Jul 20, 2010
1168 posts
209 upvotes
Vancouver
lecale wrote:
Aug 21st, 2016 3:57 pm
Cjohnson202 wrote:
Aug 21st, 2016 3:54 pm
Has anyone else not had their optimum points come out of their account??

I was at 83,000ish a few weeks ago and used 50,000 on a new waterflosser and some tooth brush heads. It seemed to use them, if I remember correctly.

Then last week I got a $10 on candy, get 3000 points coupon, however, the coupon didn't work so I was told to call in and ask for the 3000 points. Call took 5 minutes, guy told me points would be added within 24 hours.

Checked my balance a few days later and I was back up to 83,000. I figured it would just update the next time I used my card (I've had fixes before not add until the next time I used my card), so today when I went to shoppers, I used a coupon for a few different small things and earned 540 points. my balance is now, give or take, 83,540. I check my transaction history and the 50,000 redemption is still there, as is the 3000 they added to my account. I've checked my balance both online and on the app and both say the same things.

Strange?
Points balances online have been screwed up singe 8/15. They are working on fixing this. Don't worry, your 50k should be debited out of your account within the next week. Don't use the points or you'll end up with a negative balance.
How can you tell it's just online? I checked my receipt today and it reflects the balance I have online, altho when I manually calculate the points, they are still screwed up
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3320 posts
1003 upvotes
john.canad wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2016 2:34 pm
lecale wrote:
Cjohnson202 wrote:
Aug 21st, 2016 3:54 pm
Has anyone else not had their optimum points come out of their account??

I was at 83,000ish a few weeks ago and used 50,000 on a new waterflosser and some tooth brush heads. It seemed to use them, if I remember correctly.

Then last week I got a $10 on candy, get 3000 points coupon, however, the coupon didn't work so I was told to call in and ask for the 3000 points. Call took 5 minutes, guy told me points would be added within 24 hours.

Checked my balance a few days later and I was back up to 83,000. I figured it would just update the next time I used my card (I've had fixes before not add until the next time I used my card), so today when I went to shoppers, I used a coupon for a few different small things and earned 540 points. my balance is now, give or take, 83,540. I check my transaction history and the 50,000 redemption is still there, as is the 3000 they added to my account. I've checked my balance both online and on the app and both say the same things.

Strange?
Points balances online have been screwed up singe 8/15. They are working on fixing this. Don't worry, your 50k should be debited out of your account within the next week. Don't use the points or you'll end up with a negative balance.
How can you tell it's just online? I checked my receipt today and it reflects the balance I have online, altho when I manually calculate the points, they are still screwed up
That's right, the store balances and online points balances are still screwed up, but if you look in your transaction log now and add that up you will get an accurate points balance.

I track my points/purchases in a spreadsheet so I know the store/online are still screwed up.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
2952 posts
438 upvotes
lecale wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2016 2:38 pm
john.canad wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2016 2:34 pm
lecale wrote:

That's right, the store balances and online points balances are still screwed up, but if you look in your transaction log now and add that up you will get an accurate points balance.

I track my points/purchases in a spreadsheet so I know the store/online are still screwed up.
My points balance (before the manual posting of the missing points) is still off by 28,820. But since the points that were manually posted have now auto posted on-line, the manually posted points will be reversed. This will end up with my account being out 28,820 plus 28,710 so it is going from bad to worse.

I still have the 2 bills showing what the balances should be but I am not optimistic. I really do not know how they are going to fix this, but I know that the proper business decision had better be made. I have not shopped at SDM since Aug. 17 - my points offer was too good - but I did call first. The new points were added to the incorrect balance. It was noticed by the beauty advisor who is also out points.

I have not been to SDM since. I always check the balanced on-line after shopping at SDM to make certain that the points have been posted. My first clue was that my balance was only $690 when it should have been higher. I am printing off the pages.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
2952 posts
438 upvotes
bigmac22 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2016 2:23 pm
I am hoping for a 20x coupon this week but so far only got 15x damn.
I have a 20 x the points coupon for anything in the store for this Friday. For once it is on $30 or more instead of a much higher dollar figure. I have no idea how the computer calculates the coupons but I suspect the worst since we are (were?) good customers.
May 16, 2015
681 posts
122 upvotes
York, ON
Blanche123 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2016 11:31 am
bigmac22 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2016 2:23 pm
I am hoping for a 20x coupon this week but so far only got 15x damn.
I have a 20 x the points coupon for anything in the store for this Friday. For once it is on $30 or more instead of a much higher dollar figure. I have no idea how the computer calculates the coupons but I suspect the worst since we are (were?) good customers.
Out of 3 of my cards I got 1 with 20x Friday same as u (thank god) I called a few shoppers around and picked up a 8gb ram with 500gb storage which is on sale for $349.99 until today. Paid $226.×× after taxes and redemption 95000 pts. Got back 36000 pts
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
1858 posts
2149 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
I posted this in the "Shoppers Optimum Program Expiring in 2016" thread and thought it might be worth noting for those that subscribe to this thread.

trystee wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2016 3:39 pm
Per SDM's upcoming flyer:

Notice of upcoming extension of the Shoppers Optimum Program

Currently, the Shoppers Optimum Program ("Program") terms and conditions state that the Program terminates on December 31, 2016. The Program's terms and conditions that will come into effect on December 31, 2016 11:59 p.m. will remain unchanged except the following:

• Section 42 - There will be no specific end date to the Program and 45 days advance notice will be given in the event that the Program ends.
  • Section 43 - Members will have the ability to redeem points for 90 days following any future end date.
  • Section 44 - The first sentence that states that the Program will be extended or terminated with 30 days notice will be removed, as it will no longer be applicable.

Please ask a cashier or see www.Shoppersdrugmart.ca/Optimum/Legal for the full version of the upcoming terms and conditions. If you continue to use your Shoppers Optimum Card after December 31, 2016, you will be considered to have accepted this new term.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2003
3967 posts
1331 upvotes
suziecute wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2016 1:02 pm
Anybody knows when the next bonus redemption is?
Any update on when the next bonus redemption is?
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
14041 posts
3164 upvotes
suziecute wrote:
Oct 24th, 2016 12:20 am
suziecute wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2016 1:02 pm
Anybody knows when the next bonus redemption is?
Any update on when the next bonus redemption is?
Just talked with an employee and he said next month (November) has a redemption day. They may be down to one a year after that...

Maybe to coincide with Black Friday? Who knows...
Feb 1, 2006
969 posts
157 upvotes
If I make a purchase on a 20X points day and also redeem points on that purchase will I receive 20X points on the whole purchase?
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
1168 posts
209 upvotes
Vancouver
minimalist wrote:
Oct 27th, 2016 6:09 pm
If I make a purchase on a 20X points day and also redeem points on that purchase will I receive 20X points on the whole purchase?
People ask this question a lot but is there any rewards program that give you points for redeeming points?
No, you will also have to spend the amount required for 20x points AFTER points have been used for the purchase
Feb 1, 2006
969 posts
157 upvotes
john.canad wrote:
Oct 27th, 2016 9:28 pm
minimalist wrote:
People ask this question a lot but is there any rewards program that give you points for redeeming points?
No, you will also have to spend the amount required for 20x points AFTER points have been used for the purchase
So better to redeem the points another time?
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
1168 posts
209 upvotes
Vancouver
minimalist wrote:
Oct 27th, 2016 10:00 pm
john.canad wrote:
Oct 27th, 2016 9:28 pm
minimalist wrote:
So better to redeem the points another time?
I guess the answer is yes, but Shoppers always has these sort of promos, some better than others
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
5046 posts
879 upvotes
Montreal
Hey all you Optimum gurus - I need your help. I used the SDM/Pharmaprix app for the first time yesterday and had two coupons loaded. One coupon gave 15x points for spending $25+ and the second coupon gave 1100 points for buying a PC frozen pizza. I spent $31.48 including two frozen pizzas and only received 310 base points.

After the point summary, my receipt says (translated from French)
Digital coupon unavailable - 9001

You have accumulated the maximum amount of bonus points available. We have verified all special offers available in store, flyer and electronic to ensure we offer you the best rewards possible.
Any idea why I didn't receive any bonus points? Should I have received 5750?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3320 posts
1003 upvotes
psyko514 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2016 4:28 pm
Hey all you Optimum gurus - I need your help. I used the SDM/Pharmaprix app for the first time yesterday and had two coupons loaded. One coupon gave 15x points for spending $25+ and the second coupon gave 1100 points for buying a PC frozen pizza. I spent $31.48 including two frozen pizzas and only received 310 base points.

After the point summary, my receipt says (translated from French)
Digital coupon unavailable - 9001

You have accumulated the maximum amount of bonus points available. We have verified all special offers available in store, flyer and electronic to ensure we offer you the best rewards possible.
Any idea why I didn't receive any bonus points? Should I have received 5750?
Computer glitch, you need to call/email customer service.

You are missing 14X base points = 4,340 + 1,100 for the pizza (works once) = 5,440 points. That would have been 5,750, yes.
Apr 10, 2013
20 posts
4 upvotes
Edmonton
If I have loaded coupons of a 8000 points on a $30 purchase and a 2000 points on a $10 purchase and I make a $30+ purchase, do I get 10,000 points or do just one of the coupons apply?