Computers & Electronics

Official Moonbox user thread: 4K Quad Core Moonbox M4S (Moonbox PRO) is HERE!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2017 10:22 am
Tags:
None
Aug 23, 2006
186 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks to you guys, I have been able to watch tvb through kodi on my moonbox. But the kodi app suddenly stopped working now. I can't even open it. The icon is there, but nothing happens when I click on Kodi. Can someone please guide me on how I could reinstall kodi on the moonbox? I'm afraid to uninstall it on TV App Garden because I might not be able to get it back!
Aug 22, 2016
440 posts
66 upvotes
poohsing wrote:
Jun 9th, 2017 11:37 am
Thanks to you guys, I have been able to watch tvb through kodi on my moonbox. But the kodi app suddenly stopped working now. I can't even open it. The icon is there, but nothing happens when I click on Kodi. Can someone please guide me on how I could reinstall kodi on the moonbox? I'm afraid to uninstall it on TV App Garden because I might not be able to get it back!
https://kodi.tv
KODI has nothing to do with Moonbox, you can download the KODI app from their website, I have noticed that KODI 17 doesn't work well with Moonbox PRO, I had to downgrade it back to KODI 16.
Aug 23, 2006
186 posts
2 upvotes
User713487 wrote:
Jun 9th, 2017 9:57 pm
https://kodi.tv
KODI has nothing to do with Moonbox, you can download the KODI app from their website, I have noticed that KODI 17 doesn't work well with Moonbox PRO, I had to downgrade it back to KODI 16.
I know Kodi doesn't have anything to do with moonbox. But how do I get kodi onto it? It was already there when I got my moonbox and all my apps were installed through tv App garden. I don't know how to get other apps onto the moonbox. Serious rookie here. Tia!
Mar 23, 2003
834 posts
50 upvotes
JayTee1 wrote:
Jun 8th, 2017 12:22 pm
Am I the only one who's still willing to give those apps a try?

I'm still trying to get him to sell me the apps, I thought it would be a lot simpler than that. We're communicating in English and it's like one or two work responses every 12 hours.

He says I can pay by WeChat or AliPay, don't know how to do either. But I thought we could pay by PayPal?
unless they changed... this is what I was told for paypal

Give me the message after payment
paypal账号: ayman81580@gmail.com
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6268 posts
827 upvotes
Kodi is available from the Google Play store just open that app and search for it. If your google play doesn't work, try to reset the time on your moonbox first.

But go to setting to check if the app is running first. Force close the app and clear its chache and try again. While you are in settings, close all the open apps too minus the moonbox ui app.
poohsing wrote:
Jun 9th, 2017 10:02 pm
I know Kodi doesn't have anything to do with moonbox. But how do I get kodi onto it? It was already there when I got my moonbox and all my apps were installed through tv App garden. I don't know how to get other apps onto the moonbox. Serious rookie here. Tia!
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
1965 posts
1209 upvotes
Markham
poohsing wrote:
Jun 9th, 2017 10:02 pm
Open Google Play Store app on your Moonbox. Search and install Kodi.
If Play Store cannot open, you could download kodi onto a USB stick using your computer and then insert the USB stick to Moonbox. Reboot Moonbox and a window would appear asking you if you wish to install any app on the USB stick.
Oct 28, 2007
319 posts
13 upvotes
This thing is a complete piece of sh*t. Not only does the Chinese content utter garbage now, can't even use YouTube and Netflix without restarting itself a million times. I'm going to throw it in the garbage!
Mar 23, 2003
834 posts
50 upvotes
mushroom wrote:
Jun 10th, 2017 7:42 pm
This thing is a complete piece of sh*t. Not only does the Chinese content utter garbage now, can't even use YouTube and Netflix without restarting itself a million times. I'm going to throw it in the garbage!
I have been watching YouTube and Netflix on my black moonbox... and the white one...without issue
Oct 28, 2007
319 posts
13 upvotes
softech wrote:
Jun 10th, 2017 10:52 pm
I have been watching YouTube and Netflix on my black moonbox... and the white one...without issue
it keeps quitting on me with netflix. I was able to fix youtube... totally gave up on watching chinese contents. Just been using RSS player...
Jun 11, 2017
1 posts
Buayaman wrote:
May 29th, 2017 11:42 pm
You're right! I just happened to speak to a former TVPad/ HTV international marketing personal last week and my suspicion on the relationship between MoonBOX and EVPad way back in late 2015 is now confirmed. They are the same group of people! Not sure why did Moonbox kill off their own product but EVPad is definitely from MoonBOX. As the content box industry is neither big or small, they all knew what's going on and who's who.
So, buying an EVPad will just repeat the entire cycle again? I don't mind paying the money, I just want a box that is maintenance free and works. It seems like HTV or that TVPad clone is the best choice now.
Sep 2, 2015
15 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Was using my 3 half dead Moon Box to watch YouTube Netflix and RSS player for the last few months, but now all 3 units are totally dead, unable to load main menu, it seems they have disconnected my boxes at the server.
Mar 25, 2017
96 posts
12 upvotes
tonyskho wrote:
Jun 15th, 2017 7:32 am
Was using my 3 half dead Moon Box to watch YouTube Netflix and RSS player for the last few months, but now all 3 units are totally dead, unable to load main menu, it seems they have disconnected my boxes at the server.
This is from PADMAN on the tvpadnews.com. Hope that it works for you :

If your Moonbox M3S refuses to boot up properly, you can try the following steps to factory reset your unit.

Unplug all cables from your box
Insert a needle or paper clip into the update/reset button (bottom of the unit) and HOLD
Plug in the HDMI cable first then the power cord
While holding on to the update button the screen will go blank then the Android boot screen would appear. Once you see the Android screen release the update button
Select Erase/Wipe data
Once completed, select Reboot to start your box. (DON’T FORGET TO PLUG IN YOUR LAN CABLE) when restarting your box
Sep 2, 2015
15 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
It does work, it does boot up , no regret to erase all those garbage apps and start fresh.

Thanks for your info.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 2, 2003
14800 posts
760 upvotes
Scarborough
softech wrote:
Jun 9th, 2017 11:18 pm
unless they changed... this is what I was told for paypal

Give me the message after payment
paypal账号: ayman81580@gmail.com
so many different paypal email addresses... it's like as if it was a team of students working and whoever answers gives their own email address for paypal...
MOONBOX REPLACEMENT:IPTV Group Buy