Computers & Electronics

Official Moonbox user thread: 4K Quad Core Moonbox M4S (Moonbox PRO) is HERE!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2017 10:43 pm
Tags:
None
Penalty Box
Feb 10, 2007
9769 posts
1023 upvotes
someone is releasing a firmware for the m3s today to enable the unit again.

for those who want to reuse the moonbox may want to follow this thread

https://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/1486/mo ... ogo#latest
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1679 posts
306 upvotes
Toronto
No root firewall doesn’t seem to work from stopping moonbox from disabling itself.,..actually need a physical firewall, like ddwrt to block the ports of 9011 from reaching 50.7.109.99
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data
Feb 10, 2004
729 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
Shu wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 3:24 pm
No root firewall doesn’t seem to work from stopping moonbox from disabling itself.,..actually need a physical firewall, like ddwrt to block the ports of 9011 from reaching 50.7.109.99
Firewall on router to block port 9011 and address should work?
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1679 posts
306 upvotes
Toronto
After configuring on router, you need to factory reset if you were already being blocked
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2004
8298 posts
768 upvotes
Shu wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 10:08 am
TVB AU, TVB US were working this morning
All are up and working again
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Dec 5, 2004
199 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
Shu wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 6:06 pm
After configuring on router, you need to factory reset if you were already being blocked
Sharing my experience. My M3S got locked last night (with the MAC address showing). I blocked 50.7.109.99 on the firewall as you mentioned (thanks!) and not just TCP 9011, and rebooted the box and it came up without having to factory reset, consider myself lucky and saved some time. It's been running for 20 minutes and so far so good.

BTW, the link that sexyj provided on tvpadtalk has an update, there's now a custom firmware for M3S, but blocking fw is much easier so I won't bother with flashing. For people who do not have a firewall that can block specific outgoing traffic, maybe that's worth a try.

I'll never buy another box like this, understandable they won't provide the service forever, but locking out from the hardware that was paid for, those are crooks.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1679 posts
306 upvotes
Toronto
Stickywire wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 6:59 pm
Sharing my experience. My M3S got locked last night (with the MAC address showing). I blocked 50.7.109.99 on the firewall as you mentioned (thanks!) and not just TCP 9011, and rebooted the box and it came up without having to factory reset, consider myself lucky and saved some time. It's been running for 20 minutes and so far so good.

BTW, the link that sexyj provided on tvpadtalk has an update, there's now a custom firmware for M3S, but blocking fw is much easier so I won't bother with flashing. For people who do not have a firewall that can block specific outgoing traffic, maybe that's worth a try.

I'll never buy another box like this, understandable they won't provide the service forever, but locking out from the hardware that was paid for, those are crooks.
Crooks ransom the use when it was advertised as free service forever after initial purchase

HTV5 and HTV3 is still working fine for me
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1679 posts
306 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone have a link to the latest original moonbox m3s firmware update file?
Dec 15, 2005
138 posts
1 upvote
m3s is the white one.... i got the black m3....can't even get it to reset....
i sticked a toothpick into the AV hole , held it there and plugged the power back in...no reset screen nothing..
not even sure if i'm doing anything wrong..

at this point, I just want to learn how to nuke that 50.7.109.99 server
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2013
4171 posts
472 upvotes
NORTH YORK
softech wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 7:53 pm
m3s is the white or black one?
The naming of those boxes are very confusing. I have M9S from Amazon.ca a while back. It still works and it has nothing to do with Moonbox at all.
Daniel

Fido $15 3Gb plan
free TextmeUp SMS/MMS/incoming call
Mar 23, 2003
923 posts
62 upvotes
Firewall blocking works for the white Moonbox ONLY.
for those who want to try blocking, you can also set up route to redirect that IP traffic back to your router...

the block IP trick does not work for the black moonbox. the black moonbox stuck at the logo screen...
Nov 29, 2007
125 posts
8 upvotes
Credit to benxiong on the other forum.
I can confirm that his fix works on my M3S - ICDrama in Kodi 17 and LAN streaming at least works. Haven't tested other apps yet but the box seems be running back to normal again.
I can go to bed happy now plus I don't have to see that crappy moonbox interface again!
benxiong wrote: The same method with tvpad4 downgrade, please before you begin to do an original backup, because my backup file is not in the original device to do, methods: a sdcard format for fat32, download the file I provided. there are two files after extracting.copy the extracted two files to sdcard, remove the sdcard into the your device, start up the device at the same time press the remote control menu key to enter the recovery mode, after that followed the tvpad4 downgrade video.

M3S only File: https://mega.nz/#!cdZWxSxJ!9R8mPyHzt3km ... 2XJzDdC_nM

Tvpad4 downgrade video: https://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/1071/do ... o-5-054/p1

Test first, if you do not work, then I make a new one
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2005
2800 posts
204 upvotes
Anyone know whether the benxiong fix will work on Moonbox Pro?

Thread Information

There are currently 8 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 5 guests)

benxiong, lurker99, klai