• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2017 7:42 am
Jul 27, 2015
129 posts
26 upvotes
British Columbia
bembol wrote:
May 12th, 2017 11:30 pm
I had to call support. Apparently the problem was using your phone had limitations, you need to enable Request Desktop Site. Make sure you fill out everything in your profile. Go back to My Offers and you should see the promotion to sign up and that's where you need to upload the receipt.
thanks. i see what i did wrong. I didnt fully updated my Profile
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16056 posts
1001 upvotes
Woodbridge
Well I wasted $20, sort of.

My fido/Rogers S8 & S8+ works vice versa. I had to borrow my boy's Bell sim card to unlock it.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Jul 27, 2015
129 posts
26 upvotes
British Columbia
bembol wrote:
May 13th, 2017 4:58 pm
Well I wasted $20, sort of.

My fido/Rogers S8 & S8+ works vice versa. I had to borrow my boy's Bell sim card to unlock it.
20 bucks for the code? You bought it from the carrier and not directly from Samsung?
Oct 9, 2011
119 posts
33 upvotes
bembol wrote:
May 12th, 2017 11:30 pm
I had to call support. Apparently the problem was using your phone had limitations, you need to enable Request Desktop Site. Make sure you fill out everything in your profile. Go back to My Offers and you should see the promotion to sign up and that's where you need to upload the receipt.
You got approved for the bluetooth speaker even though you purchased the phone back in Apr?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16056 posts
1001 upvotes
Woodbridge
I did a return and purchase.

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16056 posts
1001 upvotes
Woodbridge
Upgrade. Rogers.

Yes, $20.

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Penalty Box
Dec 2, 2007
658 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
has anyone bought the new Samsung S8 phone?
would you consider buying this phone? my note 3 is dying so I might upgrade. I read all reviews extensively however I am hesitant to upgrade.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16056 posts
1001 upvotes
Woodbridge
If you don't care for the Buid and Design then you don't need to spend this much for it.

Even if you care for Performance and Specs I highly doubt you can tell the difference say if you go with the S7. I mean I bought last year's moto Z. Only sold it because I'm an addict.

Having said that, Samsung did an amazing job and except for the Finger Print Scanner I love it that I bought both the S8 & S8+. I couldn't decide between the Color & Size. LOL

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Aug 24, 2011
567 posts
241 upvotes
London
bembol wrote:
May 13th, 2017 8:14 pm
I did a return and purchase.
You were allowed to keep ur vr as well?
Jul 27, 2015
129 posts
26 upvotes
British Columbia
I was in the same situation as you. My note 3 died completely and for a week i was hesitant to spend $1250. But couldn't wait any longer so I got the s8+ in grey. What a difference Samsung flagships are now. The software is so much better. So much faster and with less crap on board. I actually don't mind the finger sensor on the back. It's grown on me. Make sure you get the PLUS version lol

What's the reason your hesitant?
Plus there's a Promotion for the s8. Comes with a slim wireless speaker. Check their website for details

Oh i forgot to mention. There's also a 15 day buyers remorse. So go ahead and try it out
Nov 1, 2004
613 posts
61 upvotes
York
Why use the finger print scanner if u have the iris scanner? Lol

I think there is a $300 trade in promotion.
Penalty Box
Dec 2, 2007
658 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
how well does the S8 perform ? can I get updates on it?
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
11987 posts
3723 upvotes
Oakville
touyakouyo wrote:
May 14th, 2017 9:38 am
Why use the finger print scanner if u have the iris scanner? Lol

I think there is a $300 trade in promotion.
I imagine the fingerprint scanner would be quicker, since you don't have to try to hold the phone up to your face. Also, I recall reading somewhere that some folks with glasses had issues with the iris scanner as well.
Public Mobile
Koodo
Jul 27, 2015
129 posts
26 upvotes
British Columbia
People think you have to hold the phone up like your taking a selfie to unlock with iris. Well you don't. U can have the phone chest high and stare into the sensor