Nepean
Thanks again, I've updated the links
Banned
Nov 19, 2005
2985 posts
6 upvotes
Markham/Kingston
TenzoR wrote: Thanks again, I've updated the links
No. Thank YOU for taking the time to start and update this thread. ;)
Toronto Wedding, Fashion & Lifestyle Photographer
www.spencerfu.com
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2004
1218 posts
371 upvotes
Toronto
Broadway Camera. Last time I needed to buy a bunch of equipment, they were the cheapest. To the point where Canon CPS membership was more if I'd buy it from say Henry's!!
Great CS and fast shipping.
No GST for those outside of BC too! :)

www.bccamera.com
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2002
2879 posts
134 upvotes
Markham
demi2004 wrote: Broadway Camera. Last time I needed to buy a bunch of equipment, they were the cheapest. To the point where Canon CPS membership was more if I'd buy it from say Henry's!!
Great CS and fast shipping.
No GST for those outside of BC too! :)

www.bccamera.com
+1

McBain and The Camera Store are 2 other out of province shops I tend to check pricing regularly from...sometimes it works out cheaper than buying form the US.

I'm sure everyone knows about it...but anyone that wants to buy gear should always compare with www.photoprice.ca
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2003
7174 posts
217 upvotes
Nepean
Thanks I've updated. I've only bought stuff from McBain but definitely will look into the new one! keep these urls coming!
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2004
3536 posts
Moose Jaw, SK
Don's Photo Great prices, fabulous selection and super friendly and helpful staff (in the one B&M store I have visited). They will price match advertised prices, although they generally have the cheapest prices I have found in Canada. I've only been to the Regina, SK store but they have quite a few across the country.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2003
7174 posts
217 upvotes
Nepean
Lil Big Mec wrote: Don's Photo Great prices, fabulous selection and super friendly and helpful staff (in the one B&M store I have visited). They will price match advertised prices, although they generally have the cheapest prices I have found in Canada. I've only been to the Regina, SK store but they have quite a few across the country.
Thanks, this has been updated!
Aug 30, 2006
729 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
can anyone vouch for simonscamera.com? Thnking of buying a d90 from there.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2003
7174 posts
217 upvotes
Nepean
Mac10 wrote: can anyone vouch for simonscamera.com? Thnking of buying a d90 from there.
My friend bought a couple lenses from them and said they had good service. He lives in Montreal so can't really comment about online order/shipping.
Aug 30, 2006
729 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
TenzoR wrote: My friend bought a couple lenses from them and said they had good service. He lives in Montreal so can't really comment about online order/shipping.
thanks for the input.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2001
2723 posts
37 upvotes
Eastern and NW Ontar…
Been on the site for a couple years and this is the first time I've looked at the FAQs and the links!

Excellent! Thanks for your work on this :)

When I reformat I always have a hard time finding my favourite links again and here they are!
Dell Alienware Aurora R8
Asus ROG 17"
Ipad Air 2
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2003
7174 posts
217 upvotes
Nepean
blackhawk wrote: Been on the site for a couple years and this is the first time I've looked at the FAQs and the links!

Excellent! Thanks for your work on this :)

When I reformat I always have a hard time finding my favourite links again and here they are!
No problem that's what the FAQ is for ;)
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
430 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
TenzoR wrote: No problem that's what the FAQ is for ;)
I just wish more people would read the FAQ, it's there for a reason.

We get so many "what camera should I buy threads" or "Canon vs Nikon" threads when it could easily be answered by doing their own research based on this FAQ. :)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2003
7174 posts
217 upvotes
Nepean
CSAgent wrote: I just wish more people would read the FAQ, it's there for a reason.

We get so many "what camera should I buy threads" or "Canon vs Nikon" threads when it could easily be answered by doing their own research based on this FAQ. :)
True these links will help if you want to do research or shop for prices.

However, the forum is great if you have already narrow the camera choices down and have a feel of what you would like to accomplish with the camera.

I believe we have quite of few good amateur to professionals (like yourself) that can certainly chime in from their experience.
Dec 9, 2006
114 posts
9 upvotes
Winnipeg
Did anyone mention the camera store? www.thecamerastore.com

Free shipping anywhere in Canada, when you spend over $500. Great customer service.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2003
7174 posts
217 upvotes
Nepean
sam-x wrote: Did anyone mention the camera store? www.thecamerastore.com

Free shipping anywhere in Canada, when you spend over $500. Great customer service.
I've added it to the list :)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7749 posts
1635 upvotes
Any suggestion for easy & free website builder to showcase photos, leave contact info for business use ?? Thx. ;)
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Sep 12, 2004
258 posts
57 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks for this thread!

I recently ordered from Don's Photo. They shipped out the order in less than 24 hours and it took only 2 days to ship (Edmonton to Vancouver). Order to delivery in 3 business days. I also sent a few emails in advance to ask a few questions, and they were very helpful and pleasant in their response.

By the way, you still get the VISA extended warranty and damage protection if you order via PayPal using your VISA as the funding source.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2003
7174 posts
217 upvotes
Nepean
seangoesbonk wrote: Thanks for this thread!

I recently ordered from Don's Photo. They shipped out the order in less than 24 hours and it took only 2 days to ship (Edmonton to Vancouver). Order to delivery in 3 business days. I also sent a few emails in advance to ask a few questions, and they were very helpful and pleasant in their response.

By the way, you still get the VISA extended warranty and damage protection if you order via PayPal using your VISA as the funding source.
That I didn't know, is it any VISA card?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)