None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
2770 posts
294 upvotes
Markham

[Official] Nobis thread

Been in the retail business for about a year with Nobis.

Ask away

FAQ:

Why is the poly wool version $100 more? Is there a quality difference?
Indeed there is. It achieves higher thermal resistance, improved water management capabilities, less water absorption and improved evaporation. Wool is more expensive than cotton, hence the slightly higher price tag. It also prevents any pilling that you see on the crosshatch version.

How do I wash my Nobis jacket?
They are machine washable, dry cleaning is not mandatory. However, DO NOT ADD fabric softener when washing. This removes the Durable Water Repellent coating (DWR) making it unable to repel water. Nobis recommends washing the jacket inside out on gentle cool/warm setting, and dryer on medium setting.

Why is it so much harder to get a hold of a Nobis jacket than Canada Goose?
It's because Nobis does not mass produce, they make a specific amount per season.

If I want my jacket to be sent for warranty, where does it go?
It goes to the Nobis Head Office after being approved by the store you purchased from. (PO Box 3648 STN Industrial Park L3R 6G9 Markham, ON) Nobis requires you to provide them your receipt for your warranty to be valid so please keep this important document.

Why can't I find a Nobis jacket in moss green anymore?
This color was discontinued since 2011.

How come my Nobis jacket says it's in made in Canada but my friend says their jacket is made in China?
Nobis started having their products made in China around F/W 2010/2011. It is still a great product nonetheless.

Fun facts:
-The designers for Canada Goose were the same as Nobis
-Authentic Couture in China Town Center was the first store in Canada to carry Nobis
-Nobis was featured in the movie Resident Evil Retribution (September 2012)
AVOID buying dashcams from BlackBoxMyCar (BBMC) Read about their lies and unethical tactics HERE.
736 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2871 posts
216 upvotes
Toronto
Why not post this FAQ in the Nobis thread?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
2770 posts
294 upvotes
Markham
Irbe wrote:
Jan 8th, 2013 12:26 pm
Why not post this FAQ in the Nobis thread?
I don't consider a review of a jacket to be a Nobis thread.
AVOID buying dashcams from BlackBoxMyCar (BBMC) Read about their lies and unethical tactics HERE.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
1307 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto
I still don't think they should have moved production to China. If they want to compete with CG they should have kept production in Canada. I don't believe that most factories in Canada are reserved for CG. CG has actually changed their factories a few times just in Toronto. There are factories that would be willing to make Nobis jackets. (I only know because my family is part of one of the ex factories of CG)
kthxbye
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2010
2949 posts
133 upvotes

It's because Nobis does not mass produce, they make a specific amount for a season.
That's why it goes on sale amirite
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2871 posts
216 upvotes
Toronto
EnyCe wrote:
Jan 8th, 2013 12:11 pm
Been in the retail business for about a year with Nobis.

Ask away

FAQ:
Why did Nobis switch their production to China from Canada?

They couldn't keep up with the demand, it wasn't because of expenses. The majority of the factories here in Canada are reserved for Canada Goose.

It's because Nobis does not mass produce, they make a specific amount for a season.

So wait, Nobis moved their production to China to keep up with DEMAND, but at the same time its not massed produced? I'm a little confused here :confused:
Banned
Nov 22, 2012
210 posts
13 upvotes
Mississauga
anyone find the TAT zipper is much harder to zip up compare to the CG YKK zippers? or is it just me
Mar 5, 2008
341 posts
30 upvotes
i just got my first Nobis this season. its dope as hell, and i love how low-key alot of these Winter apparel manufacturers are making their clothing now. (Nobis, CMFR, OSC) Blacked out logos, and just unique design to get people looking.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4914 posts
755 upvotes
Dildo
EnyCe wrote:
Why can't I find a Nobis jacket in moss green anymore?

This color was discontinued as since 2011
Thanks for confirming. I am currently holding a moss green Audrina from this final season, 2011-2012. Will hype that fact like crazy to maximize resale revenue when it comes to listing my item. I'm evil, I know.
EnyCe wrote:
-The designers for Canada Goose are the same as Nobis
WERE the same. Staff from Canada Goose have gone out on their own. Prime example is Robin Yates, formerly with Canada Goose and then Nobis (hence the Nobis Yatesy model). Source: http://www.globalnews.ca/pages/story.aspx?id=6442514286
NOBIS: Beyond the Goose

A former principal of Canada Goose, Robin Yates launched Nobis in 2008. The brand, now shipped to 25 countries, improves on the Goose, according to Yates, who is based in Markham, Ont. People were getting wet when it rained, “aggressive Velcro” was ruining sweaters and the jackets are hot, he said.

Read it on Global News: Global News | Coats: Nothing but full coverage
Dec 23, 2012
29 posts
1 upvote
WINNIPEG
Irbe wrote:
Jan 8th, 2013 2:05 pm
So wait, Nobis moved their production to China to keep up with DEMAND, but at the same time its not massed produced? I'm a little confused here :confused:
Hahaha. . . Hit the Spot
Dec 23, 2012
29 posts
1 upvote
WINNIPEG
In terms of warranty, i think this is the area where CG hits them. There is a store here in in our area that sells Nobis. When I asked the sales person what if the warranty is needed she replied. . . "You will have to contact Nobis. We just order items from them to sell".
Now that is the problem with them.