Computers & Electronics

Official Moonbox user thread: 4K Quad Core Moonbox M4S (Moonbox PRO) is HERE!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2017 11:20 am
Aug 22, 2016
473 posts
72 upvotes
neonlight wrote:
May 29th, 2017 4:21 am
I see. However fast fish lack heaps of channels, Look back doesn't stream at times and VOD the thumbnails don't even load properly it's very flaky. About to give it up.

They deliberately changed it to be subscription after like few months so you cannot get a refund
These 3 apps are very unstable, and moonbox expect us to pay for them?
Sep 27, 2009
462 posts
68 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
So I can send it my box back to ACTNG and get hte 180 days of fast fish..I rather just pay $33 to that dude on wechat
So what is the best option right now...i have 3 weeks to figure this out before the inlaws are here
They are interested in Cantonese/Guangzhou stuff..

HTV5? bluetv??
Penalty Box
Feb 10, 2007
9841 posts
1057 upvotes
with bluetv you are basically buying a tvpad, stale but stable

with htv you'll get a lot more vod content and live channels, but sometimes the stream buffer during rush hour
itr452 wrote:
May 29th, 2017 4:48 pm

HTV5? bluetv??
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]
Aug 12, 2015
79 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto, ON
User713487 wrote:
May 29th, 2017 10:01 am
Please DO NOT touch EVpad! I bought one last week and I returned it immediately. I am 99% certain that it is developed and owned by Moonbox, the remote control is the same exact one as moonbox pro except the ev’s is black, the page layout is almost identical to moonbox, the interface of the apps are exactly the same, mor than one-third of the chaanel do not load, it also has amessage on the top of the screen just like moonbox, but instead of blaming server attacks,.EV is blaming the weather for the poor reception, all these little issues just too similar to moonbox, I have a feeling they will start asking for subscrption prett soon.
I previously bought the EVpad T2, 2 models before the current PRO already before Moonbox Pro changed to subscription. It's been working for a year. I did get support from their whatsapp, wechat channels to re-authorise MAC addresses. Other than that its been working fine. If I can get another year of service it is good enough.

The reason I bought it because it was cheap. Serves as an alternative to TVpad 4 which is still working for me ATM
Aug 22, 2016
473 posts
72 upvotes
neonlight wrote:
May 29th, 2017 7:52 pm
I previously bought the EVpad T2, 2 models before the current PRO already before Moonbox Pro changed to subscription. It's been working for a year. I did get support from their whatsapp, wechat channels to re-authorise MAC addresses. Other than that its been working fine. If I can get another year of service it is good enough.
I got the PRO version, the HK cable now down to only 3 channels, the Canadian FTV has disappeared from EasyTV, all the Sky Sports and British channels are gone, the North America are missing a lot of channels if compare t their advertised channel lineups, typical bait and switch.

I ended up returning it because without the above mentioned channels, it is just another android box, certainly not worth US$199. No matter how they deny it, it is the same as the old moonbox. Blaming the weather for channels not loading, give me a break! When I contacte them about any issues, nothing is ever their fault, and everyissue I raised, they want me to show them a picture, who has time to be taking so many pictures!
Feb 8, 2017
43 posts
12 upvotes
Kuala Lumpur
User713487 wrote:
May 29th, 2017 10:01 am
Please DO NOT touch EVpad! I bought one last week and I returned it immediately. I am 99% certain that it is developed and owned by Moonbox, the remote control is the same exact one as moonbox pro except the ev’s is black, the page layout is almost identical to moonbox, the interface of the apps are exactly the same, mor than one-third of the chaanel do not load, it also has amessage on the top of the screen just like moonbox, but instead of blaming server attacks,.EV is blaming the weather for the poor reception, all these little issues just too similar to moonbox, I have a feeling they will start asking for subscrption prett soon.
You're right! I just happened to speak to a former TVPad/ HTV international marketing personal last week and my suspicion on the relationship between MoonBOX and EVPad way back in late 2015 is now confirmed. They are the same group of people! Not sure why did Moonbox kill off their own product but EVPad is definitely from MoonBOX. As the content box industry is neither big or small, they all knew what's going on and who's who.
Mar 25, 2017
98 posts
12 upvotes
The company producing Moonbox was a fraud in that it was set up to solicit and defraud investors of tens of millions of RMBs. It obtained (bought?) 3 major awards from CCTV in 2015 as one of the most promising and trust worthy partners. In May 2016, the parent company of Moonbox was fined by Chinese authorities for false advertising guaranteeing very high return on investments with no risk. Small investors went to police in September 2016 when no one was answering their phone inquiries. The news article I read last year that went into much details are no longer on the web. However, the following is still available that goes into some of that :

http://finance.ifeng.com/a/20160912/14874572_0.shtml

Fastfish, I am totally convinced that they are totally separate. The amount of time it took them to release the apps and the some of the problems they had is almost amateurish. It is obvious that they are doing at least part of the apps for the first time.
Feb 8, 2017
43 posts
12 upvotes
Kuala Lumpur
lam2017 wrote:
May 30th, 2017 12:03 am
The company producing Moonbox was a fraud in that it was set up to solicit and defraud investors of tens of millions of RMBs. It obtained (bought?) 3 major awards from CCTV in 2015 as one of the most promising and trust worthy partners. In May 2016, the parent company of Moonbox was fined by Chinese authorities for false advertising guaranteeing very high return on investments with no risk. Small investors went to police in September 2016 when no one was answering their phone inquiries. The news article I read last year that went into much details are no longer on the web. However, the following is still available that goes into some of that :

http://finance.ifeng.com/a/20160912/14874572_0.shtml

Fastfish, I am totally convinced that they are totally separate. The amount of time it took them to release the apps and the some of the problems they had is almost amateurish. It is obvious that they are doing at least part of the apps for the first time.
The company in the link is not the one we are now referring to. I've checked with some personnels from Moonbox rival companies and they said that the one that was fined by the Chinese authorities is a different company. In fact, MoonBOX is a brand and operated by a company called Wisdom International (HK) Co., Ltd but NOT by Moonbox the company. These are 2 separate companies altogether. Just to be fair .
Aug 12, 2015
79 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto, ON
User713487 wrote:
May 29th, 2017 8:17 pm
I got the PRO version, the HK cable now down to only 3 channels, the Canadian FTV has disappeared from EasyTV, all the Sky Sports and British channels are gone, the North America are missing a lot of channels if compare t their advertised channel lineups, typical bait and switch.

I ended up returning it because without the above mentioned channels, it is just another android box, certainly not worth US$199. No matter how they deny it, it is the same as the old moonbox. Blaming the weather for channels not loading, give me a break! When I contacte them about any issues, nothing is ever their fault, and everyissue I raised, they want me to show them a picture, who has time to be taking so many pictures!
PRO version is not worth it. In fact, it is fine for your return at that price. I only paid 80 USD for EVpad T2 (when they were nobody and noone knew their existence), when I purchased one off Hong Kong mall. I do not care about English channels I only want Chinese content hence I don't see a problem.

At least it is still working not like the stupid Moonbox PRO or the M3 or M3S
Aug 22, 2016
473 posts
72 upvotes
neonlight wrote:
May 30th, 2017 7:53 pm
PRO version is not worth it. In fact, it is fine for your return at that price. I only paid 80 USD for EVpad T2 (when they were nobody and noone knew their existence), when I purchased one off Hong Kong mall. I do not care about English channels I only want Chinese content hence I don't see a problem.

At least it is still working not like the stupid Moonbox PRO or the M3 or M3S
EVpad PRO used to be around US$120-130, they jacked up their price to US$199 at around the same time when Moonbox discontinued Cherry TV PLUS, how convenient I must say, and in the last few months, they already had 2 sales that they slashed the price from $199 to $149, these so called sales are the same old tricks that MOONBOX did.
Aug 12, 2015
79 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto, ON
User713487 wrote:
May 30th, 2017 9:55 pm
EVpad PRO used to be around US$120-130, they jacked up their price to US$199 at around the same time when Moonbox discontinued Cherry TV PLUS, how convenient I must say, and in the last few months, they already had 2 sales that they slashed the price from $199 to $149, these so called sales are the same old tricks that MOONBOX did.
In another words, just jump ship to BlueTV or HTV5 if you must.

However I use EVpad as a backup. Even UBOX have more channel selections than most
Aug 22, 2016
473 posts
72 upvotes
neonlight wrote:
May 30th, 2017 9:56 pm
In another words, just jump ship to BlueTV or HTV5 if you must.

However I use EVpad as a backup. Even UBOX have more channel selections than most
I'm using HTV for chinese programs, looking for a box that carries UK programs, Cherry on Moonbox was perfect. How is your UB? I used to have a UB2 that was awful.
Sep 27, 2009
462 posts
68 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
ugh ran into another problem with my moonbox pro, wifi connects but doesn't resolve an IP for whatever reason, wifi works as thievery else is connected, the modem is 10 feet away from the moonbox
I need to run ethernet however its annoying as I need to unplug it from my TV and stick it into the moonbox

any solutions?
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2006
13968 posts
180 upvotes
Am I the only one who's still willing to give those apps a try?

I'm still trying to get him to sell me the apps, I thought it would be a lot simpler than that. We're communicating in English and it's like one or two work responses every 12 hours.

He says I can pay by WeChat or AliPay, don't know how to do either. But I thought we could pay by PayPal?
2013 Contest Win Wishlist
  • Leafs Tickets / iPad / E-Reader / 46" HDTV / PS3 Gaming System / Cash / Guitar / Keurig
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2005
2827 posts
214 upvotes
Sent my Moonbox Pro to OP (he had sold it to me). He got me 180 days. Hey, better than having a white paper weight.

I'm not sure I'd pay the $33 ransom after the 180 days, though. VOD still does not work.

Thanks for the aftersale service, actng.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Kanatasouth