Computers & Electronics

Official Moonbox user thread: 4K Quad Core Moonbox M4S (Moonbox PRO) is HERE!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2017 11:20 am
Mar 23, 2003
939 posts
66 upvotes
use route and route that IP back to your gateway (eg. 192.168.1.1)
croyd wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 7:26 pm
Anyone know how to block the IP and port on a stock Asus RT-AC68U router?

Here's where I have it now but doesn't seem to work. It got blocked again after I wiped it.
Under Firewall->Network Services Filter, If this is right place, what should the source and destination IP be and how do I enter the range of port numbers?
block.JPG

Or do I need to do it here under Lan->Route? If this is the right place, what values should I be entering?

block2.JPG

Thanks!
Nov 29, 2017
6 posts
Buayaman wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 3:38 am
You need to do your factory reset again. After that, (DO NOT CONNECT YOUR BOX TO THE INTERNET YET) install the dangbei launcher and launch the new launcher. In the new launcher, goto settings > Apps > all > MBUI > uncheck notifications > clear data. Exit from the Settings. On your remote, select the "home" button, a windows message appear, checked on the box and select the dangbei icon. restart your box, when rebooting, a prompt will appear asking you to select a home launcher, select dangbei and then select "Always".
Hi Buayaman,

I am sorry for the newbie question, but would you be able to give me a quick walk thru on how to install dangbei launcher and how to get to "settings > Apps > all > MBUI > uncheck notifications > clear data. "?

I have Moon Box Pro, dotted vents version and was able to reset the unit. However, I have no luck blocking TCP filter in my Asus RT-N66U router running Merlin firmware.

I downloaded the dangbei APK and installed via App Installer from the standard MB user interface.

When I powered off and on the box, I was never prompted to choose which launcher I want to use. And when I opened dangbei launcher within the MBUI, plug in my ethernet cable, the MB got locked out.

also my other questions is i whether i can install other generic apps, like FxxTV, etc. from the dangbei launcher

thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Oct 28, 2017
10 posts
14 upvotes
Skorp1on wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 6:40 pm
Hi Buayaman,

I am sorry for the newbie question, but would you be able to give me a quick walk thru on how to install dangbei launcher and how to get to "settings > Apps > all > MBUI > uncheck notifications > clear data. "?

I have Moon Box Pro, dotted vents version and was able to reset the unit. However, I have no luck blocking TCP filter in my Asus RT-N66U router running Merlin firmware.

I downloaded the dangbei APK and installed via App Installer from the standard MB user interface.

When I powered off and on the box, I was never prompted to choose which launcher I want to use. And when I opened dangbei launcher within the MBUI, plug in my ethernet cable, the MB got locked out.

also my other questions is i whether i can install other generic apps, like FxxTV, etc. from the dangbei launcher

Installing a new launch can not work on Moonbox pro.
Nov 29, 2017
6 posts
benxiong wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 7:22 pm
Installing a new launch can not work on Moonbox pro.
thanks benxiong.
i see. what option(s) is available to me? i saw in one thread you have released M3S firmware but it can't be used with Moonbox Pro (M4S).
Feb 8, 2017
43 posts
12 upvotes
Kuala Lumpur
Skorp1on wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 6:40 pm
Hi Buayaman,

Hi Skorp1on,
That method works only on the black M3 unit and does not work on the MPro unit. For your Mpro unit, you'll need to download Benxiong's customised firmware (link below) into a mini SD Card. Please follow the below steps to hard reset and update your MPro box:
1. Unplug all cables from your MPro unit. Insert the SD card into the SD Card slot, plug in your wireless mouse USB dongle
2. Plug in your HDMI cable first,
3. At the bottom of your MPro box select the tiny update button (lower right corner), press and hold while plugging in your power cable
4. Only release the "update" button when the "TEAWIN" flash screen appear
5. Swipe to begin restore, > Select Restore > Select Storage > Select SD Card storage > Select the file displayed and click "OK" > MAKE SURE Both options data & system are checked > Swipe to restore
6. Select Reboot , it will ask you if you want to root, SELECT YES /OK to begin.

MPro customised firmware by Benxiong
https://mega.nz/#!9JoHDZjK!MSfkS7V8-yQ1 ... oc1uaMMPBg
Nov 29, 2017
6 posts
Buayaman wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 8:05 pm
Hi Skorp1on,
That method works only on the black M3 unit and does not work on the MPro unit. For your Mpro unit, you'll need to download Benxiong's customised firmware (link below) into a mini SD Card. Please follow the below steps to hard reset and update your MPro box:
1. Unplug all cables from your MPro unit. Insert the SD card into the SD Card slot, plug in your wireless mouse USB dongle
2. Plug in your HDMI cable first,
3. At the bottom of your MPro box select the tiny update button (lower right corner), press and hold while plugging in your power cable
4. Only release the "update" button when the "TEAWIN" flash screen appear
5. Swipe to begin restore, > Select Restore > Select Storage > Select SD Card storage > Select the file displayed and click "OK" > MAKE SURE Both options data & system are checked > Swipe to restore
6. Select Reboot , it will ask you if you want to root, SELECT YES /OK to begin.

MPro customised firmware by Benxiong
https://mega.nz/#!9JoHDZjK!MSfkS7V8-yQ1 ... oc1uaMMPBg
Hi Buayaman

Thanks for the reply.
I have been holding the "update" button while plugging in the power cable but "TEAWIN" flash screen does not appear

it brings me to the Android recovery screen with several items. Is that what you meant? Should I choose "apply update from EXT" and go through the firmware update process while also wiping data and cache?

thanks again in advance
Feb 8, 2017
43 posts
12 upvotes
Kuala Lumpur
Skorp1on wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 9:57 pm
Hi Buayaman

Thanks for the reply.
I have been holding the "update" button while plugging in the power cable but "TEAWIN" flash screen does not appear

it brings me to the Android recovery screen with several items. Is that what you meant? Should I choose "apply update from EXT" and go through the firmware update process while also wiping data and cache?

thanks again in advance
That's the standard Android reset page. Did you download the firmware from the link into the SD card? If you did, did u insert the SD Card into the box before you start doing the above steps? If you had done all these, there will be a different interface reset page than the standard Android reset page shown.
Nov 29, 2017
6 posts
Buayaman wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 12:44 am
That's the standard Android reset page. Did you download the firmware from the link into the SD card? If you did, did u insert the SD Card into the box before you start doing the above steps? If you had done all these, there will be a different interface reset page than the standard Android reset page shown.
yes, I took all those steps as prescribed.

on the other hand, it looks like i was able to get the network filter working. wound up resinstalling App Garden and then downloaded/installed TV Treasures to download/install FastFish, Fast VOD, etc. which all seems to be working again. The question of how long still remains.

Is it still advisable to go with Benxiong's customized firmware?
Feb 8, 2017
43 posts
12 upvotes
Kuala Lumpur
Skorp1on wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 7:15 am
yes, I took all those steps as prescribed.

on the other hand, it looks like i was able to get the network filter working. wound up resinstalling App Garden and then downloaded/installed TV Treasures to download/install FastFish, Fast VOD, etc. which all seems to be working again. The question of how long still remains.

Is it still advisable to go with Benxiong's customized firmware?
On the long run, I'd suggest to go with a customised firmware as we all are not sure how far the filter will hold. Anyway, here's the youtube link on how to flash your Moonbox Pro firmware :
Nov 27, 2017
4 posts
@Buayaman Since I can't get on the android update screen, is that any where I can get the firmware .img file for Black M3 box? I can only connect it with USB burn tools to flash it with .img file.

I try down load the Black_moonbox_M3_test file to the SD and follow the step, but what I have is the black screen only. :(
Dec 24, 2005
78 posts
4 upvotes
Hi Buayaman

I am also lost at holding the "update" button part where the "TEAWIN" flash screen never appear.
It also brings me to the Android recovery screen with several items. Can anyone confirm is there
any special tool need to "write" the recovery.img to the sd card or I just need to copy this file over.

Thanks again in advance
Nov 29, 2017
6 posts
Buayaman wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 10:47 am
On the long run, I'd suggest to go with a customised firmware as we all are not sure how far the filter will hold. Anyway, here's the youtube link on how to flash your Moonbox Pro firmware :
thanks. i have not tried it as per the youtube video. perhaps my problem is that I only copied the custom firmware zip file to the SD card as is before unzipping all the files to it. The MBPro might need to see certain file(s) on the SD card in order to boot up to the "TEAWIN" flash screen.

with the filter currently working, i am kind of tempted to just keep it as is and see how it goes. in case the filter can no longer hold, then i guess there's always the option to flash it to the customized firmware.

I do also have an M3S that might try to install a new launch to turn it into a generic android box and try out of the non-subscription based TV apps.

again, i appreciate all your help and patience.

we have to blast the greedy person who set the lock on all our Moonboxes just for their personal gains!
Feb 8, 2017
43 posts
12 upvotes
Kuala Lumpur
bec1345 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 2:19 pm
@Buayaman Since I can't get on the android update screen, is that any where I can get the firmware .img file for Black M3 box? I can only connect it with USB burn tools to flash it with .img file.

I try down load the Black_moonbox_M3_test file to the SD and follow the step, but what I have is the black screen only. :(
There's a new updated M3 firmware uploaded by Benxiong to rectify the black screen issue with the M3 unit. Please goto post #4168 on page 278 for the download link
Feb 8, 2017
43 posts
12 upvotes
Kuala Lumpur
herbertlee wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 4:25 pm
Hi Buayaman

I am also lost at holding the "update" button part where the "TEAWIN" flash screen never appear.
It also brings me to the Android recovery screen with several items. Can anyone confirm is there
any special tool need to "write" the recovery.img to the sd card or I just need to copy this file over.

Thanks again in advance
Is your unit the MPro? When you downloaded the files from the link, ONLY UNZIP the file ONCE. Copy the unzip files into your SD card and follow the procedure in the video or the ones I've posted on Skorp1on
May 3, 2011
55 posts
2 upvotes
Can anybody help me regarding the blocking?

I have the asus RT-N66U... I thought I had it blocked, but after I reset my black moonbox and wanted to download an app (so I connected to my wifi) and the blue moonbox logo overlay screen came up again. I entered the IPs and port range as listed on from this thread in the firewall options, as well as LAN route, and URL filter (idk about this stuff that much, so I just copied what ppl have written on the thread)

or does this method not work with my moonbox? (I think it's M3? It's the black one)

EDIT: Okay nvm, I got it to work.. Idk which one of the network services filters I added worked...but one of them did and make sure you've enabled it. (Last pic I've uploaded) And I removed both the route LAN & URL filter
Images
  • Screenshot-2017-12-1 ASUS Wireless Router RT-N66U - Network Services Filter(1).png
  • Screenshot-2017-12-1 ASUS Wireless Router RT-N66U - URL Filter.png
  • Screenshot-2017-12-1 ASUS Wireless Router RT-N66U - Route.png
  • sc.png

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

Kanatasouth