None
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2012
9532 posts
793 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
The_One wrote:
Nov 20th, 2016 1:57 am
I was checking out the Yatesy last year and remember it being around the $900ish range. I now see it well over $1200+ retail. Is this parka selling that well to justify that huge of a price increase?

I mean even the CG parkas from last year only went up around $50-$75 this year. I regret not buying it last year. lol
That was the typical price increase for CG (or used to be) even if you considered currency exchange had plummeted to 1.4 - 1.45 range as it did a year ago. The rest is pure profit. All the brands blame CAD/USD exchange but in reference to CG, it's an asinine claim when 95% of the jacket is made in canada, materials are from canada, using canadian plants and contracted to smaller canadian plants for smaller CG items, fur ruffs are from western provinces, etc. If a jacket has increased 200 dollars and at worst case say $75 is currency exchange, the remainder is profit mongering no doubt. It's also no secret other major brands eyed CG's profit line with envy and jacked up their prices likewise. It's like... if they can profit over last several years like crazy why cant we - we feel our products are just as good if not better. Perfect example of this is arcteryx. Their prices have skyrocketed to same level as CG for equivalent models. Unlike CG their quality has stayed the same if not better.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2008
4140 posts
465 upvotes
aznnorth wrote:
Nov 20th, 2016 7:30 am
That was the typical price increase for CG (or used to be) even if you considered currency exchange had plummeted to 1.4 - 1.45 range as it did a year ago. The rest is pure profit. All the brands blame CAD/USD exchange but in reference to CG, it's an asinine claim when 95% of the jacket is made in canada, materials are from canada, using canadian plants and contracted to smaller canadian plants for smaller CG items, fur ruffs are from western provinces, etc. If a jacket has increased 200 dollars and at worst case say $75 is currency exchange, the remainder is profit mongering no doubt. It's also no secret other major brands eyed CG's profit line with envy and jacked up their prices likewise. It's like... if they can profit over last several years like crazy why cant we - we feel our products are just as good if not better. Perfect example of this is arcteryx. Their prices have skyrocketed to same level as CG for equivalent models. Unlike CG their quality has stayed the same if not better.
This. All of the brands have jacked their prices way up. Wonder if part of it has to do with the mild temps and people not opting for the overkill down coats. I don't have numbers but wouldn't be surprised if sales were down across the board just based on how mild our winter was.

CG to me is the worst offender. Prices up, quality down. Even the fur is smaller.
Aug 28, 2011
4 posts
1 upvote
Edmonton
Interested in Astrid and stanford, can you recommend someone I can contact?
Dec 11, 2016
3 posts
Hi everyone!
I just recently purchased the Nobis Tula jacket at the Sample Guy Sales in Toronto.
My colleague was mentioning, that the hood on my Tula jacket (size S), seems small for the jacket, and I am wondering if someone had replaced the actual hood of my jacket with theirs (one that they didn't like).
I was just wondering if a fellow Nobis Tula owner that has the same size jacket, could measure and give me the dimensions of the hood on their jacket?

After that comment - I'm just a little paranoid....
I don't want my jacket to be a Frankenstein coat....

Many thanks in advance, and I appreciate any help!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
5996 posts
600 upvotes
T dot 6
I would go to the Nobis store on Queen St. You could compare very easily.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Nov 18, 2015
476 posts
272 upvotes
Unionville, ON
Meungi wrote:
Dec 14th, 2016 4:34 pm
Hi everyone!
I just recently purchased the Nobis Tula jacket at the Sample Guy Sales in Toronto.
My colleague was mentioning, that the hood on my Tula jacket (size S), seems small for the jacket, and I am wondering if someone had replaced the actual hood of my jacket with theirs (one that they didn't like).
I was just wondering if a fellow Nobis Tula owner that has the same size jacket, could measure and give me the dimensions of the hood on their jacket?

After that comment - I'm just a little paranoid....
I don't want my jacket to be a Frankenstein coat....

Many thanks in advance, and I appreciate any help!
Just a quick note, don't buy stuff from Sample Guy Sales, their stuff are mixed with real and fake so it's 50/50...
Also, their prices are usually market price (maybe a bit cheaper), since they are selling previous generation items...
Dec 11, 2016
3 posts
wartune123 wrote:
Dec 15th, 2016 2:45 pm
Just a quick note, don't buy stuff from Sample Guy Sales, their stuff are mixed with real and fake so it's 50/50...
Also, their prices are usually market price (maybe a bit cheaper), since they are selling previous generation items...
:( Bummer.. only if I had receive warnings earlier eh?
But the thing is, I went online to the Nobis website, and entered in the certification code that was on the tag on the inside of the jacket, and it said it is authentic...
So.. it should be okay *silently prays*.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10287 posts
1320 upvotes
City of Vancouver
wartune123 wrote:
Dec 15th, 2016 2:45 pm
How do u know?
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Dec 30, 1969
1 posts
Toronto, ON
Hello all! First time poster here, I'm in an iffy situation. I ended up making the mistake of buying a Higgins in large because it was still wearable for me, but with time I see that it is proving to be too big. I have a Stanford in medium which is a perfect fit. Any tips on what I can do to exchange my Higgins for a medium? Im in nyc and I bought it at Paragon sports which I doubt will exchange the jacket for me at this point being that it's been over a year. It's in perfect condition please someone help me so I can enjoy my jacketWeary Face
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2008
4140 posts
465 upvotes
MarkyMark718 wrote:
Dec 16th, 2016 5:15 pm
Hello all! First time poster here, I'm in an iffy situation. I ended up making the mistake of buying a Higgins in large because it was still wearable for me, but with time I see that it is proving to be too big. I have a Stanford in medium which is a perfect fit. Any tips on what I can do to exchange my Higgins for a medium? Im in nyc and I bought it at Paragon sports which I doubt will exchange the jacket for me at this point being that it's been over a year. It's in perfect condition please someone help me so I can enjoy my jacketWeary Face
If you owned a store, would you allow someone to exchange a used coat for a new one a year later? There's nothing you can do besides selling the jacket or sticking with the one you have.
Feb 15, 2012
153 posts
14 upvotes
What are the main differences between the nobis cartel and nobis higgins?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2012
9532 posts
793 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
MarkyMark718 wrote:
Dec 16th, 2016 5:15 pm
All that means is the down loft has decreased over time from wear (which it will for any down outerwear). Thus making it roomier over time. Since you cant return or exchange it as said by another font I would suggest wearing a baselayer or light thin midlayer to account for the extra space. This helps in 2 fronts - increase overall warmth for extremely cold days and account for the extra space from decrease in down loft. Another piece of advice - to puff up the down loft put the coat in dryer with 2-3 tennis balls for 15-20 min on air or low setting. Keep in mind this helps temporarily as down loft will decrease again over time as you use the coat. You may have to do this 1-2 times a year.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
44038 posts
3215 upvotes
Toronto
darrenmak wrote:
Dec 20th, 2016 6:22 pm
What are the main differences between the nobis cartel and nobis higgins?
Different style. Higgins is more expensive because it's more slim fitting and a bit warmer. Other than the visual differences of the jacket the Higgins is the newer released jacket.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2008
4140 posts
465 upvotes
Jumbo. Can you pm me an email address or contact info? Got a buddy who is interested
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel