[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36781 posts
2597 upvotes
Toronto

[OFFICIAL] RFD lotto V.73 $60,000,000! deadline AUG 11

UrbanPoet's Lottery Pool is BACK!

Please be aware of whether it is a single draw, or multiple draw group play. It will be specified in the post.

http://uplottopool.blogspot.ca

Many years ago I organized a lottery pool on RFD. They got pretty popular and I remember occasions we'd pool together as much as a $1000+ for larger more popular draws. The record braking $55,000,000 (649) jackpot inspired me to bring it back.

F.A.Q. Frequently Asked Questions

How it works?

-Each participant purchases shares towards the pool.
for example... Version 2.0 is selling shares for $2.00 each.
In this example lets say Version 2.0 sells 100 shares
Version 2.0 ends up winning $10,000,000 (yay lucky us ;)
10,000,000 / 100 = 100,000
Therefore for each share you purchase you are entitled to $100,000
If you purchase 1 share thats $100,000
If you purchase 2 shares thats $200,000
And so forth...

You must be 18 & over to participate.
Agreeing to join this pool means that you swear that you confirm that you are of legal playing age in Canada. If you are under the age of 18 you can not claim any possible winnings. Your winnings will be forfeited to the rest of the group players if you are under 18.

How to participate?

All rules are created with fairness and accountability in mind. Your privacy and information will be protected and stored electronically accessible only by myself via my unique password.

I now use a blog system to organize and administer my lotto pool! http://uplottopool.blogspot.ca
I organize my pools by labelling each one a "Version Number". E.g. Version 1, Version 2 etc... The higher the number the newer the pool.
Each pool will have their own blog post specifying the rules, cost, and deadlines.

This thread will also have a list of links that will direct you to more information. However you can also get a list of pools on the blog.
On the side of the blog there will be a list of "labels". You can click the "label" that most relates to what you're looking for. e.g. If you're looking for updates on Version 25... Click "Version 25". All post relating to that pool will be shown.

*** Note : All participants will receive a confirmation email from myself confirming that you are a participant in this lottery pool.

What is this new "subscription" pool you are running?

6/49 allows you to purchase up to 10 draws in advance!
6/49 has 2 draws per week. Therefore $30.-- can purchase 10 draws (5 weeks)

For example Version 6.0 "Subscription" pool is valid for 10 draws starting on 6/1/2013.
Therefore it is valid for
[IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/3513 ... ddates.jpg[/IMG]

What happens if we win the jackpot?!?! =D

I will contact all participants of the winning version # via telephone or email. I know people like to use fake emails for stuff like this. But please submit an email you actually can be contacted from! Thanks.
From there we can organize a date where we can meet up to claim the prize at the OLG office in Toronto, Ontario. Of course... I would have to verify I.D. to ensure it matches the person who participated.

What happens if we win something minor? e.g. $50???

Any minor winnings will be put towards a future draw. That future draw will be either 6/49 or Lottomax. Which ever is bigger or more attractive. In my system I call these "carry over".
These carry overs are only valid towards the version # it came from.

For example Version 1 wins $10. That $10 is used to buy more 649 tickets. Those tickets belong solely to the participants in Version 1.
If a new player decides to join Version 2, any winnings in version 1 cannot be claimed by the new participant.

How many 'plays' are in this pool?

That depends on how many shares are sold!
For example... Lets say its 649 which is $2.00
If 100 shares are sold thats $200, which can purchase 100 plays.

How is everything being tracked?

When the money is pooled and the tickets are bought... They will be scanned and posted in this thread before the time OLG stops selling tickets @ 9:00PM.
The tickets will be signed "URBANPOET LOTTO POOL V.7 TT IN TRUST". It will be signed with the corresponding version number.

A list of all participants will be posted on this thread.

Wait a minute... How do I know you won't run off with millions of dollars!?! ....

The system in which I've created leaves a paper trail of correspondence confirming our agreement to participate in the lottery pool.
The OLG investigates all winners who are part of a lottery pool. All the correspondence above is proof of your participation.
The tickets will be signed "UrbanPoet's RFD Lotto pool resurrection! V.1" thus the ownership of the ticket belongs to the participants of the pool and not myself. Photographs of the signed tickets will be scanned and posted in this thread.
Lastly and most importantly... When the all money is gathered and I stopped accepting submissions I will send a PDF letter/confirmation. The details on this letter include the names of all participants, the game it is valid for, and also my name/contact/autograph signature.

How do I know you won't run off with my money?!?!

If I were to do something that douchey... It won't be that hard to track me down. $10 even $10000 isn't worth the embarrassment, criminal record, and morality. Stealing is wrong. Plus if I were to ever do something like that... I bet some angry people on the internet will track me down and plaster my photos all over the internet before calling the cops to arrest me. lol

Oh No! I missed your lotto pool and its closed... Can I join?
No, you must wait until a new active pool opens up. It wouldn't be fair to join mid way in the group play as you can ride on the winnings paid for by people who signed up on time.
Plus its to insure accountability and fairness. I think it would seem pretty shady to slip people in after the deadline, or while the pool is happening.

To avoid this, you can submit your email to me. I send out an email notification anytime there is a new lottery pool.

Disclaimer

You must be 18 or over to play in this pool. You must 18 at the time of participation.

Please play responsibly! Play within your limits.

[QUOTE]
Warning signs that lottery play is a problem:

-Spending more time or money than you planned or can afford
-Borrowing money to gamble
-Gambling with money meant for other responsibilities (such as food, rent, etc.)
-Neglecting important responsibilities such as work or family to gamble
-Lying about, or covering up, how much you spend or lose
-Chasing your losses to try to win your money back
-Arguments with friends and family, especially about money issues
-Owing money due to gambling

If any of these warning signs apply to you, or you have any questions - help is available by calling:
The Ontario Problem Gambling Helpline 1-888-230-3505.

Source : http://www.olg.ca/lotteries/guide/responsible_play.jsp
[/QUOTE]
Last edited by UrbanPoet on Aug 6th, 2016 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1675 replies
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36781 posts
2597 upvotes
Toronto
This post is list of all the lottery pools both current & past.

Note : I'm now posting all updates on a BLOG. You can view it here http://uplottopool.blogspot.ca/

CURRENT POOL(S)

Version 28.0

Version 27.0

Version 26.0 - Click here for player list, ticket scans, and updates.

Version 25.0 - Click here for player list, ticket scans, and updates.

Version 22.0 - Click here for player list, ticket scans, and updates. Post # 897

ARCHIVES

Version 1.0 - Cllck here for player list, ticket scans, and updates.

Version 2.0 - Click here for player list, ticket scans, and updates.

Version 3.0 - Click here for player list, ticket scans, and updates.

Version 5.0 - Click here for player list, ticket scans, and updates.

Version 6.0 - Cllck here for player list, ticket scans, and updates.

Version 7.0 - Click here for player list, ticket scans, and updates.

Version 8.0 - Click here for player list, ticket scans, and updates.

Version 9.0 - Click here for player list, ticket scans, and updates.

Version 10.0 - Click here for player list, ticket scans, and updates.

Version 11.0 - Click here for player list, ticket scans, and updates.

Version 12.0 - Click here for player list, ticket scans, and updates.

Version 15.0 - Click here for player list, ticket scans, and updates.

Version 16.0 - Click here for player list, ticket scans, and updates

Version 17.0 - Click here for player list, ticket scans, and updates. Post #637

Version 18.0 - Click here for player list, ticket scans, and updates.

Version 19.0 - Click here for player list, ticket scans, and updates.

Version 20.0 - Click here for player list, ticket scans, and updates. Post # 820

Version 21.0 - Click here for player list, ticket scans, and updates. Post # 853

Version 23.0 - Click here for player list, ticket scans, and updates. Post # 927
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4928 posts
773 upvotes
This is embarrassing...but what is an email money transfer? Sorry, I only know PayPal.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36781 posts
2597 upvotes
Toronto
peanutz wrote:
Apr 11th, 2013 12:34 pm
This is embarrassing...but what is an email money transfer? Sorry, I only know PayPal.

All of the big 5 banks in Canada allow "email money transfer". Some of the smaller banks have added EMT functions too.
If you have access to online banking you most likely have access to EMT.
It allows you to send money to another party electronically.

How it works...

Sender logs into online banking
sender finds the "EMT" option.
You input the name of the recipient, their email.
You also choose the amount you're sending and the account you want it withdrawn from.
It also asks you to create a security question and password.

the reciever will get an email. When they click the link in the email, it allows them to log into their online banking site to input the password and deposit the money.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2013
1836 posts
93 upvotes
NORTH YORK
peanutz wrote:
Apr 11th, 2013 12:34 pm
:eek:
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12441 posts
1349 upvotes
Toronto
PM sent, EMT sent.

Thanks!!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36781 posts
2597 upvotes
Toronto
updating!

Hey guys... I'm sure you're doing this.
But just a reminder...
Please follow the "how to participate" steps carefully.
If things are missing it makes it difficult to track! If it does get popular again... It'll be a bit of a nightmare to sort through it all if passwords are missing etc.... lol

Thank you all for participating!
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
1976 posts
280 upvotes
My bank only allows max 40 characters for the message.

can I just put "UrbanPoet's Lotto pool! SAT APR 13/2013"?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36781 posts
2597 upvotes
Toronto
Zephyr22b wrote:
Apr 11th, 2013 12:56 pm
My bank only allows max 40 characters for the message.

can I just put "UrbanPoet's Lotto pool! SAT APR 13/2013"?
Oh... I overlooked that character limit!
But yeah thats fine. As long as it indicates the lottery pool here.

Its just to make people feel safer and fair.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2007
1192 posts
165 upvotes
Richmond Hill
PM, EMT, Email sent.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36781 posts
2597 upvotes
Toronto
Wow. Its nice we have this many participants only a few hours in. :)

edit: Future plans for RFD lottery pools

I'm impressed. This seems popular!
I'm going to start doing regular lottery pools.
It'll just be one big pool for the RFD community. No differentiations between 'groups' or 'sections'.
The only differentiation is between the different draws... e.g. 4/13/2013 (649) or 4/12/2013 (Lottomax)

I'll set up system in which you can bank money and create an account.
example. If you send me $20... It'll go into your 'account'.
Each time you want to participate just send an email indicating how much you would like to put in. Say you want to put in $2.00 for that week... $2.00 will be deducted from your account.
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2009
10900 posts
396 upvotes
GT&A
Is Interact e-Transfer the same as EMT?
troll: someone you dislike, fear or do not comprehend...
11b guide
When the doorbell rings, it's just a request. You are not a dog, it is not a command, only a request. You are not in church, you are at home. No guilt.