Computers & Electronics

Official Moonbox user thread: 4K Quad Core Moonbox M4S (Moonbox PRO) is HERE!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2017 9:07 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 23, 2003
928 posts
65 upvotes
manza7 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 9:10 pm
LOL, we are still talking to this guy?
haha. I wasn't planning to pay him regardless... just trying yo see what BS he will say... discourage that he didn't even make an attempt to make fake promise... haha.. do nothing but want to get the $15 from us.. isn't that too easy?

btw.. my moonbox stuck at the boot up moonbox logo screen now...even with cable unpligged.. yesterday was still boot up fine..
Nov 11, 2017
1 posts
Are you paid fastfish tv customer if you got that warning message?

I'm guessing they took our mac address or device ID, and use the fastfish tv app to put an overlaid image above the UI. I don't use the original remote from moonbox, instead I have a small wireless keyboard remote connected, I can launch the system in-built music player and browser without a problem, though other keys are not function as usual.
Jul 15, 2015
37 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto, ON
eeto wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 9:15 pm
Thta's good news! Another thought..

1. Connect a laptop using Wifi. Use laptop ethernet port to share internet connection with moonbox. Allowing the laptop to supply internet to moonbox (turn off moonbox's wifi to make sure its really the Ethernet is the sole internet provider).
2. Power up moonbox and use Wireshark to listen to laptop's Ethernet port.
3. Fish all IPs moonbox communicates to through the Ethernet port.
4. Compile the IP list - will be a long consider how Asian apps like to phone home 24/7
5. Divide and conquer the list. Block IPs group by group, using windows HOSTS file.
6. Restart Moonbox to see if authenticate server address gets blocked - If (true) cheers! else go back #5 and block another group
7. Hope moonbox only uses one IP to do authentication.

sorry... I can't test this atm... having a test tomorrow :(

edit: On second thought, we can read the network logs in router's admin, coming from the moonbox's internal IP to external IP. That will do #1-#3. Reason I've listed #1-#3 cause the list will be much cleaner if its just listening to a single port with a single device.
Good thoughts... I was thinking of using a packet analyser to find it.

Same here, up to you know what with work and not much time to dive into this.

Can't wait to get to know the auth. server and send a few nice packets it's way, maybe we can even lock it up and demand payment so we can all go buy a nice android box :-)
Dec 15, 2005
143 posts
1 upvote
i unplugged my modem before turning it on...and it still gives me that authorization failure screen....so once you get zapped with it, it stays without connecting to an authorization server..

i'll burn this dumb box before i pay them $15 ....criminals get nothing from me...people like that have no shame..bet they will unzip their pants if I'm willing to shove a $5 bill down there...

i'm going to contact those douchebags and just vent...
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2005
2800 posts
205 upvotes
Hope one of our computer expert friends here will figure out how to flash this piece of shiite. Until then, I'm not turning on my box.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
6987 posts
978 upvotes
Question,

Those of you who have a hrsj subscription, does the TVB 24h news channel work? I believe its channel 002, but mine just keep spinning. Some of the other HK channels keep spinning as well (003, 004, 007, 009, 011, 013, 018)

I'm using a mibox
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2004
8306 posts
770 upvotes
EPcjay wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 11:01 pm
Question,

Those of you who have a hrsj subscription, does the TVB 24h news channel work? I believe its channel 002, but mine just keep spinning. Some of the other HK channels keep spinning as well (003, 004, 007, 009, 011, 013, 018)

I'm using a mibox
I think there's an issue at the moment..but CP24 work fine
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
6987 posts
978 upvotes
kiasu wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 11:07 pm
Ok thanks, I am testing the waters before giving it to my elderly parents. Those are the main channels i am interested in. Otherwise, yes I did see a bunch of other channels that seem to work.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1687 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
MichaelY573115 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 9:13 am
Fast Fish App still worked (I have it installed on my other Android TV box) , what got locked out is the Moon Box operating system itself. You need to pay $15 USD for the operating system to work. You need to message someone through WeChat or QQ to pay but I don't have the ID for it. Does anyone have the ID so I can message them to unlock my MoonBox?
You pay them once, they’ll know your easy fish and block you again next month and charge you again for another $15 or maybe more next time Smirking Face
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1687 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
A solution is to download no root firewall and block all internet access except hrsj

So the process would be to get the app for hrsj and no root firewall and have it available on usb drive, unplug internet cable and factory reset, then install hrsj and no root without internet

Configure the firewall to block all except hrsj then all should be good and reconnect internet
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1687 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
kiasu wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 11:07 pm
Channels before TVB AU isn’t working for me, I’m on a moonbox m3s
Feb 10, 2004
730 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
Shu wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 1:44 am
A solution is to download no root firewall and block all internet access except hrsj

So the process would be to get the app for hrsj and no root firewall and have it available on usb drive, unplug internet cable and factory reset, then install hrsj and no root without internet

Configure the firewall to block all except hrsj then all should be good and reconnect internet
Factory reset? How do you do that?

"No root firewall" app, wheres do I get the app Play store?

block all except hrsj? How do I block all except hrsj? What port does hrsj use?
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1687 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
killer_chan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 8:37 am
Factory reset? How do you do that?

"No root firewall" app, wheres do I get the app Play store?

block all except hrsj? How do I block all except hrsj? What port does hrsj use?
No root firewall list the apps on the device, you choose what to allow or deny internet

To do factory reset, do a google
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2004
8306 posts
770 upvotes
can someone check if the tvb on hrsj r up?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1687 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
kiasu wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 8:50 am
can someone check if the tvb on hrsj r up?
TVB AU, TVB US were working this morning

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

kattom650