None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9248 posts
644 upvotes

The Official Second-hand Winter Jacket deal post (Kijiji/CL/RFD/Ebay) [UPDATED]

Here is the rule for this thread.

Tons of people have considered buying Canada Goose, Moose Knuckle, Nobis... jackets second-handed due to the high cost, and there are tons of them out there. But what price is fair??

Well, we have experts here, some of them sell themselves. (Zumi, SliceupBeef...)

Before you start... KNOW YOUR JACKET by reading the reviews for all popular brands and models here.

questions people can ask here:

* post deals you feel would benefit others here
* whether it's authentic
* how much they should be looking to spend
* ways to bargain (CFGA, please repost what you wrote before)
* sizing helps
* rank and comment on deals other have posted

Let's post all the deals we see on other classify here. and I will keep it up-to-date, so even lurkers can benefit from our knowledge

Let me start with this

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SNOW-GOOSE-CANAD ... 2891117948
*not in great condition, but at 200 dollars Buy price, if you work outdoor, it's a great price*

Jackets in demand right now. (if you have one for sales, contact users individually or post it on the thread)

Canada Goose:
L youth Expedition
XL youth Expedition

small navy blue citadel
S Green Air Force Bomber --
Medium in Navy or Black Yorkville
XS Air Force Bomber
XS black squadron jacket
1201 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4910 posts
753 upvotes
This thread is a great idea for us extreme bargain hunters. I'll provide some resources below.
kingofwale wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2012 7:48 pm
* post deals you feel would benefit others here
This is fantastic since I've been posting deals in the authenticity thread since that seemed like the only half-appropriate place to do it, and deals can get lost in there because of the heavy anti-counterfeit discussion.
kingofwale wrote:
* ways to bargain (CFGA, please repost what you wrote before)
No problem. Here is my negotiation guide that I'm still in the process of testing. Mind you, as of this writing, I have not yet put it into action, but I do plan on practicing what I preach. It should be an effective place to start, considering I learned the tactics from family members who are skilled negotiators and I am quite persuasive and charismatic in other non-bartering areas of my life.
kingofwale wrote:
* rank and comment on deals other have posted
Hoping more people score ludicrously cheap jackets and share their experiences here in this thread. Nobody should be paying retail prices for Canada Goose. Other companies, less so because counterfeiting is non-existent (so far so good) and hasn't diluted the secondhand market value of authentic goods, and the obvious lack of ubiquity that Canada Goose has. I gave myself permission to buy CMFR at a measly 15% off since they're only offered at three online retailers, none of which are in my town.
kingofwale wrote:
Let's post all the deals we see on other classify here. and I will keep it up-to-date, so even lurkers can benefit from our knowledge
You got that right! At the time I viewed this topic, below are the viewing stats for this thread... an overwhelming number of lurkers! :lol:
There are currently 26 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 25 guests)

Here is a guide on how to get started/educated so you don't get scammed on fakes before wading into dangerous waters. That link is essentially the process every person new to Canada Goose bargain hunting should take so that they don't plunge into dangerous shark-infested waters without a speargun and a shark cage. The advice is tailored towards Canada Goose because there are rampant amounts of counterfeit jackets, so bargain hunters must exercise caution. Because we haven't seen counterfeits of other companies' products, the advice is not as relevant and you can let your guard down just a little bit, but always stay wary because you never know when replicas might finally make an appearance.

Here is another, much more detailed guide I wrote on how and why to buy authentic.

Check out the link in my signature below for BananaWeed's compiled reviews so you actually know the type of prey you might want to hunt.

Story time. Earlier this week, I was supposed to visit the seller of a $300 women's Canada Goose Chilliwack. We had arranged to meet on Monday night, with me calling on Monday afternoon/evening to confirm. She never returned my call. I moved on.

I am currently scheduled to see another $150 women's Chilliwack on Sunday afternoon and I will likely do a quick inspection and then buy it outright at that price without bothering with negotiating since it's already rock bottom and matches the price of my other best deal, my $150 Snow Goose Resolute which I then resold for more than double my initial investment.

I'm also trying to arrange to see a $500 Canada Goose Como on the same day since both sellers live in the same area of town and I could kill two birds with one stone, and I will attempt to negotiate that item to a lower price but it won't be a bad deal at the full $500 since it's quite rare and retailed for $1295 before selling out completely this season.

I will keep you guys up to speed with my progress and hopefully post some lessons learned so others may gain from it as well.

Note: I am not in Toronto, so for the majority of RFDers who are Torontonians, it's not that I'm lucky in finding extreme deals to which you're not privy... I simply live in another town and so we swim in different waters in search of similar prey. ;) So no need to contact me wondering where I'm getting/finding secret deals. ;) And, these are the first great deals I have seen since fall 2011... I haven't been able to find anything worth pursuing until very recently! Gotta strike while the iron is hot!

Happy hunting and looking forward to some stories!
Oct 29, 2008
172 posts
4 upvotes
$150 for a chilliwack, thats a pretty good deal imo because even northface and columbia jackets dont even go for that cheap.

But this thread should be interesting as many out there knows about the 18% increase for the 2012/13 season. People like zumi and other members here would love to buy jackets at a low price and resell it for profit.

My question is now, who is nice enough to share a hot deal rather than keeping it to themselves. Lets say if you see an authentic 9/10 condition small black chateau selling for 350, to be honest I'd rather keep it to myself than sharing :D but hey who knows maybe someone like the OP will.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
8859 posts
299 upvotes
Mississauga
Jimboski wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2012 10:01 pm
$150 for a Chilliwack, WHERE!?

China-Goose
RFD 33-0-0
Ebay 18-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
23349 posts
1452 upvotes
Markham
Jimboski wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2012 10:01 pm
$150 for a Chilliwack, WHERE!?
I'd love to buy one at $150 and give it a good dry clean.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
23349 posts
1452 upvotes
Markham
Jimboski wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2012 10:07 pm
No removable fur no dry clean..

Hell. I should just purchase one of those H20 Mop X5.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9248 posts
644 upvotes
709394 wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2012 9:55 pm
$150 for a chilliwack, thats a pretty good deal imo because even northface and columbia jackets dont even go for that cheap.

But this thread should be interesting as many out there knows about the 18% increase for the 2012/13 season. People like zumi and other members here would love to buy jackets at a low price and resell it for profit.

My question is now, who is nice enough to share a hot deal rather than keeping it to themselves. Lets say if you see an authentic 9/10 condition small black chateau selling for 350, to be honest I'd rather keep it to myself than sharing :D but hey who knows maybe someone like the OP will.

lol, let's be honest, I got my Chateau (last year model) from a nice guy here for 390. How I got it was that I posted somewhere here that I was looking for a Chateau and he saw it. He asked for 450 and I asked straight out in PM how much he can do for me, he said he wouldn't go below 380-400.

I offered 390 for middle price and he said yes.

Another time, someone here asked me if 300 was a great price for a used Chilliwack and he wrote me the link to the ad on RFD. I PMed the seller and the seller quoted me 280. I sent it to the buyer and they made a deal. (in fact, I would've bought it myself, but I thought that would take the honour out of it). True story, the seller even commented on one of my thread asking me why I didn't buy it from him.... well, now he knows why. LOL

I understand the worry about it, but let's think about it, how much can Zumi buy? it's not exactly that profitable to flip. Yes, you buy it for 300 and sell it for 400, but you run in a huge risk of not being able to sell and having to hold on to inventory until next winter. :)

@CGFA. Hopefully this thread would work for me especially when I look for 2 jackets for my parents... when it's the sizes too big or small but with great price, I'd post it so people who are looking for... can take advantage.

Let's not hoard too much, I mean, the way the business goes, what goes around, comes around. Let's build some karma. ;)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9248 posts
644 upvotes
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell ... Z343896690

saw this a few days ago. I actually tried to contact the person.

Claimed to be the special edition, but CGFA made a great suggestion that it just seems like the regular edition.

regardless, it looks legit and since the buyer doesn't know, maybe we can get some good value out of it.... they are selling it for 350. If they can drop it to 300 when *whoever* states that it's not the actually jacket.

God knows, it'd be a great day for last year's model.

and if it does turn out to be Loro Piana model, it'd be a mad deal. LOL
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
43370 posts
3062 upvotes
Toronto
kingofwale wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2012 10:23 pm
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell ... Z343896690

saw this a few days ago. I actually tried to contact the person.

Claimed to be the special edition, but CGFA made a great suggestion that it just seems like the regular edition.

regardless, it looks legit and since the buyer doesn't know, maybe we can get some good value out of it.... they are selling it for 350. If they can drop it to 300 when *whoever* states that it's not the actually jacket.

God knows, it'd be a great day for last year's model.

and if it does turn out to be Loro Piana model, it'd be a mad deal. LOL

Whitby lol.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9248 posts
644 upvotes
Jimboski wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2012 10:25 pm
Whitby lol.

lol, Whitby is 20 minutes drive for me.... if you have a car. ;)
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
23349 posts
1452 upvotes
Markham
kingofwale wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2012 10:28 pm
lol, Whitby is 20 minutes drive for me.... if you have a car. ;)
Not everyone drives a Lamborghini
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9248 posts
644 upvotes
yao416 wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2012 10:29 pm
Not everyone drives a Lamborghini

lol, if you drive a Lambo, then there's no need for a jacket. Girls will sit on top of you to keep you warm. ;)

BTW.... for any lurkers, I'm looking for a Small size jacket for my mom and XS for my dad (I'm thinking I can go with L youth for my mom or XL youth for my dad). Probably want to go Expedition because Chilliwack is for teens. ;) . So if anyone has any, let me know.
× < >