- $385,000 remaining (home value ~$850,000)
- Combined annual income of ~$180,000; both have good credit and no other debt
- Location: Fraser Valley, BC
I am being offered a 3.04% 5YF from my current lender. I have been leaning towards renewing with a variable. I have been offered a good 5YV from a broker: 2.35% (prime – 0.85%). I have the choice of Equitable or First National.
- How do both the 5YF and 5YV look? Can I do better?
- Should I have any concerns borrowing from either Equitable or First National?
Any other suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.