Computers & Electronics

Official Moonbox user thread: 4K Quad Core Moonbox M4S (Moonbox PRO) is HERE!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2017 12:25 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 2, 2015
47 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Vod app not perfect yet. long wait and app crash sometime. should be fix in the next version. Lookback and Vod app will not work under Wired internet on the moonbox M3S. must change to wifi in order to authenticate.
Mar 25, 2017
96 posts
12 upvotes
edzzz66 wrote:
May 14th, 2017 7:01 pm
Vod app not perfect yet. long wait and app crash sometime. should be fix in the next version. Lookback and Vod app will not work under Wired internet on the moonbox M3S. must change to wifi in order to authenticate.
My M3S is connected to router via cat-5 cable. I don't have any authentication issue.
Sep 30, 2005
311 posts
8 upvotes
Aurora
lam2017 wrote:
May 14th, 2017 10:43 pm
My M3S is connected to router via cat-5 cable. I don't have any authentication issue.
I am using the wired internet but have no authentication issue as well for your information.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
1972 posts
1242 upvotes
Markham
lam2017 wrote:
Same here. No problem with wired connection of my M3S to router for watching LookBack and FastFish.
Apr 10, 2017
2 posts
Questions: I have a Moonbox pro. If I load Kodi on to it. Will it affect anything that's already on the box? I'm thinking about getting another adroid box but if I can use the moonbox pro that I have now it would save me some $$$. Also, how is good is Kodi? Does the work good? I have older parents who like to watch HK dramas and shows, are there good add-ons? Thx
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2005
2767 posts
194 upvotes
Elle888 wrote:
May 15th, 2017 7:57 pm
Questions: I have a Moonbox pro. If I load Kodi on to it. Will it affect anything that's already on the box? I'm thinking about getting another adroid box but if I can use the moonbox pro that I have now it would save me some $$$.
No, It will not affect anything that is already on the box.
Elle888 wrote:
Questions: Also, how is good is Kodi? Does the work good?
Yes, it works well.
Elle888 wrote:
Questions: I have older parents who like to watch HK dramas and shows, are there good add-ons? Thx
Google ICDrama.
Mar 25, 2017
96 posts
12 upvotes
softech wrote:
May 17th, 2017 8:52 pm
just to confirm... anyone try the fish apps on other Android, non Moonbox devices?
For Fastfish to work you will need to be able to "buy" subscription from Fastfish. While the install files for LOOKBACK and VOD apps are readily available, you will need to get the install file for the LIVE app. i.e. you probably will need to talk to Fastfish first.
Mar 25, 2017
96 posts
12 upvotes
If you don't need Vietnamese or Korean Language programs, I would judge the Live and Lookback apps superior than the original Moonbox version. VOD app got problems. Even Fastfish do not claim that it is finished as the banner message still says that VOD is coming soon. So there is hope that VOD will get better. Overall, I am satisfied.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
1972 posts
1242 upvotes
Markham
lam2017 wrote:
May 18th, 2017 5:20 pm
If you don't need Vietnamese or Korean Language programs, I would judge the Live and Lookback apps superior than the original Moonbox version. VOD app got problems. Even Fastfish do not claim that it is finished as the banner message still says that VOD is coming soon. So there is hope that VOD will get better. Overall, I am satisfied.
+1

I am also happy with the FastFish Live and LookBack apps.
Let's hope FastFish VOD app will get better.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6381 posts
861 upvotes
For those with the VOD app, is it similar to the previous VOD on moonbox for selection ?? I mean, the MB one was heavy on TVB shows and light on others, is the FastFish VOD better / similar / worst ??

Problem is wife only watch TVB shows, mom likes Mardarin drama and I like Hollywood Movies, would this be able to please all ??
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Nov 2, 2015
47 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lam2017 wrote:
My M3S won't work via cable for Lookback and Vod. Fastfish live is fine. It will struck on checking your username when running Lookback and gave me 鉴权失败 when running Vod app. I talked to LOOK and told me is a known issue with Moonbox. I need to put the box on Wifi in order to authenticate. Weird if none of you are experiencing this issue. Disappointed But Relieved Face I have no idea !!!
Mar 25, 2017
96 posts
12 upvotes
edzzz66 wrote:
May 18th, 2017 9:05 pm
My M3S won't work via cable for Lookback and Vod. Fastfish live is fine. It will struck on checking your username when running Lookback and gave me 鉴权失败 when running Vod app. I talked to LOOK and told me is a known issue with Moonbox. I need to put the box on Wifi in order to authenticate. Weird if none of you are experiencing this issue. Disappointed But Relieved Face I have no idea !!!
I had the Lookback "checking your user name" problem that was fixed in Lookback 1.1.4 that Fastfish sent to me on Apr. 21. Today for the first time I had the 鉴权失败 when running Vod app. After a few tries, it worked again. Reported that to Fastfish this morning and so far no response.