Locked: The Official RFD MBNA 0%/12 Months Thread - Finished

• Last Updated:
  • May 31st, 2019 12:12 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 27, 2009
36 posts
1 upvote
so i made a payment aug 29 online from my BFB (big five bank)
and it came out of my bank account aug 31

it is sept 1 and the payment to mbna is due tomorrow, sept 2.
my question...is...will it post in time to save my hide?

key point to be noted. i forgot that the payment was due sept 2, somehow i convinced myself it was sept 4.
and yes i even have it on an electronic calendar.

go jays!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7027 upvotes
Gatineau
tasimoJOE wrote: so i made a payment aug 29 online from my BFB (big five bank)
and it came out of my bank account aug 31

it is sept 1 and the payment to mbna is due tomorrow, sept 2.
my question...is...will it post in time to save my hide?

key point to be noted. i forgot that the payment was due sept 2, somehow i convinced myself it was sept 4.
and yes i even have it on an electronic calendar.

go jays!
Yes. August 31st payment will likely post as being paid Sep 1st and you will see this reflected on your MBNA account on Sep 2nd (tomorrow).

djino
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2009
3651 posts
3044 upvotes
So it's September 1st. The 0/12% card still appears open for applications. The legal disclosure in the application says this about BT fees:

For the balance transfer Promotional Rate offer disclosed on the application: 1.00%
At Promotional Rate(s) we may otherwise offer on your account: 3.00%
Mar 23, 2004
47726 posts
13890 upvotes
Markham
bubak wrote: So it's September 1st. The 0/12% card still appears open for applications.

The legal disclosure in the application says this about BT fees:

For the balance transfer Promotional Rate offer disclosed on the application: 1.00%
No one ever said the 0/12 is going to be gone.

I have no idea what that means tbh...
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2750 upvotes
ON
angel_wing0 wrote: No one ever said the 0/12 is going to be gone.

I have no idea what that means tbh...
It means you can still get 0/12 for 1%, it's just going to cost you a reapplication/credit check.
Vs an offer on an existing account will likely be 3%+monthly rate offered.
Mar 23, 2004
47726 posts
13890 upvotes
Markham
aqnd wrote: It means you can still get 0/12 for 1%, it's just going to cost you a reapplication/credit check.
Vs an offer on an existing account will likely be 3%+monthly rate offered.
GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTT, so in other words a lot of us paid it back and reapplied early for nothing.

Anyhow, even the MBNA reps on the phone say it's 3% starting Sept. :mad:
Sep 27, 2009
36 posts
1 upvote
djino wrote: Yes. August 31st payment will likely post as being paid Sep 1st and you will see this reflected on your MBNA account on Sep 2nd (tomorrow).

djino

so i logged into the mbna website...
payment still not posted on there end.
i'm just being overly dramatic, i'll check later today...tomorrow too.

i just think that if i made my payment on aug 29, and it came out of my bank account on aug 31, it should totally make it to them by sept2
that's like aug 31 Mississippi, sep 1 Mississippi, sep 2 Mississippi...come on! :razz:

worst case i'll get on the phone and dispute but...i'm so lazy and antisocial
Mar 23, 2004
47726 posts
13890 upvotes
Markham
tasimoJOE wrote: so i logged into the mbna website...

i just think that if i made my payment on aug 29, and it came out of my bank account on aug 31, it should totally make it to them by sept2
that's like aug 31 Mississippi, sep 1 Mississippi, sep 2 Mississippi...come on! :razz:
You will be fine. The MBNA website takes 3-4 business days after your payment to update usually so you don't really have anything to worry about (unless you paid the wrong card).
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7027 upvotes
Gatineau
tasimoJOE wrote: so i logged into the mbna website...

worst case i'll get on the phone and dispute but...i'm so lazy and antisocial
I make payments to MBNA from Tangerine. It always shows my payments made in the morning following 2 business days.

- If I make the Payment on Monday, it shows the transaction date as Tuesday, and posts to my account on Wednesday
- If I make the Payment on Tuesday, it shows the transaction date as Wednesday, and posts to my account on Thursday
- If I make the Payment on Wednesday, it shows the transaction date as Thursday, and posts to my account on Friday
- If I make the Payment on Thursday, it shows the transaction date as Friday, and posts to my account on Saturday
- If I make the Payment on Friday, it shows the transaction date as Saturday, and posts to my account on Tuesday
- If I make the Payment on Saturday/Sunday, it shows the transaction date as Monday, and posts to my account on Tuesday

djino
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote: GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTT, so in other words a lot of us paid it back and reapplied early for nothing.

Anyhow, even the MBNA reps on the phone say it's 3% starting Sept. :mad:
My BT done online was rejected as I forgot that the chequing account I was sending to was in BC (joint account with my dad) and it had been flagged. Received a letter this week of the rejection and to call MBNA regarding the transaction. The original BT was cancelled so I had to redo a BT over the phone but this time I just used my ON chequing account. BT fee was still 1%.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
6132 posts
1005 upvotes
Fort Saskatchewan
MBNA is stupid. Correction. TD Bank is stupid.
˙dlǝɥ ɹoɟ ǝɯ WԀ oʇ ǝɯoɔlǝʍ lǝǝℲ ˙spɹolɹǝʌO pℲɹ ʎɯ ɟo ǝɔᴉʌɹǝs uᴉ ƃuᴉʇɐɹǝpoW ʎlᴉddɐH
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2015
6184 posts
4811 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
alanbrenton wrote: My BT done online was rejected as I forgot that the chequing account I was sending to was in BC (joint account with my dad) and it had been flagged. Received a letter this week of the rejection and to call MBNA regarding the transaction. The original BT was cancelled so I had to redo a BT over the phone but this time I just used my ON chequing account. BT fee was still 1%.
Same thing happened to me, I just got off the phone with them (made the error of calling them via Skype the first time).
It didn't go through cause they couldn't confirm I had an account at Tangerine Bank, based on the information on my credit report.
Better safe than sorry I guess, still got the 1%!
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2006
2188 posts
509 upvotes
bubak wrote: So it's September 1st. The 0/12% card still appears open for applications. The legal disclosure in the application says this about BT fees:

I was just told this by a online rep.

As a promotional offer, The best part about 'Platinum Plus' card is you will get 0% annual interest rate offer on 'Balance Transfers & on 'Deposits' for the first 12 months.

would you guys say this card is idea to consolidate debt

obviously will be paid off in the year
Some people meditate, I smoke cigars.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
361 upvotes
cns187 wrote: I was just told this by a online rep.

As a promotional offer, The best part about 'Platinum Plus' card is you will get 0% annual interest rate offer on 'Balance Transfers & on 'Deposits' for the first 12 months.

would you guys say this card is idea to consolidate debt

obviously will be paid off in the year
The interest rate will still be 0%. It's the BT rate they may increase from 1% to 3%. Did you ask the rep about the BT rate?
Sep 27, 2009
36 posts
1 upvote
angel_wing0 wrote: You will be fine. The MBNA website takes 3-4 business days after your payment to update usually so you don't really have anything to worry about (unless you paid the wrong card).
you guys were right
today i check and it posts with sept 2 date
all is well...in debt ville hahaha

i just like living fully leveraged as my mortgage is solo
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2006
2188 posts
509 upvotes
LoveRFD wrote: The interest rate will still be 0%. It's the BT rate they may increase from 1% to 3%. Did you ask the rep about the BT rate?

when will they increase it, after the promotional period right?
Some people meditate, I smoke cigars.
Mar 23, 2004
47726 posts
13890 upvotes
Markham
cns187 wrote: when will they increase it, after the promotional period right?
He is talking about the BT fee (not rate) that is raised on Sept 1st. From what I see is if you got the promo rate on a current card, it's 3% BT fee.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2015
1108 posts
214 upvotes
I applied today, and the application still reflects the 1% balance transfer fee. Scroll down, you'll see heading for promotional rate: 1%

https://apply.mbna.ca/applicationform/g ... .jsp%7Cx03

Rather a wimpy approved limit of $4000, however. Not sure what a normal starting limit is.
Mar 23, 2004
47726 posts
13890 upvotes
Markham
^ as mentioned, if you apply, it's still 1% BT fee. It's only when you are a current card holder and receive a promo rate that they dock the 3% fee.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2750 upvotes
ON
Just checked my account, and my 0.99% offer (which has been on my account for a while) says 1% fee in the fine print still.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)