• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2017 12:46 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4935 posts
773 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 12:20 am
The deal is “technically for” Seniors & those who accompany them (knowing that the older & frailer one gets the more likely a Sr does not come alone)

If you only have one card between you, I say shop together, go thru the cash together, lol... just don’t peek at what she buys for you (for best results I say go thru the cash in Cosmetics... I say the folks there are some of the nicest at every Shoppers... they always seem so understanding about special requests)
So basically it's going to be my mom who wants Christian Dior "Poison Girl" perfume for herself. ;)
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
2063 posts
1064 upvotes
peanutz wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:13 am
So basically it's going to be my mom who wants Christian Dior "Poison Girl" perfume for herself. ;)
Lol, actually as it is your card... it is going to be you who wants Christian Dior “Poison Girl” for yourself, while shopping with Mom the Sr
(Either that or you have one foxy Momma who you buy nice cologne for Smiling Face With Sunglasses)

TIP - ya might want to get Mom enrolled in Shoppers Optimum while there is still time. Working with 2 Accounts hers & yours can be pretty advantageous come BONUS Events.
Oct 14, 2017
40 posts
23 upvotes
GTA
peanutz wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 7:18 pm
Seniors' Day Thurs. Dec 7, 2017
https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/opt ... iors-dec07

Am I able to give my mom *my* Optimum points card but ask her to buy something for me using the Seniors' discount/extra points? The promo does say "accompanying family members"...but it is only my card. I think I'm the only one in my family who has one.
The senior discount applies based on the person doing the shopping, not the account holder of the card being used. So yes, if your mom presents your card, the cashier should trigger the senior discount. In practice, you can probably be the one to present your card and pay as long as she's with you at the cash and you point out to the cashier that she's a senior. I've seen people do this a few times, never with any issue at all, although YMMV.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
1241 posts
225 upvotes
Is Optimum email customer service really this slow?

I emailed them Sunday night and again Tuesday morning about missing points. Haven't heard back from them nor have they added the points.
Sep 21, 2017
13 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver
minimalist wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 3:17 pm
Is Optimum email customer service really this slow?

I emailed them Sunday night and again Tuesday morning about missing points. Haven't heard back from them nor have they added the points.
Yeah in the past when I emailed them about missing points they were really slow, like took days to respond. I much prefer PC plus with how easy it is to do a missing points inquiry and they respond really quickly.
Nov 28, 2017
3 posts
Does anyone know if they did the “12 Days Of Deals” last year? I don’t remember it.

If so, anyone remember generally what the promos were like? Were they all pretty much 20x points when you spend $x?
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2007
1296 posts
53 upvotes
Quick Question, when the offer from SDM said, purchase the Milk and get 800 points. Do you get 1600 points when you buy two bags? or you get only 800 points period even when you buy multiple. TIA
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2006
1799 posts
350 upvotes
Toronto
sunchaser53 wrote:
Dec 9th, 2017 8:36 am
Quick Question, when the offer from SDM said, purchase the Milk and get 800 points. Do you get 1600 points when you buy two bags? or you get only 800 points period even when you buy multiple. TIA
Only for one unlike PC, hope this changes after they merge.
Jul 13, 2015
109 posts
28 upvotes
Ontario
sunchaser53 wrote:
loonie wrote:
Dec 9th, 2017 11:58 am
Only for one unlike PC, hope this changes after they merge.
I received 1,600 points for doing this once. I have yet to try it since though.
Nov 21, 2015
227 posts
58 upvotes
Port Coquitlam, BC
I know this has probably been asked a million times, but I have a question about using multiple offers in a single transaction. I have 2 offers I would like to use concurrently. 20x the points on milk and 15x points when you spend over $40. I will be making this purchase on Thursday and getting the 20% off senior discount on $15 worth of milk. Will both offers yield points? If I spend $60 in store, will I receive 9000 points or 12000 points?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3905 posts
1272 upvotes
As of about the beginning of September this year you only get 20X the points on ONE bag of milk no matter how many bags that you buy. Before that, you used to get 20X on all of your bags.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
2063 posts
1064 upvotes
Been awhile since I did any stacking at Shoppers...
And I know there have been some recent changes, but here is how I understand it to be:

Bonuses come in 2 Categories
Items and Bottom Line

You can stack all the item bonuses you want
* Buy this get Y Points
* Buy this and get 20x Points on it

*** Always read the coupons for the fine print T&Cs, cause sometimes there are restrictions on quantities etc ***

Bottom Line Bonuses you can only have one, so
* Spend $ x and get y Points
Or
* 15x the Points on your total purchase

So in your case, and there is one from each category (and not 2 Bottom Liners) they should stack
You’ll get 20x the Points on milk, and
15x the points for spending over $ 40

Remember, Seniors Day 20% off only applies to regular priced merchandise

EDIT - change the word Collect to stack
And updated the T&Cs
Last edited by PointsHubby on Dec 9th, 2017 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3905 posts
1272 upvotes
sunchaser53 wrote:
800 pts for one bag only, regular 40 pts on the rest of your bags
Images
  • one_product_only.jpg
Nov 21, 2015
227 posts
58 upvotes
Port Coquitlam, BC
PointsHubby wrote:
Dec 9th, 2017 9:43 pm
Been awhile since I did any stacking at Shoppers...
And I know there have been some recent changes, but here is how I understand it to be:

Bonuses come in 2 Categories
Items and Bottom Line

You can collect all the item bonuses you want
* Buy this get Y Points
* Buy this and get 20x Points on it

*** Always read the coupons for the fine print T&Cs ***

Bottom Line Bonuses you can only have one, so
* Spend $ x and get y Points
Or
* 15x the Points on your total purchase

So in your case, and there is one from each category (and not 2 Bottom Liners) they should stack
You’ll get 20x the Points on milk, and
15x the points for spending over $ 40

Remember, Seniors Day 20% off only applies to regular priced merchandise
Thank you for the concise response.
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
13710 posts
1235 upvotes
Toronto
lecale wrote:
Dec 9th, 2017 9:36 pm
As of about the beginning of September this year you only get 20X the points on ONE bag of milk no matter how many bags that you buy. Before that, you used to get 20X on all of your bags.
Was gonna say, because I remember I was.
"Deal of the Day" addict