Cell Phones

Official Samsung Galaxy S8 Thread

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2017 1:16 am
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
2910 posts
227 upvotes
The iris scanner doesn't work every time. Sometimes it would just say no face detected for me and I have to use the finger printer scanner which always works.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15919 posts
949 upvotes
Woodbridge
No. That was for the S8+, this was for the S8.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Dec 7, 2014
17 posts
2 upvotes
anyone having problems with bluetooth music playing in their car (Galaxy s8+) ? I have a 2016 civic ex, and I am unable to skip tracks using the steering wheel controls.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15919 posts
949 upvotes
Woodbridge
zoethepug wrote:
May 14th, 2017 5:31 pm
anyone having problems with bluetooth music playing in their car (Galaxy s8+) ? I have a 2016 civic ex, and I am unable to skip tracks using the steering wheel controls.
I haven't tried it on my 2015 Murano but on my 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring yes there is a DELAY. I hate using Bluetooth now that USB is available. I have my Samsung 32GB Fit.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Dec 7, 2014
17 posts
2 upvotes
I am using google play music, and cannot skip tracks, its so annoying!.. it only works if I use android auto, which i dont want to do all the time.. Hoping someone has experienced the sake problem and can advise.
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
11238 posts
3333 upvotes
Oakville
Wow mobile offering $100 prepaid mastercard for new Koodo sign-ups right now: https://www.wowmobile.ca/en/smartphones ... galaxy-s8/ - combine with Koodo $50 referral credit and $50 minimum trade-in at Wow mobile to get about the only deal available on the S8 right now.

Not a super hot deal (which is why I only posted it here, not in hot deals)... But for those looking to buy any way, it's better than nothing :)
Public Mobile
Koodo
Dec 2, 2007
526 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
who owns Komodo? Is this out right unlocked phone from Komodo?
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
11238 posts
3333 upvotes
Oakville
picard12 wrote:
May 15th, 2017 1:13 pm
who owns Komodo? Is this out right unlocked phone from Komodo?
Koodo is owned by Telus. No, it's not outright, or unlocked. You have to stay with them for 90 days to keep the $100 prepaid MasterCard (and referral credit).
Public Mobile
Koodo
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
2910 posts
227 upvotes
Any of you guys know how to tell the phone play mp3 files through the earpiece instead of the speaker? I have my home phone voicemail forwarded to email and don't want everyone around me to listen to the voicemail when I play it.

Thanks
Last edited by LoveRFD on May 15th, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
2910 posts
227 upvotes
LoveRFD wrote:
May 15th, 2017 5:59 pm
Any of you guys know how to tell the phone play mp3 files through the headset instead of the speaker? I have my home phone voicemail forwarded to email and don't want everyone around me to listen to the voicemail when I play it.

Thanks
Found an app 'earpiece' that works for me.
Dec 16, 2008
406 posts
76 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Received my plus yesterday. What kind of protection (back and front) do you recommend.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2008
1114 posts
165 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
Wow. Phone dropped from chair height and the front glass cracked. Samsung protective case and screen protector were installed.

Samsung Store says there are no replacement parts, and could take four weeks to repair. That would be terrible service.

Time to buy something that's at least a little bit robust?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
7727 posts
656 upvotes
robertz wrote:
May 16th, 2017 3:13 pm
Wow. Phone dropped from chair height and the front glass cracked. Samsung protective case and screen protector were installed.

Samsung Store says there are no replacement parts, and could take four weeks to repair. That would be terrible service.

Dam. That sucks. I guess you need 2 inch of steel to protect it. Buying samsung care won't help.

Need to switch to temper glass protector with otter box.
Jul 27, 2015
98 posts
18 upvotes
British Columbia
robertz wrote:
May 16th, 2017 3:13 pm

Damn. What kind of case did you have?
I got a UAG case but might switch to the Alcantara case.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel