• Jan 26th, 2024 3:37 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2004
7673 posts
1131 upvotes
Toronto, ON
JeganV wrote: I suspect its because most people don't really pay any attention to the condition of their license plates until they're getting rid of the car. As a result a good portion of them are probably not in great condition, new cars can be a image thing so a shiny new car with some bent plates...seems to be a look few want to go with. Of course with a huge number of car thefts, that too has guaranteed the need for new plates whether they wanted to keep them or not, I suspect basically none want to make the trip to Nigeria specifically to get them back.
I'd rather have mildly-tired-looking plates than some shiny new recent plates. Have you ever noticed that the worst drivers on the road seem to be driving older, somewhat-sporty/luxury cars with VERY new licence plates? Like, certainly, an E46 BMW with recent plates is trouble...

And noawadays, downtown, recent plates seems to be 90% Ubers clogging up the roads.

Also, if I was looking to buy a used car, a recent plate in the photos is a bad sign... increases the likelihood that the person bought the car two months ago, discovered a big expensive problem, and is trying to unload it on the next unsuspecting fool.
Jan 10, 2009
595 posts
1253 upvotes
London
I've seen 2 plates now that start with F (eg: FAAC 022) - did they just skip over D and E?

Got a new car last week and received CYY plates
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
3681 posts
2388 upvotes
Mississauga
Neighbor got a new car on Friday. CYZJ
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3526 posts
1871 upvotes
GTA
Saw CZHV yesterday in Mississauga. We're getting close!
I love RFD! :)
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3526 posts
1871 upvotes
GTA
Might have seen CZRL but not 100% sure. I think I have a problem lol. been looking at everyone's plates
I love RFD! :)
Sep 9, 2020
21 posts
46 upvotes
It’s official D series is here!!
Found this in a Facebook group I’m in
For those wondering the major skip between CZMH-DAAK is most likely trilcor issued so this is definitely a waldale issue
Images
  • B91DF92E-CCF6-4E8A-BDA3-543565E7AFC4.jpeg
May 6, 2009
255 posts
311 upvotes
theElg69 wrote: It’s official D series is here!!
Found this in a Facebook group I’m in
For those wondering the major skip between CZMH-DAAK is most likely trilcor issued so this is definitely a waldale issue
So should the D plates start being issued now? I've been waiting to replace my peeling B plates until they're available haha
Nov 27, 2013
226 posts
322 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
CrazySpaniard wrote: So should the D plates start being issued now? I've been waiting to replace my peeling B plates until they're available haha
They will after locations use up their remaining stock of C plates first.
Dec 3, 2010
194 posts
172 upvotes
I think I seen D plates in wild last weekend
DAAK-***
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3320 posts
1214 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
Went into service ontario last week and they were issuing D plates at my location in Cambridge.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
6834 posts
7575 upvotes
Toronto
I saw a DASD plate about 3 weeks ago.
Si Tacuisses, Philosophus Mansisses
Apr 25, 2011
359 posts
183 upvotes
cyoon84 wrote: i don't think i ever saw CYYZ plate...
As an aviation buff, I would've at least paid twice the price to get a CYYZ one.
Jun 29, 2012
168 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
ticky wrote: As an aviation buff, I would've at least paid twice the price to get a CYYZ one.
Same, being in the GTA. I kept looking for other Canadian ICAO codes but haven't seen many of them other than CYYZ.
Nov 27, 2013
226 posts
322 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
ticky wrote:
As an aviation buff, I would've at least paid twice the price to get a CYYZ one.
ykzflyer wrote:

Same, being in the GTA. I kept looking for other Canadian ICAO codes but haven't seen many of them other than CYYZ.
IMG_6827.jpeg

It appears CYYZ plates do exist. Either they've already been issued or are sitting in a box waiting to be issued at a ServiceOntario somewhere in the province.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)