None
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6207 posts
113 upvotes
Ottawa

***the Official Season Finale Thread***

From jamshowbiz...

[QUOTE]Here are next week's TV highlights heading into a busy May sweeps week. Battery up the remote and fire away:

Tonight:

* If you're already home alone on a Saturday night, you probably don't want to watch Dumped (CTV, 7 p.m.). It's an hour of whinny blues, with one heartbroken shlub after another boo-hooing about their lost loves. A million laughs! Who schedules these things, Satan?

Tomorrow:

* Four players, two hours, one TV critic who just doesn't give a hoot. Survivor: Palau has its Tiki torch snuffed Sunday night. Long Island Tom, lanky Ian, sensitive Katie and under-the-radar Jenn are the final four. Pass the Doritos.

* It's season finale time for Fox and Global's night of "Animation Domination," including the ninth season finale of King Of The Hill (7 p.m.), the sixth season ender of Malcolm In The Middle (7:30 p.m.) and The Simpsons, which offers two new episodes, including The Father, The Son And The Holy Guest Star (8:30), an episode originally scheduled to run in April but bumped back due to the death of Pope John Paul II (who knew he was a Simpsons fan?). The episode find Bart enrolled in a private Catholic school. Ay carumba! Liam Neeson guests as Father Sean, an Eminem quoting dude who turns Bart on to the church. Double ay carumba!

* Crossing Jordan's season finale (NBC/Global, 10 p.m.). Is that still on?

MONDAY:

* After nine seasons and 210 episodes, it's all over for Everybody Loves Raymond (9 p.m., Global and CBS). The half-hour finale is preceded by a one-hour series retrospective. If you watch only one episode of this series (that would be me) this may be the one.

* City-TV and ABC have the finale of The Bachelor (8 p.m.) followed by The Bachelor: The Final Rose Live. That will be followed next season by The Bachelor: The Final Viewer.

* "Toot! Toot! Don't do that, you'll go blind!" Yes, it's Hercules (The New VR, NBC, 8 p.m.). But instead of a two dimensional cartoon character, we get a one dimensional actor (Paul Telfer) playing opposite Leelee Sobieski and Timothy Dalton (work is work) in another one of those boring costume epics from Hallmark hambone Robert Halmi Sr. "Olympia!"

TUESDAY:

* ABC has decided to "supersize" tonight's sitcom season finales, so double check your VCR set times: My Wife And Kids signs off at it's usual 8 p.m. followed by George Lopez (8:40 p.m.) and According To Jim (9:19 p.m.). Okay, you've both been warned.

* CBS has the 40th Annual Academy Of Country Music Awards with Alan Jackson, Toby Keith, George Strait, others. Yee-haw!

* Britney And Kevin: Chaotic (UPN, 9 p.m.; premiering Wednesday night at 10 p.m. on Global) finds the two Hillbilly love birds romping through home videos. A six-episode series, perfectly timed for the exact end of any interest in these knuckleheads.

WEDNESDAY

* The season finale of American's Next Top Model (City-TV and UPN, 8 p.m.). Bulimia rules!

* Tommy Chong guest stars on the one- hour season finale of That '70s Show (Global and Fox, 8 p.m.).

* God will get you if you don't watch the one-hour finale of Revelations (CH and NBC, 9 p.m.).

* Law & Order closes the books on another season (CTV, NBC, 10 p.m.)

THURSDAY

* Gentlemen adjust your comb-overs: The third lackey is hired on the one-hour finale of The Apprentice (Global/NBC, 9 p.m.)

* Alec Baldwin and Eric Stoltz guest on the season finale of Will & Grace (Global, NBC, 8 p.m.).

* The O.C. signs off (for good?) with Tate Donovan back for the season finale (8 p.m., CTV and Fox).

* Quentin Tarantino directs a story he wrote in the two-hour C.S.I. season finale (9 p.m., CTV and CBS). Tony Curtis and Frank Gorshin guest (as stiffs?)

* Dr. Carter (Noah Wyle -- the last original cast member) finally leaves County General in the season finale of ER (CTV, NBC, 10 p.m.).

* Without A Trace vanishes for the season (Global, CBS, 10 p.m.)

FRIDAY

* Martha Stewart is up for three awards (including Best Embezzling) at the 32nd Annual Daytime Emmy Awards (9 p.m., CBS) [/QUOTE]
8 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
9 upvotes
CA
[QUOTE]
* Quentin Tarantino directs a story he wrote in the two-hour C.S.I. season finale (9 p.m., CTV and CBS). Tony Curtis and Frank Gorshin guest (as stiffs?)

* Dr. Carter (Noah Wyle -- the last original cast member) finally leaves County General in the season finale of ER (CTV, NBC, 10 p.m.).
[/QUOTE]

Theres 2 will be the ones that I am interested in the most. But how's this possible? 2-hr finale for CSI, that starts at 9, and then ER starts at 10, both show are on CTV? Something doesn't add up here.

Btw, nice heads-up, skanji
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
9 upvotes
CA
gambit_360 wrote: CTV just carries both shows. CSI looks to be starting at 8pm and ER at 10pm on CTV.
Thanks for the clarification
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1641 posts
272 upvotes
Montreal
NDman wrote:Theres 2 will be the ones that I am interested in the most. But how's this possible? 2-hr finale for CSI, that starts at 9, and then ER starts at 10, both show are on CTV? Something doesn't add up here.

Btw, nice heads-up, skanji

Well, CSI is on CBS and ER is on NBC. They are kind of pitted head-to-head.
CTV just carries both shows. CSI looks to be starting at 8pm and ER at 10pm on CTV.
Nov 27, 2004
182 posts
gambit_360 wrote:Well, CSI is on CBS and ER is on NBC. They are kind of pitted head-to-head.
CTV just carries both shows. CSI looks to be starting at 8pm and ER at 10pm on CTV.
reminds me of last night when Survivor (CBS), Contender(NBC), Simpson(Fox)all aired at 8pm and Global carries all 3. picture their faces when they saw this coming :eek: . they finally didnt show Contender, and aired simpsons at 7.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2002
3584 posts
262 upvotes
Newfoundland (Former…
I can't wait for Everybody Loves Raymond

It's going to be great!
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2004
1621 posts
320 upvotes
Montreal
skanji wrote:The O.C. signs off (for good?) with Tate Donovan back for the season finale (8 p.m., CTV and Fox).
What??? No season 3???

Also, you guys forgot Smallville Season Finale on Wednesday...it's a 90 minute episode with a 10 minute of Batman Begins clip.
Knowledge is power
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6207 posts
113 upvotes
Ottawa
NDman wrote:Btw, nice heads-up, skanji
np, just tired of trying to figure out which season finale's are when...

I suppose next week may be similar, eh? 24, etc?
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
9 upvotes
CA
skanji wrote:I suppose next week may be similar, eh? 24, etc?
I don't have TV guide or anything. But I'd guess the other 2 CSI's may have their respective finales next week too