Computers & Electronics

Official Moonbox user thread: 4K Quad Core Moonbox M4S (Moonbox PRO) is HERE!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2017 9:03 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 2, 2015
47 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lam2017 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 12:01 am
I had the Lookback "checking your user name" problem that was fixed in Lookback 1.1.4 that Fastfish sent to me on Apr. 21. Today for the first time I had the 鉴权失败 when running Vod app. After a few tries, it worked again. Reported that to Fastfish this morning and so far no response.
Well, I am running Lookback 1.1.5 and won't get pass the check username issue on Wired connection. He told me is moonbox that's causing it but Fastfish Live works fine with wired connection. Of cause I prefer the wired connection over Wifi because moonbox M3S doesn't carry the AC wifi band.
Mar 23, 2003
857 posts
53 upvotes
edzzz66 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 8:44 am
Well, I am running Lookback 1.1.5 and won't get pass the check username issue on Wired connection. He told me is moonbox that's causing it but Fastfish Live works fine with wired connection. Of cause I prefer the wired connection over Wifi because moonbox M3S doesn't carry the AC wifi band.
i was in fact the other way around.. my wired connection is good.. but when i use wifi.. lookback won'g pass check username stage.. however, my wifi on moonbox M3S is buggy.. the wifi was extremly slow.. even watching youtube .. so.. i am not sure the check username issue is due to the wifi slowness or the app itself
Apr 6, 2006
2 posts
Toronto
i have the moonbox 3s is that any apps play tvb now? if not any replacement hardware plays real time tvb and archive ? anyone using funtv?
Jul 19, 2015
20 posts
2 upvotes
nyc, NY
softech wrote:
May 17th, 2017 8:52 pm
just to confirm... anyone try the fish apps on other Android, non Moonbox devices?
My friend gave me a Xiaomi Mi TV Box 3 Enhanced Edition. All three fish apks install and work fine. Strange thing is icons are much larger so placement is off compared to when I installed in moonbox.

Anyone have this problem?

According to fastfish they have many customers using on xiaomi boxes with no issues.
Oct 10, 2013
264 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto, ON
hhjr888 wrote:
May 22nd, 2017 11:30 pm
My friend gave me a Xiaomi Mi TV Box 3 Enhanced Edition. All three fish apks install and work fine. Strange thing is icons are much larger so placement is off compared to when I installed in moonbox.

Anyone have this problem?

According to fastfish they have many customers using on xiaomi boxes with no issues.
Do you need to sideload the fastfish apps on Mi box?
Jul 19, 2015
20 posts
2 upvotes
nyc, NY
TheWang wrote:
May 23rd, 2017 12:37 pm
Do you need to sideload the fastfish apps on Mi box?
I sideloaded the apks because it was easier for me that way. Don't know if you need to do it that way.
Dec 31, 2015
57 posts
13 upvotes
deadtorights wrote:
May 4th, 2017 6:11 pm
I do have some good news.
LOOK send me another version 1.2.1 and it work! no more issue with M3S.

Link Here for FastVOD

surprised this app works on other android boxes. but...the update on the drama episodes are way behind. maybe this version is old?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 2, 2003
14827 posts
791 upvotes
Scarborough
Guys.. just got word from the distributor in Toronto...

Anyone with a Moonbox Pro aka M4S can get the new paid apps for free for 180 days. Reach out to your reseller for instructions/process... it is not pretty and a lot more complicated than need be. You will need to physically surrender your box to your reseller and they have to bring it to the distributor.

So far this has worked for a half dozen of boxes.

If you bought a PRO from me, please EMAIL me with proof of payment (respond to the EMT email, for example.) Please do not PM, I cannot possibly keep up with the PMs. Thank you.

No love for M3S users unfortunately.
MOONBOX REPLACEMENT:IPTV Group Buy
Aug 12, 2015
78 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Fast fish and fast replay they are very unstable it's not even worth subscribing for. I recommend to stay away from Moonbox from now. It's a piece of crap. They decides this was cost saving and changed the model.

Lots of Pro box users bought not long ago and they only give 180 days? At least a year seriously....

With the ending of the old apps my M3 is now junk and become landfill, and lucky I didn't get M3S else another landfill

Fast fish has a lot less channels and its not favourable

Good bye Moonbox. Even Unblock tech UBOX is better.

I'm very disappointed. Worse product ever even TVpad 4 still works after 2 years. Yet moonbox pro released end of last year and was on sale chinese new year already got dumped

I bought moonbox and expected two years of service. All I get is a shell that I still need to subscribe? I might as well get a generic box
Aug 22, 2016
459 posts
70 upvotes
We all suspect that EVpad is actually MOONBOX, but do you know recently another clone called MyEV has surfaced? The interface and channel lineups are identical to EVpad, is it possible that it is also from Moonbox?

I'm so tempted to try the UBOX III, but the gen 2 was so awful, anybody care to share their experience on the gen 3?
Mar 16, 2004
49 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
neonlight wrote:
May 25th, 2017 6:14 am
Fast fish and fast replay they are very unstable it's not even worth subscribing for. I recommend to stay away from Moonbox from now. It's a piece of crap. They decides this was cost saving and changed the model.

Lots of Pro box users bought not long ago and they only give 180 days? At least a year seriously....

With the ending of the old apps my M3 is now junk and become landfill, and lucky I didn't get M3S else another landfill

Fast fish has a lot less channels and its not favourable

Good bye Moonbox. Even Unblock tech UBOX is better.

I'm very disappointed. Worse product ever even TVpad 4 still works after 2 years. Yet moonbox pro released end of last year and was on sale chinese new year already got dumped

I bought moonbox and expected two years of service. All I get is a shell that I still need to subscribe? I might as well get a generic box
Agreed 100%. Moonbox = TRASH.

Never trust these scumbags.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 2, 2003
14827 posts
791 upvotes
Scarborough
neonlight wrote:
May 25th, 2017 6:14 am
you may end up getting more than 180 days... i didn't want to over promise and under deliver and went with what i know for sure will happen.
MOONBOX REPLACEMENT:IPTV Group Buy
Sep 27, 2009
454 posts
68 upvotes
Actng: how does this work for us out of towners that bought from you..
May 7, 2017
7 posts
2 upvotes
I think either BeeVideo or 1kxun has live tv that works. Both are free and in tv treasure, I think...
Oct 10, 2013
264 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto, ON
eal426 wrote:
May 27th, 2017 10:02 am
I think either BeeVideo or 1kxun has live tv that works. Both are free and in tv treasure, I think...
Who cares? This thread is about Moonbox. You think people pay $200 so that they can use free apps and be happy with it?