• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2017 2:29 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9850 posts
799 upvotes
someone should do a "before" and "after" picture for their jackets.

I wonder what the fur would look like after going through this.
Sep 14, 2005
604 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
Dry cleaning takes long because 99.999% of dry cleaners are no dry cleaners at all. They are clothing forwarders who send it to a real dry cleaner, which is usually a large warehouse type building. So there are 1-2 days used on delivery.

Downtown Victory Dry Cleaners an official Canada Goose recommended dry cleaner. $30 for a chilliwack and $40 for a trillium or other long styles. It used to be cheaper. They do 40+ CG jackets a day recently. I would say the job they do is fair. They say the fur will not be as nice each time you dry clean it.

I'd like to try the one at pmall for that cheap but how is it? Some dry cleaners actually just wash the item... yes WASH it... and dry it.. without informing the customer.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND asking all dry cleaners if they actually wet wash the item. I found out the hard way by having some polo shirts shrunk slightly, and after confronting them about it found out yes they wet wash certain items. The dry cleaning industry is shady

Tip #1 - Dry cleaners who charge $70+ due to fur.
If you have removable fur, then ask them how much the jacket costs to dry clean without fur. Should be less than half of the original quote.

Tip #2 - Ask if they can actually really do fur properly. My customer's awesome CG Fusion with double fur was burned completely off by a dry cleaner. It went down shortly after.
Apr 7, 2005
167 posts
13 upvotes
Any recommendations for North York?

I would hope most places could do a suit "properly" barring a freak accident but I'm still worried.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
23769 posts
1622 upvotes
Hamilton
Enyce. I took my Kato to Evergreen for dry clean with blood stains on it. They better do a good job or I'm blaming you.

I took your words for it
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
2791 posts
305 upvotes
Markham
yao416 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2013 11:30 pm
Enyce. I took my Kato to Evergreen for dry clean with blood stains on it. They better do a good job or I'm blaming you.

I took your words for it
Since when did you start typing in complete sentences

And it's in good hands bro, tell me how it goes when you get it back
AVOID buying dashcams from BlackBoxMyCar (BBMC) Read about their lies and unethical tactics HERE.
Mar 5, 2008
343 posts
32 upvotes
would you guys consider getting clothing altered by one of these drycleaners or get cleaning only?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
2791 posts
305 upvotes
Markham
Yao where u at? Let's hear the results.

god damn it why did you have to be temp banned AGAIN.
Garest wrote:
Jan 10th, 2013 4:34 pm
would you guys consider getting clothing altered by one of these drycleaners or get cleaning only?
I don't think it matters to be honest.
AVOID buying dashcams from BlackBoxMyCar (BBMC) Read about their lies and unethical tactics HERE.
Jul 23, 2012
55 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
Can anyone recommend some good (and reasonably priced) dry cleaners in Mississauga? For the most parts, I'll be getting shirts washed and pressed. Thanks!
Jun 9, 2007
590 posts
39 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Any more recommendations for Markham?
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
1844 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto
Alburt wrote:
Nov 27th, 2012 3:21 pm
Any recommendations for North York?

I would hope most places could do a suit "properly" barring a freak accident but I'm still worried.
I recently dry cleaned my Canada Goose parka at Urban Cleaners near Yonge and Finch.

15 Northtown Way
North York, ON M2N 7A2

I live relatively close by and decided to give them a try. It ended up being $35, not sure if that is a good price or not as I didn't really do any shopping around, but they did a good job. Coat is clean and buttons and all are still on the coat!

I would be inclined to dry clean my suits and dress shirts there in the future.

Just my 0.02!
Apr 17, 2013
782 posts
101 upvotes
Markham
Theory wrote:
May 15th, 2014 9:50 pm
Any more recommendations for Markham?
I take mine to Fancy care cleaners in Markham. Across from Pmall
Dec 1, 2009
780 posts
98 upvotes
Mississauga
I recently dry cleaned my clothes from cox cleaner at 4025 brandon gate dr, missisauga. it is near exit at 427 and finch. Guy gave me mind blowing price for shirt launder for 1.49 and blazer fo 4.75 if i remember correctly and 15 % off on regular price.
Dec 15, 2008
563 posts
35 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I have 2 pieces needing dry cleaning: blazer + matching dress pants. This Chinese dry cleaning service in my area offered $27 + tax. Takes 2 days. Is this reasonable price? The clothes are stain free just need to dry clean since I've worn them already. Considering DIY at home option as well like putting in a bag in the dryer to steam clean it but need to research more how safe this would be.