Wiseman wrote:
Sep 18th, 2017 9:31 pm

Did you try it?

I was trying to stack:
4000 points on $15 worth of no name/pc/etc
20x points on milk
3000 points on $20 spend
I also have the 15x on $20 spend

I spent about $26, but in the end I only got the 4000pts and 20x points on milk.
While ringing the total on the screen I could see there were 4 promotional coupons applied but I guess the 4000 points cancelled out the spend over $20 coupons? I'm not sure. Not sure if I should call to complain.
lecale wrote:
Sep 18th, 2017 10:09 pm
4000 points "when you buy" $15 PC won't stack with another "when you buy" offer :(
Correct.

If you have multiple Spend $ X and get Y points coupons loaded... The system will only use one (seems to use the FIRST one you loaded that qualifies)

Same with if you have 2 or more multipliers loaded (ie 15x the points / 20x the points on so much spent)

This is why it is so important to check what offers have come in & what offers / coupons you have loaded BEFORE you make a purchase

Bonus points on individual items don't seem to matter (cause ya don't generally get 2 different coupons for shampoo at the same time)

But multipliers & Spend $ X get Y does matter... Figure out ahead what you plan to spend, and just make sure that ONLY the most advantageous one is loaded (by going to the see my coupons page on the website, you can activate new coupons or deactivate ones you don't want)
Mar 11, 2004
659 posts
5 upvotes
Thanks, I was hoping to buy a laptop or TV which I realize are probably lame at SDM, but are priced at over $170. I won't do this now!
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3907 posts
1105 upvotes
I haven't got the 20x points on milk in some time.

I did spend 80,000 points recently ....

Is there anyway to reset and get the coupon again or is my account flagged as a redeemer .....

Shame! You redeem points? Shame!
Mar 18, 2007
587 posts
162 upvotes
Online coupons loaded but do not work?

Anyone else have this problem? Often use for milk but for other stuff as well.
I find 75% of the time in recent months that no bonus points get awarded when they should be.
Store cashiers confirm it's a common problem.
I email to ask for a correction but recently some of those are not getting done either.
This is getting ridiculous and happening to some of my friends as well.
I get bombarded with their emails and offers and it's really annoying that they don't work as advertised most of the time
Sep 9, 2017
106 posts
46 upvotes
Winnipeg
WalterQ wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 7:57 pm
Online coupons loaded but do not work?

Anyone else have this problem? Often use for milk but for other stuff as well.
I find 75% of the time in recent months that no bonus points get awarded when they should be.
Store cashiers confirm it's a common problem.
I email to ask for a correction but recently some of those are not getting done either.
This is getting ridiculous and happening to some of my friends as well.
I get bombarded with their emails and offers and it's really annoying that they don't work as advertised most of the time
It happened to me last week. Luckily it was only a 20X points on milk offer, so I missed 760 points on the 4L jug I bought. I didn't contact them about it, but had it been a bigger shopping trip I definitely would have.

Other than this one time, I've never had a problem.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3884 posts
1256 upvotes
Swerny wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 9:58 am
anyone have any insight on if/when they will offer the exchange offer of SDM points to PC points?

I find it easy to redeem at Loblaws but not so much at SDM.

The last time they did it was 2016 and it worked both ways
I think that was just testing/research. They actually offered exchange twice, once point for point and once dollar value to dollar value.

In the news analysts say that Loblaw may be able to merge the two programs by the fall of 2018. They seem to be doing a lot of work on the SDM system though; maybe sooner?
Feb 9, 2003
107 posts
1 upvote
Looks like the class action against Pharmaprix is being paid out.

Check your Optimum points balance and find additional points that are unrelated to your actual purchases.
This seems to be for Quebec clients only. Don't know how they calculate the number of points that each
account is entitled to, but free points is always good.
Sep 29, 2010
23 posts
6 upvotes
Vaughan
PointsHubby wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 2:38 am
Correct.

If you have multiple Spend $ X and get Y points coupons loaded... The system will only use one (seems to use the FIRST one you loaded that qualifies)

Same with if you have 2 or more multipliers loaded (ie 15x the points / 20x the points on so much spent)

This is why it is so important to check what offers have come in & what offers / coupons you have loaded BEFORE you make a purchase

Bonus points on individual items don't seem to matter (cause ya don't generally get 2 different coupons for shampoo at the same time)

But multipliers & Spend $ X get Y does matter... Figure out ahead what you plan to spend, and just make sure that ONLY the most advantageous one is loaded (by going to the see my coupons page on the website, you can activate new coupons or deactivate ones you don't want)
In some cases, they do stack - check out the reciept on my website (with points calculator) Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum Points Optimizer/Calculator - http://www.paolodipetta.com/optimum/

I was somehow able to stack
+PC/Life products $15 = ~4000 points
+PC shortbread = 800 points
+Life Acetamenophen = ~4000 points.

I spent $17 and got $19 in points back.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1483 posts
793 upvotes
pdipps wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 11:15 am
In some cases, they do stack - check out the reciept on my website (with points calculator) Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum Points Optimizer/Calculator - http://www.paolodipetta.com/optimum/

I was somehow able to stack
+PC/Life products $15 = ~4000 points
+PC shortbread = 800 points
+Life Acetamenophen = ~4000 points.

I spent $17 and got $19 in points back.
Not the same thing ... Those are Points for Merchandise Coupons, and YES they are stackable.

We were talking about Points for Spending, those are not stackable.

For example, right now My Optimum Account shows 2 Points for Money Spent Offers, one is

8,000 Points for Spending $ 40, and the other is
18,500 Points for Spending $ 75

They don't stack, so ya don't get 26,500 for spending $ 75 or more, nor does spending $ 115 get you both either

And if you have both loaded and spend $ 75 there is still a good chance you may ONLY earn 8,000 for the $ 40+ spend cause you loaded it first

With these types of Offers, it is very important to only have the one you intend to use at the time loaded to your My Optimum Card (offers can be loaded / unloaded as one wishes... Click / unclick)

I have been known for example to go into the store for just a few items intending to use the Spend $ 40 = 8,000 Points offer, to find that I actually decide to buy other things / spend more money cause I have found something on sale (or a Manager's This Store Only Special / Clearance) and used my phone to log into My Optimum Account to switch out the loaded offer from the $ 40 offer to the more advantageous $ 75 offer cause I was looking at an overall spend of $ 75+

BUT if I had not... Then I may well have very well have got the 8,000 Points vs the 18,500 Points Bonus. BIG Difference.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2416 posts
552 upvotes
Montreal
Anyone know when the next bonus redemption day will be? I've been waiting forever.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3884 posts
1256 upvotes
Betting the weekend of 25-26 November? There's usually one near Black Friday.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
5204 posts
1001 upvotes
Montreal
bc3205 wrote:
Oct 14th, 2017 6:39 pm
Looks like the class action against Pharmaprix is being paid out.

Check your Optimum points balance and find additional points that are unrelated to your actual purchases.
This seems to be for Quebec clients only. Don't know how they calculate the number of points that each
account is entitled to, but free points is always good.
Do you have more details on this class action suit? First I hear of it. I was awarded ~2300 points on October 12.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2146 posts
591 upvotes
Global Village
Did some shoppers shopping today using my optimum card and when I got home I was surprised to see an email from Shoppers with my receipt. 1st time I see this, color me impressed.