Computers & Electronics

Official Moonbox user thread: 4K Quad Core Moonbox M4S (Moonbox PRO) is HERE!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2017 8:44 am
Tags:
None
Aug 25, 2004
101 posts
4 upvotes
Do you guys see the posters/thumbnails for hrsj VOD? I don't. Trying to confirm if it's just me.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2006
13851 posts
180 upvotes
boffo123 wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 12:45 am
Do you guys see the posters/thumbnails for hrsj VOD? I don't. Trying to confirm if it's just me.
Nope, not just you. I don't see posters either.
2013 Contest Win Wishlist
  • Leafs Tickets / iPad / E-Reader / 46" HDTV / PS3 Gaming System / Cash / Guitar / Keurig
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1691 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
Wing wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 11:01 am
Most of the unofficial apps are same rubbish (your word). I am using both the Fast Fish and TVB anywhere to back up with each other right now as I watch TVB VOD most of the time.
However, I will give up TVB anywhere after the 1 year subscription as nearly all VOD are being charged now. This is ridiculous and worse than any other box!
Charged? You mean you need to pay more than just the annual subscription fee?
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data
Mar 23, 2003
929 posts
65 upvotes
boffo123 wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 11:19 pm
I'm also curious about Napper. It looks awfully similar to hrsj800, but costs more and doesn't offer a lifetime subscription. Any connection between the two?

Few questions about hrsj800 specifically:

1. Screencaps earlier in the thread show channel logos in the channel list, but I don't see any. Anyone else?
  2. Some of you mentioned VoD hasn't been updated for a while. But does anyone at least see poster art for whatever is available? I don't.
  3. Anyone know if this will work on a box running Android 7 (Nougat)? From what I gather, Napper doesn't seem to work on Nougat, which doesn't bode well for hrsj800 if there's any connection.
does Napper has VOD and is it updating?
Aug 25, 2004
101 posts
4 upvotes
softech wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 5:20 pm
does Napper has VOD and is it updating?
I don't know. I've never tried Napper, I've only seen a video of it in action: https://youtu.be/tPhaNcmxvHE. But that was posted back in July, and it doesn't show VOD anyway, only LiveTV.
Sep 30, 2005
319 posts
8 upvotes
Aurora
Shu wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 8:45 pm
Charged? You mean you need to pay more than just the annual subscription fee?
Yes, there is charge on all the new VOD besides the annual subscription fee.
Mar 5, 2006
536 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
Wing wrote:
Oct 24th, 2017 2:44 pm
Yes, there is charge on all the new VOD besides the annual subscription fee.
oh wow, that sucks.
Having affordable legit tvb is just too good to be true after all haha...
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2006
13851 posts
180 upvotes
I can't read Chinese, but figured QQ was just like any other messenger app right? So I tried adding hrsj on QQ.

Went to "friends" add new friend, then it says "I am JayTee" and i hit next, don't know what the next screen is for or says, but i still hit "next".

And my request is still pending I believe, bc everytime I go to his profile i still see the + icon.

But I don't think he added me back, it's been several days now/.
  • Leafs Tickets / iPad / E-Reader / 46" HDTV / PS3 Gaming System / Cash / Guitar / Keurig
Mar 5, 2006
536 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
JayTee1 wrote:
Oct 25th, 2017 9:22 am
I can't read Chinese, but figured QQ was just like any other messenger app right? So I tried adding hrsj on QQ.

Went to "friends" add new friend, then it says "I am JayTee" and i hit next, don't know what the next screen is for or says, but i still hit "next".

And my request is still pending I believe, bc everytime I go to his profile i still see the + icon.

But I don't think he added me back, it's been several days now/.
What do you need to ask hrsj? When I needed something I just open up a request from their website after logging in, and it'd get answered in an hour or so.
Sep 30, 2005
319 posts
8 upvotes
Aurora
softech wrote:
Oct 24th, 2017 8:36 pm
which one is "all" ? I dun think hrsj800 is charging.. .not fast fish
My reply was to Shu regarding TVB Anywhere not hrsj800
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
8393 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto
Current owner of the old Moonbox M3 (black), I can't find any app that can get TVB VOD's anymore, so I had to come back to this thread to see what people are up to.

Paid 1 cent for the hrsj300 app trial and so far so good, are these guys updating VOD's? When I load the VOD screen it doesnt seem to load pictures of the series'.

Edit: nm I found someone saying these guys are slow in VOD updates... better for live TV.... anybody know of a good app right now that can fetch VOD's reliably right now? Ever since I tried the cat head app which crapped out and then the teal movie icon app which also doesn't seem to work recently, I'm not sure what else to use.

Also can't find the Canadian TVB channel as someone else mentioned here. My cantonese reading is pretty garbage so I can't be of much help to myself lol.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2006
13851 posts
180 upvotes
jasonchewy wrote:
Oct 25th, 2017 9:27 am
What do you need to ask hrsj? When I needed something I just open up a request from their website after logging in, and it'd get answered in an hour or so.
Just wanted to ask if there was an update on VOD, like when they're gonna update the content or come out with a new app.

Do you ask them in Chinese, English, or google translated Chinese?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)