Computers & Electronics

Official Moonbox user thread: 4K Quad Core Moonbox M4S (Moonbox PRO) is HERE!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2017 7:48 pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6819 posts
998 upvotes
Besides Neonlight, other people using the 3 Fast fish are going okay ?? Not having too much problems ?? Thx.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Mar 25, 2017
97 posts
12 upvotes
eal426 wrote:
May 27th, 2017 10:02 am
I think either BeeVideo or 1kxun has live tv that works. Both are free and in tv treasure, I think...
No. They are free trial asking for subscription later.
Mar 25, 2017
97 posts
12 upvotes
hdom wrote:
May 27th, 2017 12:35 pm
Besides Neonlight, other people using the 3 Fast fish are going okay ?? Not having too much problems ?? Thx.
The Live and Lookback apps have hitches that we can live with. Occasionally, it would pop a message asked whether you want to "Freeze your account" that you need to answer NO. The video quality and contents are very good for me (not for Vietnamese and Korean Language viewers). VOD app has problems. The navigation within the apps is idiotic and at times not working. While VOD is a pain to live with, it does work most of the time. In the banner message, Fastfish still says VOD is to be released shortly. So hopefully there will be a new version coming.
Dec 31, 2015
77 posts
41 upvotes
toronto
lam2017 wrote:
May 27th, 2017 1:06 pm
No. They are free trial asking for subscription later.
they are free. i have been using it for almost 2 years
May 7, 2017
7 posts
2 upvotes
TheWang wrote:
May 27th, 2017 11:44 am
Who cares? This thread is about Moonbox. You think people pay $200 so that they can use free apps and be happy with it?

It's better than paying for FastFish and having it not work.
Oct 10, 2013
267 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto, ON
eal426 wrote:
May 28th, 2017 12:20 am
It's better than paying for FastFish and having it not work.
I don't see where I suggest Fastfish is the way to go. People are not happy that they have already paid $200 and Moonbox no longer works. Free apps has been around for a ,long time, neither something new nor restricted to the moonbox. Those who are completely satisfied with free apps probably wouldn't have bought a moonbox in the first place.

Lots of moonbox owners won't pay for Fastfish either, but free apps are no consolation prize.
May 7, 2017
7 posts
2 upvotes
TheWang wrote:
May 28th, 2017 2:08 am
I don't see where I suggest Fastfish is the way to go. People are not happy that they have already paid $200 and Moonbox no longer works. Free apps has been around for a ,long time, neither something new nor restricted to the moonbox. Those who are completely satisfied with free apps probably wouldn't have bought a moonbox in the first place.

Lots of moonbox owners won't pay for Fastfish either, but free apps are no consolation prize.
Yeah, but those free apps essentially do everything the old apps did. Also, the old apps are never coming back.
Oct 10, 2013
267 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto, ON
eal426 wrote:
May 28th, 2017 7:57 am
Yeah, but those free apps essentially do everything the old apps did.
No, they don't.
Mar 23, 2003
939 posts
66 upvotes
TheWang wrote:
May 28th, 2017 8:56 am
No, they don't.
not sure about these free apps.. but most free apps I see on moonbox don't have Cantonese show .. live or vod..or the whole drama collection replay

if you only care mandarin shows.. some free apps working well. but many HK/canton viewers go with tv box because there are pack of free app for that
Aug 12, 2015
79 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto, ON
hdom wrote:
May 27th, 2017 12:35 pm
There are only 2 apps for Fash fish, Not sure what you mean by the third. Do advise?
Mar 25, 2017
97 posts
12 upvotes
neonlight wrote:
May 28th, 2017 7:18 pm
There are only 2 apps for Fash fish, Not sure what you mean by the third. Do advise?
1. Live, 2. Lookback 3. VOD. Go to TV Treasure. When it works (maybe after 4 or 5 tries) you'll see all 3 apps up top.
Sep 27, 2009
462 posts
68 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
i just installed the 3 apps to get ready for the inlaws coming...my VOD isn't working and the look back app is...seriously lacking some channels from before ugh

man i haven't turned it on since January but been following the thread...rekt

ACTNG check ur email please
Aug 12, 2015
79 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lam2017 wrote:
May 28th, 2017 9:44 pm
1. Live, 2. Lookback 3. VOD. Go to TV Treasure. When it works (maybe after 4 or 5 tries) you'll see all 3 apps up top.
I see. However fast fish lack heaps of channels, Look back doesn't stream at times and VOD the thumbnails don't even load properly it's very flaky. About to give it up.

They deliberately changed it to be subscription after like few months so you cannot get a refund
Aug 12, 2015
79 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto, ON
TheWang wrote:
May 28th, 2017 2:08 am

Exactly right. If you want mandarin content with Chinese servers there's plenty for free. However Cantonese content VOD, live channels and replay is what people buy moonbox for. You can easily buy a generic box and install all those freebies for mandarin content.

We paid a premium to get Cantonese content and in the end we need to pay a fee. Plus this subscription would work on any other boxes not just moonbox. So there's no reason to buy moonbox anymore. I regret I purchased the pro. I should have bought Blue TV instead.

I can tell you most of the free apps for Chinese are very unstable and keep changing everyday. You spend more stuffing around to know which app to use to watch shows.

It's too much trouble for elderly and if you are working full time you won't bother with finding what apps for what shows and clean up etc every now and then it's crazy.

These boxes selling point is that one off fee that gives you how many years of service. If you take that a way there's no reason to buy them. Content matters.

The old apps have been working on M3 even up until they decided to abolish everything. I not sure what they are thinking. Their notice on DDOS attack doesn't make sense. It's a mere excuse.
Evpad is now the replacement time will tell how long that one lasts.... The same deal
Aug 22, 2016
473 posts
72 upvotes
neonlight wrote:
May 29th, 2017 4:25 am
Exactly right. If you want mandarin content with Chinese servers there's plenty for free. However Cantonese content VOD, live channels and replay is what people buy moonbox for. You can easily buy a generic box and install all those freebies for mandarin content.

We paid a premium to get Cantonese content and in the end we need to pay a fee. Plus this subscription would work on any other boxes not just moonbox. So there's no reason to buy moonbox anymore. I regret I purchased the pro. I should have bought Blue TV instead.

I can tell you most of the free apps for Chinese are very unstable and keep changing everyday. You spend more stuffing around to know which app to use to watch shows.

It's too much trouble for elderly and if you are working full time you won't bother with finding what apps for what shows and clean up etc every now and then it's crazy.

These boxes selling point is that one off fee that gives you how many years of service. If you take that a way there's no reason to buy them. Content matters.

The old apps have been working on M3 even up until they decided to abolish everything. I not sure what they are thinking. Their notice on DDOS attack doesn't make sense. It's a mere excuse.
Evpad is now the replacement time will tell how long that one lasts.... The same deal
Please DO NOT touch EVpad! I bought one last week and I returned it immediately. I am 99% certain that it is developed and owned by Moonbox, the remote control is the same exact one as moonbox pro except the ev’s is black, the page layout is almost identical to moonbox, the interface of the apps are exactly the same, mor than one-third of the chaanel do not load, it also has amessage on the top of the screen just like moonbox, but instead of blaming server attacks,.EV is blaming the weather for the poor reception, all these little issues just too similar to moonbox, I have a feeling they will start asking for subscrption prett soon.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)