Computers & Electronics

Official Moonbox user thread: 4K Quad Core Moonbox M4S (Moonbox PRO) is HERE!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2017 11:20 am
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1732 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto
Skorp1on wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 6:36 pm
thanks. i have not tried it as per the youtube video. perhaps my problem is that I only copied the custom firmware zip file to the SD card as is before unzipping all the files to it. The MBPro might need to see certain file(s) on the SD card in order to boot up to the "TEAWIN" flash screen.

with the filter currently working, i am kind of tempted to just keep it as is and see how it goes. in case the filter can no longer hold, then i guess there's always the option to flash it to the customized firmware.

I do also have an M3S that might try to install a new launch to turn it into a generic android box and try out of the non-subscription based TV apps.

again, i appreciate all your help and patience.

we have to blast the greedy person who set the lock on all our Moonboxes just for their personal gains!
Don’t fix it if it ain’t broken, if you try it might just break what was working
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1732 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto
helloo wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 8:23 pm
Can anybody help me regarding the blocking?

I have the asus RT-N66U... I thought I had it blocked, but after I reset my black moonbox and wanted to download an app (so I connected to my wifi) and the blue moonbox logo overlay screen came up again. I entered the IPs and port range as listed on from this thread in the firewall options, as well as LAN route, and URL filter (idk about this stuff that much, so I just copied what ppl have written on the thread)

or does this method not work with my moonbox? (I think it's M3? It's the black one)

EDIT: Okay nvm, I got it to work.. Idk which one of the network services filters I added worked...but one of them did and make sure you've enabled it. (Last pic I've uploaded) And I removed both the route LAN & URL filter
The 2nd rule is probably what did it, it has the destination and port
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6851 posts
1002 upvotes
Thanks guys, got my early gen M3S working now by resetting the unit with Benxiong firmware.

However, Benxiong's firmware didn't actually fix the problem right, it just reset my unit, correct ?? If I go to another house where the 9011 port is not blocked, my M3S would get the blue screen again, right ??
Buayaman wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 3:29 am

You need to use the firmware Benxiong created and copy it into the SD Card. First, download the zip files from the link, then unzip the file, copy the 2 files into your SD Card and insert it into your M3S. Then press and hold on to the "update" button while plugging in your power cable. A new reset screen "teawin" will appear. release the update button and proceed to "RESTORE". DO NOT select "WIPE". Insert a wireless USB mouse for ease of navigation.

https://mega.nz/#!cdZWxSxJ!9R8mPyHzt3km ... 2XJzDdC_nM
Shu wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 4:16 am
Most m3s boxes, I had to reset, some I didn’t have to do a reset

Get the block working, then try powering off for a minute or two then power on again, if the block come back then do the reset (factory reset)
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Dec 2, 2017
2 posts
Anyone using Moonbox C? Its locked and I haven't found any solutions so far. Thanks a lot for your help.
Dec 2, 2017
3 posts
Hey - I've tried to go through the last few pages of this thread to see if I could find the answer I'm looking for but was unable to find out anything so Im posting my question, hopefully some of you might have the answers to already - thanks in advance I appreciate your help.

So I brought my mom a moonbox last year around this time, she recently told me it stopped working a few months back and nothing seems to work. I brought it back to the place I got it from and they told me they'll give me a $50 discount for another A2 box but it would still cost me $200. Obviously I don't want to spend another $200 so I'm looking to see if there is anything else I am able to do with the Moonbox pro at this time for my mom to stream chinese (canto) live tv? Or is the moonbox just another android box at this point?

thanks again for your help
Nov 29, 2017
6 posts
poonasor wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 4:47 pm
Hey - I've tried to go through the last few pages of this thread to see if I could find the answer I'm looking for but was unable to find out anything so Im posting my question, hopefully some of you might have the answers to already - thanks in advance I appreciate your help.

So I brought my mom a moonbox last year around this time, she recently told me it stopped working a few months back and nothing seems to work. I brought it back to the place I got it from and they told me they'll give me a $50 discount for another A2 box but it would still cost me $200. Obviously I don't want to spend another $200 so I'm looking to see if there is anything else I am able to do with the Moonbox pro at this time for my mom to stream chinese (canto) live tv? Or is the moonbox just another android box at this point?

first i think you have to be specific as far as what kind of moonbox you have for some of the folks to help.

if you are referring to app, you might not be aware that people are using the Fastfish app for canto streams, which you have to pay an annual subscription fee.

on top of that, you will have to set your network router to filter the a specific IP address and port so that your moonbox doesn't get locked. if it is locked out, you will have to perform a reset procedure.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1732 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto
DeeDee120 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 2:59 am
Anyone using Moonbox C? Its locked and I haven't found any solutions so far. Thanks a lot for your help.
So...they’re blocking those things too?
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1732 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto
poonasor wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 4:47 pm

Yes...if it works...it’s just another android box now

Need separate service for canto stuff now
Dec 2, 2017
3 posts
Skorp1on wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 10:55 pm
first i think you have to be specific as far as what kind of moonbox you have for some of the folks to help.

if you are referring to app, you might not be aware that people are using the Fastfish app for canto streams, which you have to pay an annual subscription fee.

on top of that, you will have to set your network router to filter the a specific IP address and port so that your moonbox doesn't get locked. if it is locked out, you will have to perform a reset procedure.
I have a moonbox pro, I believe it was the 3rd generation. Do you have any instructions on how I would setup my router? Where can i find this fast fish subscription?

Shu wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 9:30 am
Yes...if it works...it’s just another android box now

Need separate service for canto stuff now
Where can I find this service? Is it available online?

I appreciate all the help, thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1732 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto
poonasor wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 11:00 am
I have a moonbox pro, I believe it was the 3rd generation. Do you have any instructions on how I would setup my router? Where can i find this fast fish subscription?

Where can I find this service? Is it available online?

I appreciate all the help, thanks
All the info you want is in this thread you just need to look, there’s no need to repeat the same info over and over...
Jun 12, 2009
10 posts
Toronto
OK, I've just successfully performed a reset on my black M3 after having been blocked out for a few days.

First, like the others said, block 50.7.109.99 and port 9011 as mentioned on posts before.
(i.e. (1) Block all traffic to 50.7.109.99, block TCP traffic to port 9011 for all IP. You should be able to set the router to block these for the Moonbox's MAC address only)

Then on the router, watch this video:

I know it's not a Moonbox on this video, but, chances are that these made-in-China boxes share motherboard - notice that the "AV" port actually serves as a reset button on this video. So, I tried depressing it (and holding) with a toothpaste while powering on - you'll feel a click inside, and both before and after the Moonbox boot screen. And then various things happened:

- it seemed to stay on the black screen (with a square at the top left corner)
- it seemed hung at the rotating Moonbox logo

I also at various times have plugged in a USB keyboard/mouse combo, not sure if it helped.

A few attempts later, the machine booted after what seemed to be an eternity at a black screen (with square at the top left corner), and it booted into "Safe Mode".

In Safe Mode, you can factory reset the box, enable Developer Mode and ADB (just in case).

All the custom MoonBox apps are gone and the "App Garden" doesn't work. At least I can use it as an Android box or a WiFi Hotspot.

Hope it helps.

P.S. The usual trick of Vol+ and Vol- into Safe Mode did not work. Nor have I tried pressing the menu button while booting.
Dec 2, 2017
2 posts
Yes, they blocked it too. Is there any way I can obtain the firmware and reformat or root it?
Nov 17, 2017
7 posts
sorinae wrote:
Nov 25th, 2017 4:43 pm
Yeah, just got this reply from QQ as well. Just have to wait.
Hi,
I am thinking to subscribe the hrsjiptv app for live TV channel. Does it work well with moonbox? How to install their apk file into moonbox?
Thanks.
Dec 19, 2004
110 posts
2 upvotes
Is there any custom firmware for the Moonbox M3S with the dots on the back (not vertical lines). I think someone here was saying that the custom firmware only works with the vertical line vents. Also is there any way to put a stock android build on the box instead of the Moonbox UI?

Thanks!
Nov 16, 2017
5 posts
chiuwsc wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 6:16 pm
Hi,
I am thinking to subscribe the hrsjiptv app for live TV channel. Does it work well with moonbox? How to install their apk file into moonbox?
Thanks.
I bought another android box to install hrsj on. The Leelbox Q2 mini. Any android box that lets you dig into the file system can install the apk.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Kanatasouth