Computers & Electronics

Official Moonbox user thread: 4K Quad Core Moonbox M4S (Moonbox PRO) is HERE!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2017 11:20 am
Jul 14, 2013
239 posts
10 upvotes
Thinking of purchasing the Nvidia Shield. Anyone has experience with it using the hsrj800 app? H265 support? This app has everything I want: live local channels, Chinese channels, and most importantly low subscription cost.

Also planning to get Rogers gigabit internet and an ac1900 router, if that matters.

Thanks
Nov 24, 2017
5 posts
2 upvotes
hanson167 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 5:54 pm
I successfully get the black screen several times with the counting method. But wait after few min, still doesn't have the android screen. Any other trick to reset m3? Thanks
Hello hanson167,
In my counting method, I only connected a usb keyboard and no sd card required. The box has reset the factory setting from its own internal memory.
This happened to me a few time. I just unplug the power cord. Press the reset pin for 5 seconds then release it. Wait another 10 seconds repeat the counting process again.
This might clear up all unfinished internal processing and hanging if any.
You might try the above method one or two times.
Just be patient and slowly will do the job.
The critical point is *** do not forget to block the router *** to stop the lockup once the box reset and reboot to factory setting.
Hope this works for you.
Nov 24, 2017
5 posts
2 upvotes
drdtyc wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 4:40 pm
Install and open the Shafa Market app.

IMG_20171126_164303.jpg

Go to Tools> About Device

IMG_20171126_164336.jpg

It may show Root Access = Open.
if so, no need to root.

I have never rooted my M3S but it is already rooted.
Hi drdtyc,
Really appreciated your quick response.
I have look up my device info and it shows Root Access = Closed.
I guess I am not that fortune to have a rooted Moon Box M3. :(
Thanks again.
Nov 17, 2017
7 posts
actng wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 5:41 pm
lots of options... how much do you want to spend?
Around CAD 150, please advise.
Nov 27, 2017
4 posts
Hi All

I think I screwed up my black M3. I load wrong firmware in and now can't get to the android screen. I think I need an .img firmware file to manual flash into it. Can anyone help, please.

bec
Penalty Box
Feb 10, 2007
9841 posts
1057 upvotes
You can buy a funtv for roughly $160 on ebay.

The content is pretty good and live tv section is comparable and respectable.

https://tvpadnews.com/2017/06/07/funtv- ... 92-review/

Beware of the resellers in this thread trying to sell you something.
chiuwsc wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 3:33 pm
Around CAD 150, please advise.
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]
Penalty Box
Feb 10, 2007
9841 posts
1057 upvotes
Have you try looking at this thread?

https://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/1486/mo ... irmware/p3
bec1345 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 4:56 pm
Hi All

I think I screwed up my black M3. I load wrong firmware in and now can't get to the android screen. I think I need an .img firmware file to manual flash into it. Can anyone help, please.

bec
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]
Nov 27, 2017
4 posts
I try it, but I can not even get to the android screen for sd or usb card firmware update. I think I can only use usb burn tool to flash it with the firmware img file. THX.

or anyone have other idea?
Sep 30, 2005
320 posts
8 upvotes
Aurora
Would like to know if the "look back" of hsrj800 app is running properly and smoothly.

Thanks for the advice in advance!
Oct 28, 2017
10 posts
14 upvotes
bec1345 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 8:11 pm
I try it, but I can not even get to the android screen for sd or usb card firmware update. I think I can only use usb burn tool to flash it with the firmware img file. THX.

or anyone have other idea?
Try to use the mouse to connect the device to see what reaction, if you use the upgrade package, please re-download the upgrade package, because the previous upgrade package has a problem, I put the wrong launch caused a black screen, I uploaded a new upgrade yesterday No change in the name of the package, where I say sorry to those who have a black screen
Feb 8, 2017
43 posts
12 upvotes
Kuala Lumpur
benxiong wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 3:01 pm
Try to use the mouse to connect the device to see what reaction, if you use the upgrade package, please re-download the upgrade package, because the previous upgrade package has a problem, I put the wrong launch caused a black screen, I uploaded a new upgrade yesterday No change in the name of the package, where I say sorry to those who have a black screen
Hi Benxiong,

May I know where can i download the M3 firmware package? or can you post the link here? Many thanks!
Dec 19, 2004
110 posts
2 upvotes
Anyone know how to block the IP and port on a stock Asus RT-AC68U router?

Here's where I have it now but doesn't seem to work. It got blocked again after I wiped it.
Under Firewall->Network Services Filter, If this is right place, what should the source and destination IP be and how do I enter the range of port numbers?
block.JPG

Or do I need to do it here under Lan->Route? If this is the right place, what values should I be entering?
block2.JPG

Thanks!
Nov 24, 2017
5 posts
2 upvotes
Hi,
Try to leave the first and the second column >> source IP blank (no entry) and Port Range blank (no entry).
Keep the destination IP and the related Port range as is.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Kanatasouth