Computers & Electronics

Official Moonbox user thread: 4K Quad Core Moonbox M4S (Moonbox PRO) is HERE!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2017 7:48 pm
Dec 2, 2017
3 posts
Shu wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 12:50 pm

All the info you want is in this thread you just need to look, there’s no need to repeat the same info over and over...
Thanks, I did a quick search on this tread and all I found were people saying fast fish is a scam.

I did more digging and found an app/service called napper, anyone try this out?
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
2333 posts
1602 upvotes
Markham
poonasor wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 2:46 pm
Thanks, I did a quick search on this tread and all I found were people saying fast fish is a scam.

I did more digging and found an app/service called napper, anyone try this out?
I am quite happy with my FastFish subscription. I have been using its 7 day lookback app and its live stream app. I do not use its VOD app.
Mar 23, 2003
939 posts
66 upvotes
drdtyc wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 3:48 pm
I am quite happy with my FastFish subscription. I have been using its 7 day lookback app and its live stream app. I do not use its VOD app.
do they have a website now ? I know they used to mainly use wechat for support
Dec 6, 2017
2 posts
Hi all,

I am having issue with performing IP block. Not sure where to go. I am using Bell Hub 2000. All I could see I port forwarding and I tried to create rule and putting the Moonbox IP address but it has internal and external port that I have to put it. Can someone using bell advise how to block. My moonbox white gets locked but I tried wiping it and it works but as soon as I plug in my internet, it gets blocked again.
Any help will help to enable block on bell router
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1731 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto
Memyselfu wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 12:17 am
Hi all,

I am having issue with performing IP block. Not sure where to go. I am using Bell Hub 2000. All I could see I port forwarding and I tried to create rule and putting the Moonbox IP address but it has internal and external port that I have to put it. Can someone using bell advise how to block. My moonbox white gets locked but I tried wiping it and it works but as soon as I plug in my internet, it gets blocked again.
Any help will help to enable block on bell router
I would suggest getting a good router, others saying that bell thing you have don’t got the options that we want to use, I don’t own and have never used that so call bell thing that you’ve got...
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data
Dec 6, 2017
2 posts
Shu wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 10:28 am
I would suggest getting a good router, others saying that bell thing you have don’t got the options that we want to use, I don’t own and have never used that so call bell thing that you’ve got...
Thanks Shu, I did call Bell and they are not able to help with the first level of technician. I need to subscribe one year for tech expert then they will help to assist me with all t cynical issue. The option I see in bell is to block the device and I will see if this works.
Question is now I have wiped out all the data from Moonboox and it’s booting up and not showing blocked. Do I need to install a different firmware? If yes, could someone share the firmware.I have white moonbox with doted style at back ( not pro version)

Thanks
Oct 31, 2007
21 posts
3 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Buayaman wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 1:27 am
I think I know what's the issue now,, it's not because you need to block the website with your router/ firewall, it's the box itself. Please refer to the picture below. I believe now that the M3S model has 2 different versions. The one on the right with its vertical vents were the first batch distributed when they first became available and this is the one that works with Benxiong's M3S firmware, the one on the left with its dotted vents were later introduced at the later stage and it is this model that does not work with Benxiong's firmware. I've tried restoring 3 models of the one with the vertical vents and all of them work without any issues but the ones with the dotted vents do not work at all and giving out the failed message "Unable to find partition size../boot". So far, the ones which i restored work well and do not need any IP / Port blocking from my router. Check if yours (M3S) is the one with dotted vents at the bottom, I'm pretty sure it is.

https://postimg.org/image/mr8pg0e8l/
I get same failed message "Unable to find partition size../boot" on two moonboxes with dotted vents.
Anyone find solution. Thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1731 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto
tennisgolfer wrote:
Dec 9th, 2017 5:16 pm
I get same failed message "Unable to find partition size../boot" on two moonboxes with dotted vents.
Anyone find solution. Thanks
I heard the solution was to not use that firmware, just need the proper firmware update
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data
Jun 24, 2005
402 posts
38 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Ok, this is how I reset my black Moonbox 3+.

1) Unplug your Ethernet wire if you have it hardwired.
2) Unplug the power.
3) Use a toothpick to push the reset button in the AV plug (if your moonbox version has this hidden button) and count to ten quickly.
4) Keep pushing the reset button and plug in the power cable and count to 15 quickly. Then release the button.
5) The Moonbox should go black then boot up on the first logo screen
6) Then it will go black again before booting up.
7) You will see a screen where you select your language, then another screen accepting the Moonbox agreement.
8) After accepting the agreement, you will see all your apps erased. Just the main Moonbox apps remain.
9) Go to settings, then click on data and backup and reset the device (erase everything).
9) Do not plug your Ethernet cable back in or it will get locked again (I am trying to figure out how to block the address and port 9011 from the previous posts).
10) Download on your PC http://www.dangbei.com/zhuomian/ and copy it onto an SD card and plug the SD card into the moonbox and install it.

BTW, I have another USB remote plugged in the Moonbox, and I was using it to select the language and accept the agreement. I didn't try the original Moonbox remote.

ADDITION
As mentioned in previous posts, using Dang Bei will not lock the black moonbox 3. If you hit the home button on the remote, you will go back to the Moonbox launcher and it will lock up.
But if you turn on/off the Moonbox, it will automatically run Dang Bei and unlock the machine.
Dec 9, 2017
1 posts
Hey all, thanks for all the hard work on this forum.

My parents have the white moonbox pro which they use to watch VODs. We have been able to get past the 15/mo scam.

Recently we've found that many VODs on the apps we use with the M and Q symbols have been put behind paywalls.

Has anyone been able to circumvent this, or found an alternative way to watch VODs?

Thanks,
J
Nov 10, 2017
5 posts
8 upvotes
In case someone still needs to unlock the block screen of M3S Moonbox (3 different types of M3S version), please visit the following Youtube for more information.

Mar 23, 2003
939 posts
66 upvotes
Jamiemagrill wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 2:13 pm
Hey all, thanks for all the hard work on this forum.

My parents have the white moonbox pro which they use to watch VODs. We have been able to get past the 15/mo scam.

Recently we've found that many VODs on the apps we use with the M and Q symbols have been put behind paywalls.

Has anyone been able to circumvent this, or found an alternative way to watch VODs?

Thanks,
J
what are the M or Q apps??

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

DeeDee120