Tags:
None
Jan 14, 2016
31 posts
Waterloo, ON
Jimboski wrote:
Nov 14th, 2016 1:08 pm
ygpm!

At one point all Nobis jackets were made in Canada. Majority moved to China except for the Barry, Luna, and Rosco. I think those models moved to China starting last year which is later than the rest of the jackets.
Let me check my Rosco from last year, pretty sure that was China since it was marked imported. Tag doesn't say "Made in China" nor Canada. By the way, just like CG and what Aznorth( forumer) have cautioned last season, prices are up almost hundred bucks! Just like what I did last time, peeps should sign up for e-mail with SportChek\Atmosphere and you get one time discount code for 10%! Altitude offers 5% for membership but you have to pay for that and get lifetime privelege on their store.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
44223 posts
3253 upvotes
Toronto
tigz07 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2016 1:08 pm
Let me check my Rosco from last year, pretty sure that was China since it was marked imported. Tag doesn't say "Made in China" nor Canada. By the way, just like CG and what Aznorth( forumer) have cautioned last season, prices are up almost hundred bucks! Just like what I did last time, peeps should sign up for e-mail with SportChek\Atmosphere and you get one time discount code for 10%! Altitude offers 5% for membership but you have to pay for that and get lifetime privelege on their store.
It should have a manufactured location, look at the tags on the inner bottom left. Prices did not increase that much this year, some went up around $20 and some even dropped $50 (Kato).
Jan 14, 2016
31 posts
Waterloo, ON
Jimboski wrote:
Nov 16th, 2016 8:23 pm
It should have a manufactured location, look at the tags on the inner bottom left. Prices did not increase that much this year, some went up around $20 and some even dropped $50 (Kato).
China it is!, price now is $894 as compared to last years $799; been seeing more men on this jacket than Shelby or Yatesy.
Jan 14, 2016
31 posts
Waterloo, ON
Jimboski wrote:
Nov 17th, 2016 12:55 pm
Sorry, for some reason i was thinking about my prices and not retail.
Bought the jacket before jumping in to this forum. How much less would have been from your end?, thinking hard on the next!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2012
9821 posts
861 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
tigz07 wrote:
Nov 17th, 2016 12:55 pm
Bought the jacket before jumping in to this forum. How much less would have been from your end?, thinking hard on the next!
About 30% off which is typical if you eliminate the middle man. Tax included. There's 2-3 guys on RFD that act as independent wholesalers. Heard ghostfacechilla or something is another font that does this.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Jan 14, 2016
31 posts
Waterloo, ON
aznnorth wrote:
Nov 17th, 2016 11:54 pm
About 30% off which is typical if you eliminate the middle man. Tax included. There's 2-3 guys on RFD that act as independent wholesalers. Heard ghostfacechilla or something is another font that does this.
Thanks!, that's about right by the time I factor in the 10% discount code; my calcs from the numbers Jim pmed to me is about 19% less from his end. Maybe next winter..... I still have the CG Chateau to break-in.
Nov 18, 2016
2 posts
Hey everyone, does anyone know if there are fake Nobis being made as of today?
I tried to search online but this is where it lead me to. Is there an authenticating forum for Nobis here?
Thanks in advance!
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
44223 posts
3253 upvotes
Toronto
Autumnrose wrote:
Nov 19th, 2016 1:06 pm
Hey everyone, does anyone know if there are fake Nobis being made as of today?
I tried to search online but this is where it lead me to. Is there an authenticating forum for Nobis here?
Thanks in advance!
I haven't seen any with hard proof. There is no authentication thread for Nobis. If you have any doubts, just post some pictures of the jacket and i'll be able to help. Nobis jackets have a "certilogo" that allows you to check the unique code for your jacket to check the authenticity online.
Nov 18, 2016
2 posts
Thanks Jimbo, decided not to go through with the sale for now until I have better knowledge of the jacket. But now I know where to go for help! BTW do you know where I can purchase the jacket for a better price than the actual store itself?
Thanks again!
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2002
1162 posts
39 upvotes
I was checking out the Yatesy last year and remember it being around the $900ish range. I now see it well over $1200+ retail. Is this parka selling that well to justify that huge of a price increase?

I mean even the CG parkas from last year only went up around $50-$75 this year. I regret not buying it last year. lol
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2012
9821 posts
861 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
tigz07 wrote:
Nov 17th, 2016 11:54 pm
Thanks!, that's about right by the time I factor in the 10% discount code; my calcs from the numbers Jim pmed to me is about 19% less from his end. Maybe next winter..... I still have the CG Chateau to break-in.
Generally speaking ALL so-called designer jackets have a 30-40% markup just for having the dumb badge on the shoulder or wherever... Eye wear is the worst and having a monopoly like Luxxotica doesnt help the industry competitiveness but reduces it. Slap on a badge and a frame is easily $150-$250 more. Pathetic. But if peeps are willing to buy prices wont be dropping anytime soon.
Last edited by aznnorth on Nov 20th, 2016 7:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING