Personal Finance

The Official RFD thread for Savings Accounts! (Updated as of 09/20/2017)

Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
3172 posts
594 upvotes
^ ^ ... if Outlook raised it to 1.85% ... my prediction is that Achieva will do the same in no time :)
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1713 posts
504 upvotes
Winnipeg
Darkman wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 7:24 pm
^ ^ ... if Outlook raised it to 1.85% ... my prediction is that Achieva will do the same in no time :)
Yeah they typically follow the same. ACU and Cambrian are basically the same. lol
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
Deal Addict
May 11, 2014
1551 posts
612 upvotes
Iqaluit, NT
@angel_wing0 Oaken will be dropping their rate to 1.50% as of Monday, September 18, as per their e-mail.
Support your local Credit Union! PM for different options available!
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1713 posts
504 upvotes
Winnipeg
Hubert up to 1.85% as of today
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2009
1858 posts
661 upvotes
Montreal
TD ePremium up to .75% above 10k.
Jul 15, 2014
679 posts
436 upvotes
Halifax
Ideal Savings up to 2.25% until December 31 if you are a new client.

From https://idealsavings.ca/rates/

*The Ideal Savings Special and Ideal TFSA Special (variable) will be offered for a limited time only. The 2.25% rate will be guaranteed until December 31, 2017 only on new funds deposited to Ideal Savings into a qualifying account. To qualify the Ideal Savings Special and/or Ideal TFSA Special (variable) account must be opened during the period when the product is being promoted on www.idealsavings.ca/rates, which is subject to change at any time.
Tangerine, Oaken Financial, and Ideal Savings member.
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
35812 posts
3094 upvotes
Markham
OP updated, thanks+thanked to everyone who sent me updates! Keep them coming~
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
5216 posts
1422 upvotes
Raboo11 wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 4:06 pm
Ideal Savings up to 2.25% until December 31 if you are a new client.

From https://idealsavings.ca/rates/

*The Ideal Savings Special and Ideal TFSA Special (variable) will be offered for a limited time only. The 2.25% rate will be guaranteed until December 31, 2017 only on new funds deposited to Ideal Savings into a qualifying account. To qualify the Ideal Savings Special and/or Ideal TFSA Special (variable) account must be opened during the period when the product is being promoted on www.idealsavings.ca/rates, which is subject to change at any time.
This is the best rate available to me right now (I'm in QC). So, anyone dealing with this bank?
How efficient are they? First deposit requires a cheque, how about additional deposits? For withdrawals, I was planning on adding my LOC as a payee, and simply use the bill payment to send money to it. How easy/fast is their online banking?
Jul 15, 2014
679 posts
436 upvotes
Halifax
WHO wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 1:45 pm
This is the best rate available to me right now (I'm in QC). So, anyone dealing with this bank?
How efficient are they? First deposit requires a cheque, how about additional deposits? For withdrawals, I was planning on adding my LOC as a payee, and simply use the bill payment to send money to it. How easy/fast is their online banking?
I signed up about a week ago, I have yet to receive my welcome package so I can't comment on the online experience. Yes, you have to send in a cheque for your first deposit. I don't think they have bill payments, you should contact them to check. To deposit and withdraw you can link it to an existing account, I plan on using Tangerine but, any bank that lets you connect your other accounts will work.

If I remember I will reply to your post again when I have access to their online portal.
Tangerine, Oaken Financial, and Ideal Savings member.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1713 posts
504 upvotes
Winnipeg
andrew4321 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 7:57 am
Tangerine "Savings Account" 1%
and now PC Financial has followed suit (who could have predicted...lol). So PC Financial is now 1.0% (Savings and TFSA)
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
2040 posts
789 upvotes
Shawguy wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 6:14 pm
and now PC Financial has followed suit (who could have predicted...lol). So PC Financial is now 1.0% (Savings and TFSA)
And all this while interest rates for borrowing money are going up... Banks are trying to have it both ways... as usual.
I'd love to write history... in advance.
AMEX Biz Plat 75K :: Personal Plat 60K :: Biz Gold 40K :: Personal Gold 25K :: SPG 20K
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
5216 posts
1422 upvotes
Raboo11 wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 4:46 pm
I signed up about a week ago, I have yet to receive my welcome package so I can't comment on the online experience. Yes, you have to send in a cheque for your first deposit. I don't think they have bill payments, you should contact them to check. To deposit and withdraw you can link it to an existing account, I plan on using Tangerine but, any bank that lets you connect your other accounts will work.

If I remember I will reply to your post again when I have access to their online portal.
Thanks, I guess by then I will have applied, but it would still be appreciated if you can spare a couple minutes to write a little review!
S5 wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 4:51 pm
La Capitale 2.5% promo.
Thanks, but their regular rate is only 0.9%. At least, with Ideal, after the 2.25 is over, it's still going to be a regular rate of 2%.
Jan 1, 2017
1 posts
Hi, I currently bank with Scotia and TD. The interest on my TFSA and savings accounts are nowhere near the banks on the list. Does everyone here end up moving all or most of their money into these banks or just money they think they can play around?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)