Computers & Electronics

Official Moonbox user thread: 4K Quad Core Moonbox M4S (Moonbox PRO) is HERE!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2017 9:03 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 22, 2016
459 posts
70 upvotes
I started with 1 cent, then the $5 monthly, and now the liferime unlimited. It has more than double of channels comparing to the DeadFish, I like the fact that it carries all the major US and UK channels, the channel lineups are even better than the old CherryPLUS, keeping my fingers crossed that it will last at least a few years.
Jan 19, 2017
31 posts
4 upvotes
User713487 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 11:08 am
I started with 1 cent, then the $5 monthly, and now the liferime unlimited. It has more than double of channels comparing to the DeadFish, I like the fact that it carries all the major US and UK channels, the channel lineups are even better than the old CherryPLUS, keeping my fingers crossed that it will last at least a few years.
Appreciate you testing this... I'll jump on the same boat. At least you'll have company if anything happens to the ship (knock on wood).
Aug 22, 2016
459 posts
70 upvotes
Wuwuwu1 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 11:48 am
Appreciate you testing this... I'll jump on the same boat. At least you'll have company if anything happens to the ship (knock on wood).
I hope we won't have to look for another iptv provider again.
Aug 22, 2016
459 posts
70 upvotes
Wuwuwu1 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 11:48 am
I spoke too soon, just noticed the Hong Kong channels are not working.
Jun 24, 2007
26 posts
4 upvotes
They said their HK servers were down.

Their VOD content is also lackluster; some of it won't even load, not sure if caused by HK server outtage.
Aug 22, 2016
459 posts
70 upvotes
hlx42s wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 8:31 am
They said their HK servers were down.

Their VOD content is also lackluster; some of it won't even load, not sure if caused by HK server outtage.
Their VOD content is not very attractive, but the ones I have watched loaded with no problem. I subcribed to it maily for the UK and US channels, espcially those SKY Sports that my friends all love, touch wood so far those channels has no issues.
May 10, 2009
141 posts
10 upvotes
Looks like fast fish live channels are all gone except for a few CCTV channels. Anyone have any info as to why?
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1537 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
vesatoskala89 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 11:11 am
Looks like fast fish live channels are all gone except for a few CCTV channels. Anyone have any info as to why?
It's just a crappy service, no better reason than that
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1537 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
User713487 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 11:08 am

Is the annual pricing $38USD?
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data
Aug 22, 2016
459 posts
70 upvotes
Shu wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 5:13 pm
Is the annual pricing $38USD?
Yes, yearly subscription is $38, but the $69 lifetime seems like a bargain if the service lasts for more than 2 years. Do try it out with the 1 cent trial or $5/month before jumping in for longer terms.
Jan 3, 2004
94 posts
10 upvotes
I bought 2 trial codes. One works w/ the Fire TV stick. The other not working with the M8S II Android box, it won't take the code, says it's invalid. I am not sure why. I want to prefer the latter box because it has H.265. If I use the Fire TV stick, some channels (marked by a star on the name to the right) are H.265 (like TVB etc) would not display video, only outputting audio. Now I need to shop for yet another TV box, but I don't want to buy something that won't take the code (and thus run the app).

So the question to you guys: who have successfully watch H.265 stream channels? And if so, what brand / model is your device? (I am mainly interested in TV box , rather than phone / tablet. (BTW, the app requires permission to read Contacts and Call Logs etc, which I don't know why it's necessary, and it seems to be risky for leaking privacy info. For TV box, I don't need to have those info on the device, so it's safer.)
Aug 22, 2016
459 posts
70 upvotes
fortissimo wrote:
Jul 21st, 2017 9:10 am
I bought 2 trial codes. One works w/ the Fire TV stick. The other not working with the M8S II Android box, it won't take the code, says it's invalid. I am not sure why. I want to prefer the latter box because it has H.265. If I use the Fire TV stick, some channels (marked by a star on the name to the right) are H.265 (like TVB etc) would not display video, only outputting audio. Now I need to shop for yet another TV box, but I don't want to buy something that won't take the code (and thus run the app).

So the question to you guys: who have successfully watch H.265 stream channels? And if so, what brand / model is your device? (I am mainly interested in TV box , rather than phone / tablet. (BTW, the app requires permission to read Contacts and Call Logs etc, which I don't know why it's necessary, and it seems to be risky for leaking privacy info. For TV box, I don't need to have those info on the device, so it's safer.)
I did my first trial on a htv2 which does not support h265, so I did another trial using the Moonbox PRO, the h265 works, but I honestly can’t see any difference between standard and h265. I have now purchased 2 lifetime unlimited accounts using a Q-Box and H96 Pro+. You should ask their customer service or tech support regarding your M8S box, they respond in realtime if using the QQ, or you can email tech support.
Jan 3, 2004
94 posts
10 upvotes
User713487 wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2017 5:50 am
I did my first trial on a htv2 which does not support h265, so I did another trial using the Moonbox PRO, the h265 works, but I honestly can’t see any difference between standard and h265. I have now purchased 2 lifetime unlimited accounts using a Q-Box and H96 Pro+. You should ask their customer service or tech support regarding your M8S box, they respond in realtime if using the QQ, or you can email tech support.
Now the trial expired, I went to try the code on the Amazon Fire TV stick, then I realized I copied down the wrong code, I put in the order number instead of the other code. After I corrected that, I tested that on the M8S II , no go, again tested on the AFTV, no go, then I tested it on my smartphone, again no go.

So I wanted to go for a refund process so I can buy another one again. yes, it's silly as it's only $0.02 (yes, $0.01 USD becomes $0.02 CAD because our dollar is only worth half the American!). I stopped because I saw that they put "退款需扣除Paypal(付款總金額*4%+0.30usd)手續費", meaning that they charged 4% + $0.30 USD for admin fee for refund. That means that I have to pay $0.31 USD to refund $0.02 CAD . LOL. Of course not, so it's just an academic exercise anyway.

Next step is to ask tech support what to do. So I filled in the info, but in English. I hope they can read English in their support team. Will see. If the trial code doesn't work on the 2nd device, no way I will pay real money just to test it out, now knowing that they don't give full refund!!!
Aug 22, 2016
459 posts
70 upvotes
fortissimo wrote:
Jul 24th, 2017 6:04 am
Now the trial expired, I went to try the code on the Amazon Fire TV stick, then I realized I copied down the wrong code, I put in the order number instead of the other code. After I corrected that, I tested that on the M8S II , no go, again tested on the AFTV, no go, then I tested it on my smartphone, again no go.

So I wanted to go for a refund process so I can buy another one again. yes, it's silly as it's only $0.02 (yes, $0.01 USD becomes $0.02 CAD because our dollar is only worth half the American!). I stopped because I saw that they put "退款需扣除Paypal(付款總金額*4%+0.30usd)手續費", meaning that they charged 4% + $0.30 USD for admin fee for refund. That means that I have to pay $0.31 USD to refund $0.02 CAD . LOL. Of course not, so it's just an academic exercise anyway.

Next step is to ask tech support what to do. So I filled in the info, but in English. I hope they can read English in their support team. Will see. If the trial code doesn't work on the 2nd device, no way I will pay real money just to test it out, now knowing that they don't give full refund!!!
LOL! Are you seriously trying to get a refund of 1 cent? By the way, I don't think any iptv provider can guarantee same viewing result on different devices, that's why this 1 cent trial or short term $5 per month is excellent for trying it out before commiting to longer terms.