT NO!. This is such a great disappointment! Sigh!
Aug 22, 2016
432 posts
64 upvotes
Buayaman wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 6:34 am
I Just got a reply from the MoonBox CS via WeChat, i.e. Moonbox99, I've asked him a direct question whether the free to view apps i.e. iLivePlUS, CloudVOD & iPlayback will still continue their services after the subscription based apps go into full throttle, the question was posted this morning at 11:39am, and I finally got a reply from him 6 hours later. The answer was a STRAIGHT NO!. This is such a great disappointment! Sigh!
That's the same rep I have been in touch with, if moonbox decides to stop the free service, they better put their act together in providing better quality streaming.
Aug 22, 2016
432 posts
64 upvotes
Shu wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 1:08 am
Those channels lost the source of the video feed for the last 3 days...maybe it has incredibly bad weather where the server is doing the video capturing ....
Those few channels has never had a good day since I bought the box a few years ago, the picture pixelated to vcd quality every time when change of scene, but I put up with it.
Aug 22, 2016
432 posts
64 upvotes
Shu wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 1:15 am
I wouldn't mind paying a little extra each year if it would guarantee the quality of service that we get but right now their pay service is also quite unreliable
Buying into any IPTV services is taking a chance, no one can guarantee the quality or how long it will last. For $20 a year, I am willing to take a chance, because other apk services I have used charge about us$80 to 100 per year, and I don't want to fork out almost us$200 for a new box that offers similar programs.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1467 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
agent86 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 11:41 pm
Major pixilation on TVB Pearl in Fast Fish. Not sure how they expect us to pay for this.
It's stuttering a lot at the moment, I guess their system can handle many users
Also freezing and repeating the last few seconds over and over
Also the pixelation
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1467 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
killer_chan wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 1:14 am
I want a HTV box :)
HTV coolbox funtv evpad sinopad any other choices?
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1467 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
User713487 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 10:12 pm
TVB CLASSIC on FastFish was working this afternoon, will test it again later.
It's working but stutters so much it's unwatchable!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1467 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
User713487 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 2:58 pm
It’s not that unusual, htv has a subscription package for users who prefer HD h265 streaming.
I had no clue they had this subscription service but after trying it out it is so amazing, the quality is so good with this htv subscription service, no stuttering and very high definition video, wonder how much does this subscription service cost?

Way way way better than the fast fish service

Don't know how long is the trial with the htv subscription service but I'm expecting more than 2 days
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1467 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
Trial for fast fish is over now

But with my experience of the service for the last 25 hours , it is not worth it

Stutters too much
Pixelation of video
Channels not working
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1467 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
The free service is working again and it starts up much faster at the moment
Also no stuttering and I'm not seeing any pixelation
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1467 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
The only issue with the free service at the moment is that message at the top of the video when using iliveplus
Aug 22, 2016
432 posts
64 upvotes
Shu wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 12:28 pm
The only issue with the free service at the moment is that message at the top of the video when using iliveplus
That message is telling us that their server has been under attack everyday.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1467 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
User713487 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 12:35 pm
That message is telling us that their server has been under attack everyday.
It seems like their paid service is under a bigger attack, its more unstable than free service at the moment
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel