None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
2791 posts
306 upvotes
Markham

[Official] Reccommended Dry Cleaners

So I've seen a lot of threads asking where to dry clean etc, I figured I'd just make one thread to help out others. Feel free to add your own recommendations, experiences and costs if you can remember. Thanks

Etobicoke
Gibson's

North York

Markham
Evergreen

Scarborough
Blue Sky Dry Cleaners

Richmond Hill
Cozy Cleaners

Toronto
Careful Hands
Glenforest Cleaners
AVOID buying dashcams from BlackBoxMyCar (BBMC) Read about their lies and unethical tactics HERE.
42 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
2791 posts
306 upvotes
Markham
Evergreen Dry Cleaners

Experience: Recently I went to Evergreen Dry Cleaners on McCowan and Bur Oak (Markham). They charged me $38.50 to dry clean my Canada Goose Parka, and another $8.50 for my shirt. On their site, they have a coupon for $10 off dry cleaning orders over $50. http://www.evergreencorp.ca/index_files/Promotions.htm Note: They require a physical copy, not digital. My total wasn't necessarily over $50 excluding tax, but they gave me $5 off anyway. Very nice of them to do so. I dropped off my clothes on Wednesday and it was ready by next Tuesday (Sundays are closed).

Overall service: When I received my items back, I noticed my jacket was significantly softer, and the down has shifted by a bit, not by a lot. Looks brand new, and smells fresh. I informed the employee before hand to take special attention to my jacket since mine was limited edition, and she ended up posting 10 notes on my jacket as a reminder LOL.
AVOID buying dashcams from BlackBoxMyCar (BBMC) Read about their lies and unethical tactics HERE.
Jan 23, 2008
144 posts
11 upvotes
Brought my jacket in today to JB cleaner & Tailor on Pape Ave near Danforth. It's a small self run business where a friend of my brought his jacket(canada goose) in last season for cleaning and turned out fine..Another friend of mine brought in a whole lot of things to be dry cleaned/altered so we'll see what happens. Although alterations are done on premise the dry cleaning service is collected by a 3rd party. It also costs $45 which from what I've read is on the expensive side but I don't mind as long as the jacket is returned in good condition as I only get it cleaned maybe once every two seasons

http://www.yelp.ca/biz/jb-cleaner-and-tailor-toronto
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
1994 posts
167 upvotes
Interested in pricing of the dry cleaning. Priced out Loblaws Dry Cleaner at Bayview Village and its $45 for short CG and $55 for long. She claims they send it to another factory vs the regular one so I couldn't use the 25% off 5 items of more coupon for dry cleaning (but coupon doesn't say this...). Looking for alternatives since they seem steep.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
2791 posts
306 upvotes
Markham
$45 seems expensive for a normal bomber-down jacket. Mine was about $40 taxed in because mine has fleece inside, normal CG chilliwacks go for about $35. If you go downtown to get it dry cleaned, many of them charge about $26, but IMO I wouldn't trust those. The one I went to was an environmentally friendly one, so it's understandable they charge a bit more.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
3094 posts
7 upvotes
Are there actually any major differences from getting dry cleaned from a cheaper place? I feel that most of these places once they see a CG, they up the price even though it's same procedure as a regular jacket.
Items For Sale:
BST Feedback: 17
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2006
3474 posts
877 upvotes
Toronto
I got my Canada Goose Chilliwack parka dry cleaned at Blue Sky. $30

A+ would dry clean again.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
1994 posts
167 upvotes
Rekognize wrote:
Nov 7th, 2012 11:54 am
I got my Canada Goose Chilliwack parka dry cleaned at Blue Sky. $30

A+ would dry clean again.
Thanks ill look into them. Which Blue Sky location? Google shows a couple in Scarborough.
Do they send it to that offsite CG dry cleaner that Loblaws claims they do?
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2006
3474 posts
877 upvotes
Toronto
From what I was told, they send it offsite because of the fur. I went to the one on Finch and Markham.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2007
3065 posts
12 upvotes
Markham
Got my CG dry cleaned at Glenforest Wet Cleaners.

They did an excellent job and my jacket turned out better than I had expected from a wet cleaner. Colour (celtic green) is great, nice and vibrant just as new.

Cost was $56.50 and was completed in 5 business days.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2009
1066 posts
702 upvotes
pacific mall, dry clean for $13 :lol: ! they do a pretty good job too haha
Deals never wait for people, only people wait for deals.
Buy now, think later.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
2791 posts
306 upvotes
Markham
zumi78878 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2012 3:02 am
pacific mall, dry clean for $13 :lol: ! they do a pretty good job too haha
I didn't even know they had one...
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2008
2045 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
Any recommendation Downtown Toronto? I see so many, but don't know which is the bang for the buck.
Live, Eat, Sleep, Breathe RFD!! :twisted: