Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2009
1221 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
Hello ,

I have a heathered red rum cartel, and it's got these ugly black waxy spots around the pocket area. I'm guessing that's wear and tear, but it looks dirty and I was wondering if there was any way to make the effect less noticable.
Oct 24, 2015
5 posts
Scarborough, ON
Hi all, I'm looking for navy nobis Abby or Cindy jacket, probably size small, does anyone know who I can contact?

Thanks
Feb 15, 2012
156 posts
15 upvotes
Jimboski wrote:
Dec 21st, 2016 9:20 pm
Different style. Higgins is more expensive because it's more slim fitting and a bit warmer. Other than the visual differences of the jacket the Higgins is the newer released jacket.
Do you think the price difference is worth it?
Dec 22, 2016
2 posts
Hello, I bought a nobis yatesy, probably not the latest model (has the Canadian flag in the size) I noticed that more shorter than the pictures I see, you know if the older models (made in china) are shorter? Thank you all.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6261 posts
271 upvotes
GT'eh
Also didn't they change the design 2016 Higgins and its no longer two tone heathered/crooshatch. and now only available in certain colorways.

Can someone confirm? if they changed design?

I'm saving for a Higgins later this yr, I'd rather the earlier 2 tone models. When I can get a Higgins I'll dump or donate my 2 yr old Cartel.
Ne0's items:Finito
♠ G@mer & t3<h [onnoisseur ♠ Spitting t3<hy lingo since the 80's

Send PM's HERE♠ eBay|600+ ♠ | XB360 GT:Ask? ♠ PSN ID:ILLmatic_KINGPIN
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
44206 posts
3246 upvotes
Toronto
Neovingian wrote:
Jan 5th, 2017 12:38 pm
Also didn't they change the design 2016 Higgins and its no longer two tone heathered/crooshatch. and now only available in certain colorways.

Can someone confirm? if they changed design?

I'm saving for a Higgins later this yr, I'd rather the earlier 2 tone models. When I can get a Higgins I'll dump or donate my 2 yr old Cartel.
Yeah i think they transitioned to one colorway only like the other models.. If you want two colorway, then message me what color you're interested in and i can see what i can do. I didn't like the two colorway design and never saw one in person but based off the pictures i've seen is where the two tone was not that similar?
Jan 8, 2017
2 posts
Looking at buying a nobis yatesy but reading forums has made me iffy. Was going to buy a CG citadel but their not waterproof. Have heard alot about pilling on the nobis jackets and the yatesy not being as waterproof as they say. Anyone able to help on these concerns? Also is the poly wool material stronger than the crosshatch and pill less or at all?
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
44206 posts
3246 upvotes
Toronto
Steverozzano wrote:
Jan 9th, 2017 5:44 pm
Looking at buying a nobis yatesy but reading forums has made me iffy. Was going to buy a CG citadel but their not waterproof. Have heard alot about pilling on the nobis jackets and the yatesy not being as waterproof as they say. Anyone able to help on these concerns? Also is the poly wool material stronger than the crosshatch and pill less or at all?
Poly wool is less prone to pilling. I don't see why the Yatesy is less waterproof than other Nobis models, the exterior shell and sympatex technology on top of the DWR they use is the same.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2012
9677 posts
839 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Steverozzano wrote:
Jan 9th, 2017 5:44 pm
Technically Nobis is not waterproof. I dont know why they keep using the words "waterproof 10kmm". That's really "water resistant" as true waterproof doesnt start until 20k-22kmm such as arcteryx goretex pro (which can hit 26-28k). At 10000mm it's good for damp drizzling weather but I wouldnt exactly go out when it's drenching thunderstorm rain or trekking in the amazon forest. Besides you have a fur ruff... that aint water resistant in the least.. unless of course, you plan on wearing the jacket without the fur ruff in damp weather. What that figure really means is the volume of water on a given square inch before it begins to soak through the fabric. In other words if you have more than 10L of water splashing at that same square inch of fabric it will lose the water resistance.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1336 posts
426 upvotes
Ottawa
I walk everywhere hence I normally wear technical jackets during the winter. I only wear my Yatesy on the very coldest of days (-30°C and colder) with one layer underneath. Thank goodness for pit zips. I would not be able to wear it otherwise. It's that warm with only moderate activity level.
"Doing my part to encourage civil discourse by not downvoting."
Jan 14, 2016
31 posts
Waterloo, ON
aznnorth wrote:
Jan 14th, 2017 9:06 am
Technically Nobis is not waterproof. I dont know why they keep using the words "waterproof 10kmm". That's really "water resistant" as true waterproof doesnt start until 20k-22kmm such as arcteryx goretex pro (which can hit 26-28k). At 10000mm it's good for damp drizzling weather but I wouldnt exactly go out when it's drenching thunderstorm rain or trekking in the amazon forest. Besides you have a fur ruff... that aint water resistant in the least.. unless of course, you plan on wearing the jacket without the fur ruff in damp weather. What that figure really means is the volume of water on a given square inch before it begins to soak through the fabric. In other words if you have more than 10L of water splashing at that same square inch of fabric it will lose the water resistance.
10,000 is just right for drizzles because if its pouring rain then that's not winter. I've used my Nobis Rosco in pouring conditions November time but of course I've got the zip vents fully open cause the temps are in the high 10s. Above that I have my various North Face tri-climates and a McKinley insulated technical depending on the day. Problem with people these days is they use down jackets as a fashion statement, not for their actual use, I do have a CG Chateau as well but haven't use it at the right cold weather just yet whereas I've seen a lot wearing them in rain???
Jan 8, 2017
2 posts
How is the sizing and cut of the yatesy? Is it a slim fit or a more relaxed fit? I just ordered a Quartz Co. Champlain in size xl and when doing the "hug test" its abit tight on the shoulder blades and its a slim cut. But yet wear a size Large CG Snow Mantra and it fits great although it is a relaxed fit. Not sure if i want to return the champlain and try it in an xxl or try the nobis yatesy in an xl if its a more relaxed fit? Im 6'6 just shy 6'7 wear a 40l suit arm length is about 34-35" xl peacoats/overcoats and xxl pretty much everything from tshirts to hoodies or even xxxl for length.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2008
4257 posts
562 upvotes
Steverozzano wrote:
Jan 19th, 2017 12:08 am
How is the sizing and cut of the yatesy? Is it a slim fit or a more relaxed fit? I just ordered a Quartz Co. Champlain in size xl and when doing the "hug test" its abit tight on the shoulder blades and its a slim cut. But yet wear a size Large CG Snow Mantra and it fits great although it is a relaxed fit. Not sure if i want to return the champlain and try it in an xxl or try the nobis yatesy in an xl if its a more relaxed fit? Im 6'6 just shy 6'7 wear a 40l suit arm length is about 34-35" xl peacoats/overcoats and xxl pretty much everything from tshirts to hoodies or even xxxl for length.
Yatesy is on the slimmer side. I'm 6'3 with broad shoulders. My jackets are xl. Yatesy fit snugger. It's quite long too. You really have to try it on
Jun 24, 2008
76 posts
15 upvotes
Markham
Can anyone comment on the sizing of the rosco? Does it for similar to a cartel? Wondering if i can get the same size..