Computers & Electronics

Official Moonbox user thread: 4K Quad Core Moonbox M4S (Moonbox PRO) is HERE!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2021 4:43 am
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17118 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
projectmoonlightcafe wrote: Yes the apps in the App Garden. I think after you select the Audio/Video section it lists like 20 or 30 hot apps. I also want to know what people suggest to install on XBMC...I tried some of the ones on the XBMC thread, but I didn't like them.

Hmm...I thought there were some channels in HK that you had to pay for like Star or something...googling shows they are all defunct now...lol. I haven't lived in HK for 15 years, didn't know they were gone.
TVApps Garden... I installed almost all of the "relevant" ones... but the only one I recommend is the Sports Fan World (see post #2) and that's about it. The rest are niche like cartoons. The one I use the most is Cloud VOD which I think is already preinstalled for all the movies and episodes. And obviously the live streaming apps.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17118 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
BenK wrote: can the moonbox be rooted?
In theory yes. But I haven't figured out how to boot into recovery yet... you know... without the power/volume buttons like there are on the phones/tabs.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
5485 posts
2762 upvotes
actng wrote: In theory yes. But I haven't figured out how to boot into recovery yet... you know... without the power/volume buttons like there are on the phones/tabs.
have you tried the volume and power button on the remote?

jk. lol :razz:
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17118 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
BenK wrote: have you tried the volume and power button on the remote?

jk. lol :razz:
i actually have lol
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17118 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
updated first post with resolutions for audio sync problem and vertical picture stretch
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17118 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
did anyone install 球迷TV for F1 coverage yet?
I tried to install this for my friend today and ran into some issues.
had to go into COUCH MANAGER to update the app before it included F1
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4662 posts
960 upvotes
Toronto
Quick question guys...while the default video app can play 10gb mkv files off my external hdd, looks like there's no DTS support. Any way around this?

Also, for the video and audio sync solution suggestions, u may want to include the fact u need to change to advance settings instead go standard settings to see the options.
Board games!!!!
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
4205 posts
505 upvotes
Calgary
What it the model and price for the single core vs dual core? Thx
6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17118 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
kocoman wrote: What it the model and price for the single core vs dual core? Thx
street/retail price:
single core: $230
dual core: $300

SIG electronics has the dual core version on sale for $240+tax.

My group buy is far below the single core price for the dual core version. PM for details, or check the group buy thread.
Sep 19, 2014
4 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
Hi, I got a moonbox III today, after delete couple apps from desktop, I can only put 11 apps on the desktop. When I tried to put the 12th apps on it, it tells me it is full!
Is there anyway to fix this problem, so I can put 12 apps on desktop?
Sep 19, 2014
4 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
EdT586 wrote: Thanks, I got it to work on a regular Android box ! :D
Mind backing up others like HK Live, HK Vision, HK Variety and Live HK ?
All these doesn't work on regular Android box, I know because I tried them. Authentication by the server will fail. So what is the point?
Dec 27, 2006
495 posts
28 upvotes
actng wrote: XBMC

Audio Sync issue
In XBMC, the default settings often cause an audio sync issue where the audio does not match the video. There are a few settings that did the trick for me.

1. Settings | Videos | Playback
2. SELECT : Sync playback to display
3. A/V Sync method : "Video clock (Drop/Dupe Audio)" or "Video clock (resample audio)". DO NOT use Audio Clock.

Video Resolution issue
In XBMC, some movies played through the add-ons like Mashup incorrectly stretch the picture vertically. What should have been a 2.35:1 movie gets stretched into 16:9... making cars seem shorter and people skinnier and taller. If you search the internet, there are a bunch of incorrect suggestions that don't work or apply for Moonbox.

The default settings have hardware acceleration turned on for video. Once I turned them off, the picture resolution was perfect.

1. Settings | Videos | Acceleration
2. Decoding method : Hardware accelerated
3. Allow hardware
where did you find the settings for acceleration and playback in Xbmc? I went to videos and settings and I dont see those settings there
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17118 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
rockinthesuburbs wrote: where did you find the settings for acceleration and playback in Xbmc? I went to videos and settings and I dont see those settings there
projectmoonlightcafe wrote: Also, for the video and audio sync solution suggestions, u may want to include the fact u need to change to advance settings instead go standard settings to see the options.
make sure you change to advanced/expert settings to see the options.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17118 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
In Mashup... I found lots of TV content... from all the channels to 24/7 streams of Simpsons, Big Bang, X Files, Star Trek, etc. etc. etc. Will update first post when I get back in front of my Moonbox.
Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
7398 posts
1338 upvotes
Are you guys getting buffering with the CloudTV app ?, this makes it unwatchable buffering every couple of seconds !
Dec 27, 2006
495 posts
28 upvotes
EdT586 wrote: Are you guys getting buffering with the CloudTV app ?, this makes it unwatchable buffering every couple of seconds !
Only with some of the reality shows like Voice of China and Dad Where are you going (i'm guessing cause they're streaming from sohu or some chinese streaming site), but I was able to find those shows on other apps (in better quality) and I didn't experience any buffering in the other apps. Discovery World HD is buffering like crazy though

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)