"Official" Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum Points discussion

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2017 5:11 pm
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
7411 posts
8216 upvotes
GT-EH
I believe the "When you spend $X.xx" coupons are ONE per transaction.

(i.e. the system won't claim both coupons even though you spent over both qualified coupon amounts)
I just like to collect things! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Sep 9, 2017
162 posts
63 upvotes
Winnipeg
minimalist wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 12:48 pm
I tried to stack the "Brands you Love 4000 pts on $15 spend" coupon with a "3000 pts when you spend $20 on anything" coupon" today. I only got the 4000 pts for "Brands You Love" so they're not stackable (even partially). I was also able to use my $1 off milk coupon, though.

A few other observations:

1. It appears that my SDM is mistakenly charging GST (I'm in BC) on strange grocery items like cornstarch and cereal. Not sure what is causing this but the items have a "G" beside them on the receipt and GST is being applied to items that are clearly tax free grocery items.

2. It appears that you earn points on the full price of an item when the item has a "Manager's Coupon". A "Manager's Coupon" is one of those $3 off, for example, sticker coupons that SDM puts on the front of items that are due to expire soon. I had such a coupon for $3 off a $3.99 item and got the pts based on $3.99.
Sorry to hear about the non-stack (even partial). I wish I had the same coupons this week so I could check if I got the same results here. I'll see what offer I get for Friday.
Dec 11, 2010
32 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
GiOBoY wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 1:43 pm
I believe the "When you spend $X.xx" coupons are ONE per transaction.

(i.e. the system won't claim both coupons even though you spent over both qualified coupon amounts)
True. When You Spend offers NEVER combine.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1002 posts
362 upvotes
I have a 15x coupon and a "Spend 95,000 and get 30,000 points" coupon. Do they stack? I understand that I would only get 15x on whatever I would actually be paying for above the $170 redeemed, but can both offers be used for the same transaction?
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4229 posts
437 upvotes
Mississauga
if i get an offer for 4k points for buying diapers... and also 20x points for spending over $xx.... when i buy diapers, which offer does it use??
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
1541 posts
293 upvotes
Vancouver
minimalist wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 12:48 pm
I tried to stack the "Brands you Love 4000 pts on $15 spend" coupon with a "3000 pts when you spend $20 on anything" coupon" today. I only got the 4000 pts for "Brands You Love" so they're not stackable (even partially). I was also able to use my $1 off milk coupon, though.

A few other observations:

1. It appears that my SDM is mistakenly charging GST (I'm in BC) on strange grocery items like cornstarch and cereal. Not sure what is causing this but the items have a "G" beside them on the receipt and GST is being applied to items that are clearly tax free grocery items.

2. It appears that you earn points on the full price of an item when the item has a "Manager's Coupon". A "Manager's Coupon" is one of those $3 off, for example, sticker coupons that SDM puts on the front of items that are due to expire soon. I had such a coupon for $3 off a $3.99 item and got the pts based on $3.99.
Did you actually reach $20 though?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
1239 posts
225 upvotes
marmalade12 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 1:26 pm
Sub total or total?
Subtotal was $21.xx and Total was $21.xx. Was charged less than a dollar in GST including GST incorrectly applied to cornstarch!
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
1239 posts
225 upvotes
john.canad wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 9:36 am
That's weird, I got both bonus points
Interesting.

I wonder if the reason I didn't also get the "3000 pts when you spend $20 on anything" pts was because I also used a $1 off milk coupon?

So, as a reminder, I got points from "Brands you Love 4000 pts on $15 spend" coupon and also was able to use a $1 off milk coupon.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4922 posts
770 upvotes
Seniors' Day Thurs. Dec 7, 2017
https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/opt ... iors-dec07

Am I able to give my mom *my* Optimum points card but ask her to buy something for me using the Seniors' discount/extra points? The promo does say "accompanying family members"...but it is only my card. I think I'm the only one in my family who has one.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1921 posts
1019 upvotes
peanutz wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 7:18 pm
Seniors' Day Thurs. Dec 7, 2017
https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/opt ... iors-dec07

Am I able to give my mom *my* Optimum points card but ask her to buy something for me using the Seniors' discount/extra points? The promo does say "accompanying family members"...but it is only my card. I think I'm the only one in my family who has one.
The deal is “technically for” Seniors & those who accompany them (knowing that the older & frailer one gets the more likely a Sr does not come alone)

If you only have one card between you, I say shop together, go thru the cash together, lol... just don’t peek at what she buys for you (for best results I say go thru the cash in Cosmetics... I say the folks there are some of the nicest at every Shoppers... they always seem so understanding about special requests)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

saurobr