Computers & Electronics

Official Moonbox user thread: 4K Quad Core Moonbox M4S (Moonbox PRO) is HERE!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2017 1:16 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 10, 2004
730 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
hdom wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 1:48 pm
Just saw it too, basically sounds like your box wouldn't even work without paying the fee but I call it BS.

No one is about to use their apps now for a while so looks like is their way to try to get more money. If it stops working I would whether pay money to get another box, the specs on the moonbox sucks anyways.
This would screw ppl using their Moonbox for hrsj800. But I agree, don't think they can't stop your Moonbox from being used as an Android box.
Mar 23, 2003
928 posts
65 upvotes
killer_chan wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 1:55 pm
This would screw ppl using their Moonbox for hrsj800. But I agree, don't think they can't stop your Moonbox from being used as an Android box.
it depends on at which stage the box talk to MoonBox server for authentication.. If it is the first thing they do when it boots up , then yes, they can lock the box that way. But of course, you can root the box and do it like another Android box.
Aug 22, 2016
473 posts
72 upvotes
softech wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 3:47 pm
it depends on at which stage the box talk to MoonBox server for authentication.. If it is the first thing they do when it boots up , then yes, they can lock the box that way. But of course, you can root the box and do it like another Android box.
i tried to root the moonbox pro but not succesful, it says bootloader is locked, if anybody knows how to root this box, please share. IT IS APALLING THAT THEY WANT TO CHARGE AN ANNUAL FEE JUST TO TURN ON THE BOX!
Feb 8, 2017
34 posts
10 upvotes
Kuala Lumpur
User713487 wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 2:07 pm
i tried to root the moonbox pro but not succesful, it says bootloader is locked, if anybody knows how to root this box, please share. IT IS APALLING THAT THEY WANT TO CHARGE AN ANNUAL FEE JUST TO TURN ON THE BOX!
I tried too, but unsuccessful. Looks like we've scammed by this guys real good! Thought would be nice to use the box for other purposes, never knew they'd come this low!
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1688 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
User713487 wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 2:07 pm
Bastards!!! These moon box bastards has stopped giving us service, now they are also stopping us from using this paper weight too....
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data
May 31, 2006
575 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
time for me to get some new boxes. has anyone contact hrsj to deauthorize the mac address of moonbox and move it to another box?
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1688 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
Time for class action lawsuit, the box provider no longer gives service and still ransom us to pay
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
8389 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto
Let's see what actng has to say. I purchased my box from him a few years ago but for those who got the new moonbox recently this 15$ USD fee is a cash grab.
Mar 23, 2003
928 posts
65 upvotes
mcg wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 12:14 pm
Let's see what actng has to say. I purchased my box from him a few years ago but for those who got the new moonbox recently this 15$ USD fee is a cash grab.
be fair to acting.. . he is just a reseller trying to help save us a bit.. I bought from him couple years ago and he has been helpful in answering my questions all the time
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
8389 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto
softech wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 12:42 pm
be fair to acting.. . he is just a reseller trying to help save us a bit.. I bought from him couple years ago and he has been helpful in answering my questions all the time
I'm not throwing him under the bus, he's a great guy. I meant to say let's wait for his word since he is a reseller, he may know exactly from the moonbox guys if the box itself will be disabled or if it's just to certain moonbox exclusive apps.
Aug 22, 2016
473 posts
72 upvotes
mcg wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 1:16 pm
I'm not throwing him under the bus, he's a great guy. I meant to say let's wait for his word since he is a reseller, he may know exactly from the moonbox guys if the box itself will be disabled or if it's just to certain moonbox exclusive apps.
I think most of us fully understood the risks when we bought the moonbox, but I expected to be able to use the device as a basic android box when the apps failed, now they want us to pay $15 just to turn on the box which we have already paid for is simply not acceptable. HOW LOW CAN THEY GET?
Aug 22, 2016
473 posts
72 upvotes
That big yellow message about $15 to unlock the box has myteriously diappeared.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
2206 posts
1539 upvotes
Markham
rsxonly wrote:
Oct 28th, 2017 10:01 am
time for me to get some new boxes. has anyone contact hrsj to deauthorize the mac address of moonbox and move it to another box?
You just install hrsj app on your next Android box. Open it and read the ID of the app on this box. Contact hrsj on their website message tab. Give them (1) the hrsj app ID on your new box, (2) the MAC of your new box and (3) the hrsj authorisation code on your Moonbox. They will associate the code with your new device. The app will run on the new device and not on the Moonbox any more.

I was told about this process before I ordered a lifetime subscription.

Good luck!
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
2206 posts
1539 upvotes
Markham
Anyone knows how to move fastfish authorisation to another Android box?
Mar 23, 2003
928 posts
65 upvotes
drdtyc wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 11:28 pm
Anyone knows how to move fastfish authorisation to another Android box?
I would assume/hope fast fish subscriber can continue to use moonbox without $15 fee...

btw.. I have a black moonbox... dun see the $15 notice...although that box not that useful anymore.. too old the spec...too slow

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

Kanatasouth