• Feb 1st, 2018 2:09 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2005
4211 posts
448 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
divx wrote:
Jul 28th, 2016 7:51 pm
promo doesn't stack, but if there is a public promo and you have a personal coupon loaded, which one takes effect? say there is 20x points and spend x to get x points
The software is supposed to get one the best value.
It will check all the applicable promos and coupons automatically.
Mar 20, 2015
108 posts
38 upvotes
WINNIPEG
Anybody have any promo codes for linking the SDM Optimum card in-app? Only one I could find online was the 1998 promo code from last year, it seems to be expired. Really want to have this card in my Apple Wallet instead of taking up room in my regular wallet.
Apr 1, 2004
300 posts
105 upvotes
bytemovies wrote:
Jul 29th, 2016 1:23 am
Anybody have any promo codes for linking the SDM Optimum card in-app? Only one I could find online was the 1998 promo code from last year, it seems to be expired. Really want to have this card in my Apple Wallet instead of taking up room in my regular wallet.
why do u need a promo code to add it to apple wallet?

download the sdm app, log in, click the icon of barcode on top right, and there is button that say add to passbook
Mar 20, 2015
108 posts
38 upvotes
WINNIPEG
You have to activate your card through email, sends you directly into profile info screen. Can't get through to the full app until you complete profile, don't want to complete it if there is a promo code for free points.
Apr 1, 2004
300 posts
105 upvotes
bytemovies wrote:
Jul 29th, 2016 1:46 am
You have to activate your card through email, sends you directly into profile info screen. Can't get through to the full app until you complete profile, don't want to complete it if there is a promo code for free points.
i see

alright then, use the stocard app
you can manually enter in the card number, and it scans just fine at the till
it also has a short cut widget on the pull down menu

or
you can then add it to apple wallet (it shows up as a stocard card)

(but if you are redeeming points, the cashier might ask you for the actual card or use the app, because unfortunately there are people stealing points that way...)
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
2952 posts
438 upvotes
john.canad - In my case (even with the decline in offers) the SDM Optimum program is better for me than PCPlus (a review of today's offers being a case in point). Note I do not have the PC MasterCard, nor do I want it.

However, for other people the PCPlus program is better. The funny thing is that I do spend a fair amount of money at Loblaws, but I guess not on the things that they want me to spend the money on.

I will not buy something I do not need/use just to get points. I also will not buy something at $6.49 because it happens to appear on my offers list that I paid $3.99 for the week before (Jordan's cereal comes to mind).
May 16, 2015
775 posts
162 upvotes
York, ON
Blanche123 wrote:
Jul 29th, 2016 11:26 am
john.canad - In my case (even with the decline in offers) the SDM Optimum program is better for me than PCPlus (a review of today's offers being a case in point). Note I do not have the PC MasterCard, nor do I want it.

However, for other people the PCPlus program is better. The funny thing is that I do spend a fair amount of money at Loblaws, but I guess not on the things that they want me to spend the money on.

I will not buy something I do not need/use just to get points. I also will not buy something at $6.49 because it happens to appear on my offers list that I paid $3.99 for the week before (Jordan's cereal comes to mind).
It really depends on what u buy and luck ofc for both programs. I love shoppers because there's so many ways to get pts and offers on lots of days however recently it's been pretty bad. Benefit of pc is u can stack offers up for example spend $100 get 10000 pts + every $10 on coke get 2000 pts. Not to mention u can save some offers for next week which is a huge benefit if it does happen to go on sale.

It's a give and take and how u view it
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
2229 posts
482 upvotes
Vancouver
bytemovies wrote:
Jul 29th, 2016 1:46 am
you are literally waiting for at most 2000 points
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
2229 posts
482 upvotes
Vancouver
bigmac22 wrote:
Jul 29th, 2016 12:52 pm
It really depends on what u buy and luck ofc for both programs. I love shoppers because there's so many ways to get pts and offers on lots of days however recently it's been pretty bad. Benefit of pc is u can stack offers up for example spend $100 get 10000 pts + every $10 on coke get 2000 pts. Not to mention u can save some offers for next week which is a huge benefit if it does happen to go on sale.

It's a give and take and how u view it
You can stack coupons with Shopper's in this manner as well. Just not spend x get x coupons, but they do have 10x points for certain items or just bonus points on certain items.
May 16, 2015
775 posts
162 upvotes
York, ON
john.canad wrote:
Jul 29th, 2016 1:28 pm
You can stack coupons with Shopper's in this manner as well. Just not spend x get x coupons, but they do have 10x points for certain items or just bonus points on certain items.
Stacking with shoppers isn't good compared to pc plus. Since shoppers it's a limit of 1 product where as pc u can buy as many products in 1 transaction and get pts for each product.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2005
4211 posts
448 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
bigmac22 wrote:
Jul 29th, 2016 1:46 pm
Stacking with shoppers isn't good compared to pc plus. Since shoppers it's a limit of 1 product where as pc u can buy as many products in 1 transaction and get pts for each product.
Yeah....the restrictions in stacking at Shoppers left a bad taste in my mouth.
They know exactly what coupons they send you, so why even send coupons that on the surface seem stackable but are not?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
4456 posts
1565 upvotes
bigmac22 wrote:
Jul 29th, 2016 1:46 pm
e.g., 1,000 pts on item works once, but 20X on item works on all. So some offers do work on multiples.

I have spent $770 there this year and have earned and redeemed $260 on top of that, from those purchases. I will not complain about this program!
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
2952 posts
438 upvotes
lecale wrote:
Jul 29th, 2016 3:57 pm
e.g., 1,000 pts on item works once, but 20X on item works on all. So some offers do work on multiples.

I have spent $770 there this year and have earned and redeemed $260 on top of that, from those purchases. I will not complain about this program!
Agreed. I have 2 one-time use coupons that I will use today - plus I also have an Exclusive for 20 times the points - so I will be buying a couple more of the items in question.

I may not be happy about the beginning of the shift of coupons to products that I have never purchased as is my experience with PCPlus, but I much prefer the Optimum program. During the past two weeks I have cashed in 190,000 points (2 x 95 - one bunch of points each week) and still have over 400 points remaining in my account.

The SDM I frequent has recently added a large food section with food products that I will actually buy. Many of the prices are the same as those at Loblaws (and often considerably better). During the recent heat wave I have definitely purchased many food items at SDM due to its proximity. No matter what I have to drive, but SDM is about 1/3 closer and with all of the lunatics on the road I prefer it.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2005
3922 posts
2557 upvotes
Toronto
I loaded a 15x points if you spend $20 coupon and a 8000 points if you spend $30 coupon.

So if I spend more than $30, the computer will be smart enough to use the 8000 points coupon(the better value) right?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
4456 posts
1565 upvotes
Spiderpal93 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2016 1:56 pm
I loaded a 15x points if you spend $20 coupon and a 8000 points if you spend $30 coupon.

So if I spend more than $30, the computer will be smart enough to use the 8000 points coupon(the better value) right?
Yes